Hunters & Heels #7 Rented cottage & gurns galore. Sickly recipes & poses by the door.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
They are all flogging vitamins like the are a panacea to all our ills.
I’m considering going to the doctors because I can literally feel myself being cloaked by a dread as each morning dawns (or doesn’t dawn) and it’s dark when my alarm goes at 6am!
Aw you poor thing, I hope I’m not sounding condescending but I really wish you all the best! Definitely go to your doctor! Xx

You must! The feeling of dread is horrendous. I feel like someone is pushing into the centre of my chest some days. Yet today the sunshine makes me feel alive! 🤪
Sending you big hugs too! Xx

• Heart
Reactions: 5
There is an influencer out there who is advertising vitamins to aid fertility. She has pinned it to her profile. It is absolutely outrageous imo.

I really hope people use their common sense and turn to their doctor rather then ‘friendly’ influencers who is so ‘caring’ about us all and just wants to share their discount code because they want everyone to have the benefit of the product they are currently flogging. Oh how kind!
Yes you can read our thoughts about it on the Feathering the Empty Nest thread

Reactions: 6
We are all different though as I agree with twee Lauren on this one. I feel like I come to life in autumn. I love finishing work and it's dark, getting up in the dark. Hayfever fucks off as do flies and wasps. Can sleep in a proper cold room. Halloween! I'm just spooky and weird.

Reactions: 12
We are all different though as I agree with twee Lauren on this one. I feel like I come to life in autumn. I love finishing work and it's dark, getting up in the dark. Hayfever fucks off as do flies and wasps. Can sleep in a proper cold room. Halloween! I'm just spooky and weird.
Yeah but Lauren will then say that Winter is her favourite, spring is her favourite and so is summer. It’s just content and selling to her, I doubt she really feels these things.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
ahhhh Lauren Lauren Lauren 🤦‍♀️ she doesn’t mean any harm I know and I’m sure if she wanted to she could do all these things happily in private but the fact is she’s doesn’t, she’s doing it entirely for attention and money. And THATS the issue. bleep.
I think she does actually mean harm. She knows exactly what she’s doing. Nothing good comes from most of these influencers, it’s all just abhorrent.

Reactions: 15
I think she does actually mean harm. She knows exactly what she’s doing. Nothing good comes from most of these influencers, it’s all just abhorrent.
Interesting! How so? Asking because maybe I’m being naive and can’t see the bigger picture. Obviously her kids are being effected but do you think there’s something even more malevolent at hand?

Reactions: 1
I think part of this sort of influencers appeal is that they are aspirational on an unobtainable scale. People are desperate to live the life these people live, and this is what sells. Lauren knows this, and capitalises on it by only showing what she wants to show. She hides the less polished aspects of her life because it tarnishes her brand. This then causes people to feel envious, and then negative about their own lives. Her brand is build on drumming up envy from others and this is pretty gross when you think about it.

• Angry
  • Heart
Reactions: 25
I think part of this sort of influencers appeal is that they are aspirational on an unobtainable scale. People are desperate to live the life these people live, and this is what sells. Lauren knows this, and capitalises on it by only showing what she wants to show. She hides the less polished aspects of her life because it tarnishes her brand. This then causes people to feel envious, and then negative about their own lives. Her brand is build on drumming up envy from others and this is pretty gross when you think about it.
that’s so beautifully put. I can relate to a lot of this as I’ve been affected. Felt like I was the only one struggling when actually I just had a normal life. Everything she does is truly unobtainable. And fake.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Interesting! How so? Asking because maybe I’m being naive and can’t see the bigger picture. Obviously her kids are being effected but do you think there’s something even more malevolent at hand?
Pushing relentless consumerism under the guise of being your pal. People get into debt trying to keep their lives to the influencers’ unobtainable & unrealistic standards. I was fully duped by her a few years ago until I noticed she had a strict grid layout for content. My eyes were opened. She is a highly manipulative saleswoman. It’s not a “highlights reel” it’s aspirational perfectionism & for the wrong person it could lead to bad mental health thinking they are not good enough, not taking their mum to London (gifted) not taking their kids out enough (gifted) or their house doesn’t have the latest decor or enough pumpkins etc etc I know most of the gifts are declared but it’s so discreet & insidious I think some of the followers don’t realise. If you can watch her & see her clearly for what she is then no problem but a lot are sucked in to the fake life.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
Exactly! Had the same conversation with my husband today. I saw that GSDIH's is flogging a Hotel get away all curtesy of clothing by Jules and 'Another Place' Hotel in the Lakes. She wouldn't normally travel from the South up north to the Lake District if it wasn't a freebie. Also telling people what ti wear in tge Great Outdoors. What a F******* load of tosh. She doesn't go hiking in the hills and Jukes clothing certainly isn't proper hiking gear !

Same with our Lauren, it's all just a Fairy take of make believe! Not Real everyday life. 😡

Exactly! Had the same conversation with my husband today. I saw that GSDIH's is flogging a Hotel get away all curtesy of clothing by Jules and 'Another Place' Hotel in the Lakes. She wouldn't normally travel from the South up north to the Lake District if it wasn't a freebie. Also telling people what ti wear in tge Great Outdoors. What a F******* load of tosh. She doesn't go hiking in the hills and Jukes clothing certainly isn't proper hiking gear !

Same with our Lauren, it's all just a Fairy take of make believe! Not Real everyday life. 😡
Sorry about all the typos !

Last edited:
Reactions: 9
Pushing relentless consumerism under the guise of being your pal. People get into debt trying to keep their lives to the influencers’ unobtainable & unrealistic standards. I was fully duped by her a few years ago until I noticed she had a strict grid layout for content. My eyes were opened. She is a highly manipulative saleswoman. It’s not a “highlights reel” it’s aspirational perfectionism & for the wrong person it could lead to bad mental health thinking they are not good enough, not taking their mum to London (gifted) not taking their kids out enough (gifted) or their house doesn’t have the latest decor or enough pumpkins etc etc I know most of the gifts are declared but it’s so discreet & insidious I think some of the followers don’t realise. If you can watch her & see her clearly for what she is then no problem but a lot are sucked in to the fake life.
This is exactly the reason that I come to tattle. Thank you for voicing exactly what it is that makes me mad about all these so called influencers.
They try to come across as your friends, using phrases such as ‘hello my lovelies’ ‘I love you lot’ etc etc
And then they sell to you, and many are made to feel important because ‘dear Lauren’ is saying this product is amazing and she wouldn’t lie to me as we are like friends …
In reality they don’t give a tit about anyone but themselves and their bank balances.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
God I feel so stupid! I have been so busy recently that I completely forgot to switch over to my Autumnal fragrance today! Like what must people actually think of me?! Must invest in her planner and then I can plot in important things such as this for the future!
Ahh hun. Could you get yourself booked in at the GP? Maybe try the Wild Nutrition supplements, get yourself back on track?
Sending lots of love ❤ x

• Haha
Reactions: 8
New White Company advert (sorry Lauren, Press gift!!!). This is why I no longer buy from The White Company, Bobbi Brown. If I lived near her I wouldn’t go to any of her advert restaurants either. The marketing teams need to work out how many customers they lose with their gifting or am I the only one who feels like this?

Reactions: 17
Does anyone sit like this? Im mot sure I ever have!
No she looks bloody ridiculous! Her mum should intervene, but maybe she’s a narcissist like her daughter - who knows? Probably took 100 takes to get that one photo, and then off she trots back home to pull on her comfy gifted cashmere and work on more adverts

Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.