Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Motel rocks! They do multiple lavish trips a year with influencers to places like Bali, miami, New York and Tokyo but they have about 4 dress patterns and just change the fabric for each product? Basically paying £40 to send an influencer on holiday🤦‍♀️

• Haha
Reactions: 13

GossBoss

VIP Member
This seriously baggy instagrammer seems to think tattle are stopping people from deleting their accounts 🤔
Hilarious ..... but they're happy to show stories in their homes, gardens, surrounding areas, restaurants, pubs, outside work, their workfriends, other friends etc etc etc, their kids, family .... need I go on 🤷
Sorry we looked at your stories, your account etc on a Public Platform. If you don't want people to have an opinion then don't broadcast your whole life to thousands of STRANGERS 🤦‍♀️

• Heart

Pinkii

VIP Member
Im seeing lots mummy bloggers being sent childs farm stuff and its annoying me as i spend loads on this as its the only thing that doesn’t irritate my daughters eczema and i hate they are getting it for free when they can easily afford it

• Sad

rainbowlemon

VIP Member
1.Ca pietra tiles. For deleting my comments on their post about gifted titles was sneaky.
2. Huel - worked with budget FOD who also deleted my comments.

I have respect for M&S though- who didn't remove anything even when when I was posting about their changing room policy changes.

Loulou_23

VIP Member
That's why they don't tell you where the item is from so you HAVE to click the link to find out.

It’s so bloody cheeky! I know it’s their ‘job’ but I really wish influencers weren’t a thing! The amount of stuff they get is ludicrous and quite frankly just unnecessary. Loads of them aren’t even greatful and try to sell the stuff to make even more money! And don’t even start me on the undeclared ads!! 😡😡

Fuck lining their greedy over inflated pockets!!! 😡

Reactions: 12

coconochanel

VIP Member
I wouldn't buy anything these influencers 'recommend' they are scammers and its a shame these companies that give them £500 vouchers to spend didn't give it to a more deserving person like some NHS workers. I feel sorry for the young people watching them because all they are teaching them to do is spend spend spend and people like Gemma Louise Miles promoting the manifesting bullshit to innocent followers really pisses me off. According to her you just ask the universe for what you want and it brings it to you like her Range Rover. So its got nothing to do with the £10.000 pay cheques you get then? I'll tell you what Gemma I'll take all your money away, you go and work in Asda and see how fast you get your Range Rover then! If it was as easy as asking the universe to answer your wishes there would be no homeless people, parents struggling to put food on the table for their children and people dying of cancer, no we'd all be sat in our half a million pound houses with our Jaguars on the drive.

• Heart

Sunshine&clouds

VIP Member
Joules, Cox & Cox, I would say Farrow and Ball, but love their paint too much. 😂 Boden is a similar story to F&B, as is Elemis. 😬 Bloom & Wild who have sent the entire world free flowers, except me. Liberty. Basically everyone who sends free stuff to people already massively fortunate. That pisses me off.

Periwinkle202

Hello fresh not only gift the meals to influencers! According to an American YouTuber she gets paid $5000 monthly from hello fresh to show it on her blog

• Wow
  • Sick
Reactions: 11

TheFabFader

VIP Member
Flash/P&G, if I can help it. Their recent exercise campaign was dreadful and getting the anorexic Beckyhomesweethome to act as ambassador just sucked.

• Heart

Mag83

Not sure if this is the correct place to post but I thought it’s a piece of useful information incase another influencer tries this. I follow one particular thread named after an influencer in NI. It basically called her out on some stupid behaviour and decisions though nothing awful. This influencer wanted to see who was posting and viewing the thread so they devised a plan in that they created a fake Instagram page slamming other NI instagrammers, then she became a member on here pretending she was someone else who had the same opinions as all of us, posted a link to the Instagram page stating that someone set up this account calling out the shitty behaviour of these influencers. Many clicked it thinking nothing of it however the link took you straight to the story so they could then see all the Insta profiles of people viewing her thread via viewing the Instagram story.

Just thought I’d let you know incase your following a thread of someone local to you on here and there’s perhaps unsavoury things said that you’d rather they didn’t know your Instagram profile!

• Wow

Laurst

VIP Member
In The Style. Clever marketing tactic to have a different "celeb" promote a new collection every other week. The clothes are expensive and look tacky.

Reactions: 10

no-no

VIP Member
Elemis
Penhaligons after they started working with Lorna Luxe

This might be controversial but I have a real problem with brands giving discounts/special deals to key workers. I appreciate keyworkers worked all the way through the pandemic and most work very hard but so did lots of other people. They’re also the ones that didn’t lose any of their salaries and are least likely to have lost their jobs or be at risk of losing their jobs in the next 6 months when mass redundancies are predicted. At the same time there are so many families struggling because of redundancies or because they’re self-employed or run their own business that hasn’t been allowed to operate. I don’t see any discounts for them being offered.
Totally agree. Only have to search nhs discount on Twitter to see the absolute entitlement of some e.g. a doctor “absolutely disgusted” about not getting 10% discount in B&M, their staff only get that, have had to work throughout and they’re on minimum wage. Others also fuming ASOS have stopped their 20% discount. I don’t mind essentials but people kicking off they’re not getting discounts on junk food and clothes 🥱

• Wow

bexgreen1983

VIP Member
Majority of the stuff given to Slimming World “influencers”

such as:-

hydratem8 bottles

Spices like JD (fell for it once; utter bollocks. Anyone with half a brain can make better stuff using basic herbs and spices)

that one cal f^cking jelly 😡 I really hate all that stuff

Sarah’s creative kitchen or whatever others punt pound land chocolate for big bucks

One from SW Gemma: low wood bay resort in Lake District. she is always there plugging it. Gutted as well as it does look pretty nice in fairness.

Only one I would probably continue buying is Urban Decay. Have loved their stuff for over 10 years; amazing and it’s good to get an ethical brand that’s good (minus the influencer gifting malark) not 100% why they need to go down this route? They’re well established and have a big base following anyway. 🤷🏻‍♀️
I actually stayed at this hotel after I got married and it is lovely

Nars - after they gifted that huge lipstick collection last year
Missoma - cheap and tacky in my opinion
Hello fresh
Readly
Jo Malone
Benefit

Am sure there are plenty others

Last edited:

Speechdancer

Chatty Member
There are loads of companies I will not buy from, however my reasons have nothing to do with influencer's.

Apple (over priced, don't conform with industry standards yada yada)

Most sports brands because they are associated with famous people I lothe.

Starbucks, mainly because the swill they sell isn't IMO coffee.

And so on.

Affiliatedlink

Chatty Member
Just a quick one is there any brands that do gift to influencers that you WOULD buy from? (as in they manage to get it right and pick suitable people) or is just a complete no go
For me personally it’s totally off putting. I cannot bare to see #AD of #Gift, I don’t usually even bother to watch or look any further.
Brand/companies Giving away enormous pieces of furniture, kitchens and bathrooms is just obscene. It’s also seeing the same brands gifting the same people everytime all to be promoted on the same week. I think these brands do themselves absolutely no favours using ‘influencers’ who seem to think they’re famous and the World owes them a living For doing diddly squat! It’s also the fact that they accept it all whether they like it or not.
I’d much rather see a Beautiful professional model wearing an outfit than some twobit influencers ( who think they’re supermodels) stood amongst the weeds in their back garden doing the teapot pose.

Last edited: