Hunters & Heels #7 Rented cottage & gurns galore. Sickly recipes & poses by the door.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Thread No. 7 for our Lauren!

Carry on here. šŸ‘‡šŸ¼

So Spring has sprung and Lauren is raring to go, posting sickly quotes and sending Easter Bunny letters to the boys, including teenager Archie! Declaring he smells like fluffy socks and lemonade. The poor boy must be ridiculed at school because of her ridiculousness.

And she is of course an expert gardener now too. šŸŒø

Buckle up, Iā€™m sure Lauren has plenty of #gifted stays booked for this year already. Weā€™re in for a treat.

Reactions: 9
Yay for new thread! Just for my records, is anything about yesterday's Easter performance normal? I have a dysfunctional family and no money so basically most things Lauren does make me go šŸ¤·šŸ»ā€ā™€ļø but honestly, is there anyone out there who does all this:

- decorates twigs in a vase with fake eggs
- orders pretend letters from the Easter bunny...and then styles them in a fancy trug with flowers and chunks of half eaten carrot
- faffs endlessly with the Easter tablescape while hubby slaves in the kitchen (both ignoring the kids, presumably)
- dyes eggs with beetroot
- passes off a popular National Trust hot cross bun recipe as their own, complete with wanky reel
- films and photographs everything and then edits, posts and replies to comments the very same day

Did anyone have beans on toast and go for a walk round the block instead? #blessed

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 28
Yay for new thread! Just for my records, is anything about yesterday's Easter performance normal? I have a dysfunctional family and no money so basically most things Lauren does make me go šŸ¤·šŸ»ā€ā™€ļø but honestly, is there anyone out there who does all this:

- orders pretend letters from the Easter bunny...and then styles them in a fancy trug with flowers and chunks of half eaten carrot
- faffs endlessly with the Easter tablescape while hubby slaves in the kitchen (both ignoring the kids, presumably)
- passes off a popular National Trust hot cross bun recipe as their own, complete with wanky reel
- films and photographs everything and then edits, posts and replies to comments the very same day

Did anyone have beans on toast and go for a walk round the block instead? #blessed
So funny šŸ˜†
Itā€™s so sad that her Easter seems to be all about consumerism & trying to out-do everyone else to prove hers is the best. Is any of it genuinely for her boys if, like you say, itā€™s all filmed & carefully edited for the gram?
My daughter absolutely LOVES Easter, she prefers it to Christmas, every year we have clues leading my children to their eggs, we visit family, go for a lovely walk and have lunch out, Itā€™s something weā€™ve done for years, youā€™d swear the likes of Lauren, invented Easter the way they carry on šŸ™„ itā€™s all an endless competition with them

Totally this & she loves plagiarising other peopleā€™s ideas and passing them off as her own: the whimsy ā€œEaster thingsā€ word vomit post is a rip off of The Leopard for a start. My kids had a shop bought Easter egg and an egg hunt, roast dinner with family. The end. I do have twigs of pussy willow with some eggs Iā€™ve collected over the years but thatā€™s it. None of it documented, none of it performative, none of it uploaded. She is the absolute worst. I feel thereā€™s something really empty inside her that makes her over perform in her life. She needs a therapist really. The showing off and trying to be a perfectionist must be a symptom of something else deep rooted. Trying to show the world her life is utterly perfect (when it naturally wonā€™t be)? Why? Apart from generating income, whatā€™s it all for?

