Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

emmer_moans

VIP Member
Let's add Boohoo to the list. Used to buy the occasional item, but am now horrified buy their treatment of staff.

Reactions: 9

Theworldhasgonemad

Chatty Member
Love this thread 😄
My1styears - gifted an obscene & unnecessary amount of stuff to one family I follow
Flash
Shark
Tommee tippee
(anything hinch related really)

For me,during this whole pandemic with people out of work,losing jobs and generally just worried to death about what was gonna happen,the whole gift/ad thing has really disgusted me.There's a home influencer with 40000 followers who's been gifted a bed,chest of drawers,bench and various other home accessories from the Cotswold Co. which she flaunts daily.Bloom and wild flowers,NOTHS wall mural worth 250 pounds,Juniqe wall art,Kitchen aid mixer,tiles,rugs various other bits of shit.Shes now been asking people's recommendations on a Hoover and selling her sofa so no doubt that's 2 more incoming.It all just feels such bad taste,she even did a video telling people she would continue to do the ads and gifteds during the pandemic so she was "supporting small businesses"!I hate that it's all as if it's for someone else and all the thousands of pounds worth of free stuff is just a happy coincidence!

Custardcream13

i actually like L’Oréal. It’s got a good price and it was great when I first started in makeup as my parents wanted me to begin with something that was ethical and didn’t have many chemicals in it.
They still condone animal testing so I’ll never buy from them unfortunately 🥺

• Sad

Emmajay

Prettylittlething, their clothes are tacky and shit quality. Every influencer on the gram is sponsored by them

YoungHollywood

VIP Member
Scamp and Dude
Marks and Spencer. I was a massive M&S food lover so this one is really disappointing.
Next/Very/Argos

When will brands learn, most people do not want to see their stuff being given out for free to people who make money selling anything that comes their way! Really cheapens the brand, not to mention the moral aspect of it. 99% of these floggers use the item or whatever once for the thank you freebie post or the campaign and it’s never ever ever seen again

watermelon sugar

VIP Member
Oh and Jus Rol cos they gifted Hinch and Stacey Solomon all that ridiculous amount of pastry products when people are starving through a pandemic

I just dont understand gifting food when people are going hungry to influenfers that dont need it?

Aunt Bessie's too, they gifted Molly Mae a load of their products through all this as well 🙄

Pinkii

VIP Member
I was just coming here to post about Hello fresh. Anyone with a few thousand followers does an ad for hello fresh

it will be a no from me Hello fresh, they obviously have a lot of money behind them if they can afford to send free food to everyone.

would respect them more if they sent it to people who really needed it

KerChing

Chatty Member
Nip and fab
Sweaty betty
Ashiana
Nivea
Johnson's
Jo Malone
D Wellington (although I've never bought from them I never would even enter a shop now)
Tesco clothing
regatta coats - so many gifted but never worn

These are just a few.
I love Tesco clothing! Well, I did. I bought 2 gorgeous dresses in there this time-ish last year. Couple days later I saw influencers wearing them for free!! When is spent £45 of my hard earned cash. I was so pissed off! I don’t often buy new clothes for myself so it was a real treat. They’re still in my wardrobe with the tags on - I didn’t feel the same about them after.

• Sad

Rainbow1

VIP Member
Iconic

Never bought from them but they seem to gift every single influencer! I’m sure it’s only a matter of time before they get in touch with me with my 168 followers 😁

• Haha

Basicbasic

VIP Member
Anything promoted by Fashionablepan pan & the lockdown baby shower brigade ... lifewithivycoco pascalebanks etc .
Sweaty Betty / Next / River Island / Oasis are some of the worst offenders
Yes all these companies I used to buy from. Not any more! Once a company gifts to rich instabums they're automatically off my list: benefit, pixie, regatta, sweaty betty, help fresh, next, f&f, Tesco..... gifting free shopping trips to rich bitches when families are starving is disgusting. They're all missing a trick, if regatta gifted coats to the homeless I'd rush out to support them and shop with them.

Regatta have gifted at least 10 coats to each single influencer over the last few months. They're never worn after the ads. Same with all the companies above. Waste of time and resources.

Reactions: 8
I cancelled my glossy box subscription purely based on them gifting beggyhomesweethome, she knows fuck all about make up and does shit DIY so no idea why they would consider the old hag as a good advertisement?

• Heart

Lord Voldemort

Function of beauty, any of those hair/skin/whatever gummies, Hello Fresh, Lounge Underwear.

I really don't like when 'influencers' get gifted amazing experiences and holidays e.g Disney - I would much rather see those opportunities gifted to people who had done something to deserve it.

Sh1tRollsDownHill

VIP Member
Princess planning, I actually nearly bought from her years ago when she first started up as she gave me a follow back, liked all my grid photos, wrote a couple of nice comments on some of them and at the time the planners would have been helpful but she then swiftly unfollowed me and broke my heart 🤣 only joking, but her doing that did open my eyes very quickly to how these accounts grow their followers and sales. Watched her get pally with some big SW accounts, all fake and for business purposes. Fair play to her, she's not done bad for herself. Glad I pissed around though, not being able to choose which planner I wanted to buy, noticed she had unfollowed before lining her pockets.

Swan 🦢 have seen them gift lots of kitchen gadgets and discount codes to a few grabby accounts over lockdown, which has resulted in items being sold out so it definitely works in their favour to gift these accounts.

• Heart

Red1234

Scamp & Dude !!!
Scamp & dude massive one for me. I have two of their jumpers, they cost 50 quid each ffs! Yet they give them away to every god damn influencer I see. Will not spend anymore money with them. And they don't give them just one, didn't they give PTWM whole family one!! Disgusting!!

• Wow

PreciousVenus

Gymshark for sure. So many fitness youtubers that I liked just turned into Gymshark salespeople and I'm sick of it. Noone needs that much activewear.