I will never buy from.. (fill in the blank) because they gift so much to social media influencers.

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
From the top of my head:
- In the style
- Fashionnova
- Shein

All problematic and all disgraceful companies.

Reactions: 8
YES but no one seems to dislike her on this website 😂 just me replying to myself
I just looked at her Instagram, I use to creep on her years ago as I loved Jaz hands but I stopped following and my god what has Shannon done to her face 😱

• Haha
Reactions: 1
Joules, Cox & Cox, I would say Farrow and Ball, but love their paint too much. 😂 Boden is a similar story to F&B, as is Elemis. 😬 Bloom & Wild who have sent the entire world free flowers, except me. Liberty. Basically everyone who sends free stuff to people already massively fortunate. That pisses me off.

Reactions: 12
It’s gotten to the stage where there will be nowhere to buy from.

I’m done with sweaty Betty and that hurts me more than anything else.

Reactions: 2
From the top of my head:
- In the style
- Fashionnova
- Shein

All problematic and all disgraceful companies.
My SIL buys from Shein a lot and I think all the stuff looks really cheap and poorly made and it's not as low cost as it's made out to be.
I've seen nicer in Primark at a cheaper price, and at least you can try it on there (well, in normal times anyway)

Reactions: 5
I stopped buying from Spicentice and JD Seasonings, and returned to buying big bags from an Asian Supermarket local to work. It's cheaper, and their choices of partners were somewhat dubious (and couldn't cook). I bought chocolate from Sarah's whatever once, and it was pretty rank, so never again. I can melt my own milk chocolate, chuck some sweets in it, and try and charge four times the price.

Boux Avenue-Its gone really down market and has been for years now. They don't even use proper models just influencers :sick:
Revolve -over priced topshop

Benefit -id really struggled to buy from them now. They’ve gifted to some really dubious insta influencers 🙄
The nurse mum and susie Verill being the 2 that have really annoyed me

Benefit -id really struggled to buy from them now. They’ve gifted to some really dubious insta influencers 🙄
The nurse mum and susie Verill being the 2 that have really annoyed me
I used to love their 'Badgal Bang' mascara (horrible name though) but it's just too expensive. Recently I bought the Essence 'Lash Princess' one and it's every bit as good. Around £3/4 I think. The green one.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
I used to love their 'Badgal Bang' mascara (horrible name though) but it's just too expensive. Recently I bought the Essence 'Lash Princess' one and it's every bit as good. Around £3/4 I think. The green one.
ohh il ive that a chance. i absolutely loved benefit make up, especially their mascara.. Ive still got rollerlash, bad girl bang and their real but when i run out i certainly wont be buying them again. Its such a shame as i used to spend hundreds of pounds regularly on benefit make up but i wont give them a penny any more.

Lush
Farfetch

What sickens me about influencers is that we're essentially subsidising their freebies- like the hairdressers that give out freebie appointments to influencers and then charge their customers inflated prices.
This is why I will never visit London Grace nail bar.

Reactions: 3
Princess planning, I actually nearly bought from her years ago when she first started up as she gave me a follow back, liked all my grid photos, wrote a couple of nice comments on some of them and at the time the planners would have been helpful but she then swiftly unfollowed me and broke my heart 🤣 only joking, but her doing that did open my eyes very quickly to how these accounts grow their followers and sales. Watched her get pally with some big SW accounts, all fake and for business purposes. Fair play to her, she's not done bad for herself. Glad I pissed around though, not being able to choose which planner I wanted to buy, noticed she had unfollowed before lining her pockets.

Swan 🦢 have seen them gift lots of kitchen gadgets and discount codes to a few grabby accounts over lockdown, which has resulted in items being sold out so it definitely works in their favour to gift these accounts.

• Heart
The white company. gone down in quality and now seems mass produced. Candles are now just over priced tit

mint velvet has lost its way. Quality is just not there any longer

Boohoo and karen millen isn’t a match made in heaven

swan has lost its way

lakeland no longer seems special

The white company. gone down in quality and now seems mass produced. Candles are now just over priced tit

mint velvet has lost its way. Quality is just not there any longer

Boohoo and karen millen isn’t a match made in heaven

swan has lost its way

lakeland no longer seems special
I had an incident in a Lakeland store and they were awful, they offered me a £40 instore only voucher as compensation and I really felt like saying what about the £££ they throw at instagrammers? I could have taken further action but I just wanted to drop it and I told them the voucher was an insult and to keep it.

Lots of instagrammers are advertising period knickers, it's hard to know which brand is ok to buy from now.

I cancelled my glossy box subscription purely based on them gifting beggyhomesweethome, she knows duck all about make up and does tit DIY so no idea why they would consider the old hag as a good advertisement?

• Heart
Elemis
Penhaligons after they started working with Lorna Luxe

This might be controversial but I have a real problem with brands giving discounts/special deals to key workers. I appreciate keyworkers worked all the way through the pandemic and most work very hard but so did lots of other people. They’re also the ones that didn’t lose any of their salaries and are least likely to have lost their jobs or be at risk of losing their jobs in the next 6 months when mass redundancies are predicted. At the same time there are so many families struggling because of redundancies or because they’re self-employed or run their own business that hasn’t been allowed to operate. I don’t see any discounts for them being offered.

Reactions: 15
Elemis
Penhaligons after they started working with Lorna Luxe

This might be controversial but I have a real problem with brands giving discounts/special deals to key workers. I appreciate keyworkers worked all the way through the pandemic and most work very hard but so did lots of other people. They’re also the ones that didn’t lose any of their salaries and are least likely to have lost their jobs or be at risk of losing their jobs in the next 6 months when mass redundancies are predicted. At the same time there are so many families struggling because of redundancies or because they’re self-employed or run their own business that hasn’t been allowed to operate. I don’t see any discounts for them being offered.
Totally agree. Only have to search nhs discount on Twitter to see the absolute entitlement of some e.g. a doctor “absolutely disgusted” about not getting 10% discount in B&M, their staff only get that, have had to work throughout and they’re on minimum wage. Others also fuming ASOS have stopped their 20% discount. I don’t mind essentials but people kicking off they’re not getting discounts on junk food and clothes 🥱

• Wow
Reactions: 10
This thread is a huge eye opener, I don't really follow, or even that aware of a lot of Influencers. I had no idea how many big companies gift stuff 😡

Reactions: 3