I will never buy from.. (fill in the blank) because they gift so much to social media influencers.

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Just make sure that you message these companies and let them know how you feel about them gifting items.

Nothing will change unless we keep on
I remember Samsung giving In The Frow a huge TV right in the middle of Covid. Her TV unboxing video showed her squealing with delight. There and then I decided never to buy another Samsung phone, I'm switching to Apple when I need to upgrade next

Reactions: 6
That's why they don't tell you where the item is from so you HAVE to click the link to find out.

It’s so bloody cheeky! I know it’s their ‘job’ but I really wish influencers weren’t a thing! The amount of stuff they get is ludicrous and quite frankly just unnecessary. Loads of them aren’t even greatful and try to sell the stuff to make even more money! And don’t even start me on the undeclared ads!! 😡😡

duck lining their greedy over inflated pockets!!! 😡

Reactions: 12
What sickens me about influencers is that we're essentially subsidising their freebies- like the hairdressers that give out freebie appointments to influencers and then charge their customers inflated prices.

Reactions: 15
Glossybox replied to me today.

Influencers are sent the box to promote them.

We (read mugs) choose to subscribe to them ...........
True though. We aren't paying for Instagram. WE are the product. Rather than be upset with brands (they're job is to sell) be upset with influencers. Or unfollow them. I only follow people who don't use their platform to sell to me. Sali Hughes lied to me. I now know she's dishonest and no longer follow her.

I follow a lot of people with curly hair who get gifted a lot of products, I now won’t buy them.

Curl Smith
Noughty
Innersense
Boucleme
Treluxe
Pretty curly girl

All expensive and not going to get any cheaper with free products being distributed

Reactions: 2
HelloFresh

Just cancelled my subscription with them and sent them a wordy email. I'm disgusted they're working with rvk_loves whose posted a story #ad today about the box she received. She has 2 allotments at her disposal and is constantly posting about her gluts of veg and not knowing what to do with it all... beneath her to donate anything.

Reactions: 16
Agree with so many of these. I bought a load of Espa recently and seen some trampy b&m cleaning product addict being gifted loads on insta and was like wtf?!

I’m also actively boycotting any local eateries that “gift” food. I don’t need to see some beggy woman eating your free burgers, just a good pic of them will do! Same goes for hairdressers etc.

To any sheep marketing assistants who no doubt will stumble upon this thread, gifting insta pros is a sure fire way to piss off your PAYING customers off. Know which side your bread is buttered.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Exactly ⬆ Real paying customers have brand loyalty. These instagrabbers will simply duck you over for the next freebie.

Reactions: 9
To any sheep marketing assistants who no doubt will stumble upon this thread, gifting insta pros is a sure fire way to piss off your PAYING customers off. Know which side your bread is buttered.
🙌🏻 Exactly!

Nooo, you dont want to buy one of those they are massively overpriced for whats basically a £3.00 watch. Asos do a copy for £15.00 or something very cheap.
I stupidly bought one before I saw the light... and found Tattle 😂 live and learn

Reactions: 3
I follow a lot of people with curly hair who get gifted a lot of products, I now won’t buy them.

Curl Smith
Noughty
Innersense
Boucleme
Treluxe
Pretty curly girl

All expensive and not going to get any cheaper with free products being distributed
I’m new to the curly world & have noticed this (although have also secretly thought about setting up my own curly insta account 🤣 ). I use Aveda (please don’t tell me they gift to influenzas!).

Reactions: 1
Shark hoovers, I don't care how good they are, I just can't bring myself to consider one now!

Shark hoovers, I don't care how good they are, I just can't bring myself to consider one now!
I have a shark cordless and it’s a pile of wank compared with my Henry. I only use it on my laminate in the lounge as it bends to go under the sofa. I can’t understand how all these influencers “love” them, they’re so not worth the money! Then again I’m not being paid to sell it am I 😂

Long live Henry 😃

Reactions: 5
I have a shark cordless and it’s a pile of wank compared with my Henry. I only use it on my laminate in the lounge as it bends to go under the sofa. I can’t understand how all these influencers “love” them, they’re so not worth the money! Then again I’m not being paid to sell it am I 😂

Long live Henry 😃
Haha good to know they’re tit too! I have a Hetty aka pink Henry so I will be sticking with her!

Too many to mention, but as soon as they kindly gift something, I’m completely turned off.

Has anyone bought/subscribed to the Fabletics leggings site? £24.00 for 2 pairs is o.k and they look nice but you have to sign up and are encouraged to purchase 2 pairs per month. If you don't cancel by the 5th of the month they take £50.00 or something off you towards your next ones. This would put me right off. 24 pairs of leggings a year is a lot I think.Unless your at the gym all the time, like twice a day.