• Heart
Reactions: 13

Weā€™re just back from a very non-Lauren (common) all inclusive in Tenerife so grabbed the last 2 random eggs from the co-op , threw them at the kids , did the holiday washing ,ate curry and drank gin. It wasnā€™t full of Easter magic round our house tbh šŸ˜‚

• Haha
Weā€™re just back from a very non-Lauren (common) all inclusive in Tenerife so grabbed the last 2 random eggs from the co-op , threw them at the kids , did the holiday washing ,ate curry and drank gin. It wasnā€™t full of Easter magic round our house tbh šŸ˜‚

That sounds an AWFUL lot more fun than Laurenā€™s bore fest. And Iā€™m sure I know what her boys would preferā€¦

• Haha
The thing is she isn't posh but she is trying so hard! Goodness knows why she thinks it matters but youā€™ve got to give her points for effort. Daylesford and gardening does not a lady of the manor make! šŸ˜†

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Gosh all those comments, likes and tagging Herefordshire house builders Oakwrights and Border Oak and it looks like Lydia Millen will beat her to a ā€˜giftedā€™ house šŸ˜Š! As Lydia, when asked by a follower if she would ever build her own house, replied yes but it could only be Border Oak and she tagged them - they were stupid enough to be flattered and shared her story which tagged them! Who do you think will be the first influencer to get a house and tag it ā€˜PR giftā€™ šŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ¤£

Reactions: 4
I actually donā€™t know where to begin, to middle or to end following her posts this weekend. Iā€™ve said to my husband at least 3 times this weekend - we donā€™t have lamb, chocolate eggs, my Easter twigs and felt eggs are still in the loft, no champagne or floaty dresses and Iā€™m sorry! He was like ā€œitā€™s Easter - itā€™s the weekend for DIY isnā€™t it?ā€ We spent the weekend on our own, gardening and didnā€™t eat in the garden the afternoon so no Peter Rabbit tins, bunny ears napkins or willow placemats. Iā€™m on a diet so no chocolate either!
I wanted to shout loudly at her ā€œjust duck offā€ It was too much. Weā€™re not on a budget either. I can afford to buy what she gets gifted so it isnā€™t jealousy. And at 40+ I donā€™t look like the 50 she looks and my 50+ husband looks much better than the tired, bloated opera singer (looking at you all for not voting for my thread title šŸ‘€ šŸ˜‚)

Iā€™m going to unfollow for my mental health. Iā€™m also going to unfollow every try hard, gifted, Reels pushing and / or vomit and rage inducing accounts. (Rvkloves, GSDIH, Lauren, Comedowntothewoods, cobblestone and wells, All Thatā€™s Pretty) So as that makes for my entire Feed, any ideas for mood and spirit lifting accounts to lift my mental health?

• Heart
Reactions: 24
I actually donā€™t know where to begin, to middle or to end following her posts this weekend. Iā€™ve said to my husband at least 3 times this weekend - we donā€™t have lamb, chocolate eggs, my Easter twigs and felt eggs are still in the loft, no champagne or floaty dresses and Iā€™m sorry! He was like ā€œitā€™s Easter - itā€™s the weekend for DIY isnā€™t it?ā€ We spent the weekend on our own, gardening and didnā€™t eat in the garden the afternoon so no Peter Rabbit tins, bunny ears napkins or willow placemats. Iā€™m on a diet so no chocolate either!
I wanted to shout loudly at her ā€œjust duck offā€ It was too much. Weā€™re not on a budget either. I can afford to buy what she gets gifted so it isnā€™t jealousy. And at 40+ I donā€™t look like the 50 she looks and my 50+ husband looks much better than the tired, bloated opera singer (looking at you all for not voting for my thread title šŸ‘€ šŸ˜‚)

Iā€™m going to unfollow for my mental health. Iā€™m also going to unfollow every try hard, gifted, Reels pushing and / or vomit and rage inducing accounts. (Rvkloves, GSDIH, Lauren, Comedowntothewoods, cobblestone and wells, All Thatā€™s Pretty) So as that makes for my entire Feed, any ideas for mood and spirit lifting accounts to lift my mental health?
i unfollowed them all and feel much better for it

Reactions: 11
No one should be made to feel like tit through social media. So please please unfollow these accounts. You can always dip back in to view what weā€™re chatting about on tattle without giving them the satisfaction of the follower number

Reactions: 14

This weekend has made me feel exactly the same. There is such an overwhelming toxic positivity around these family influencers. Iā€™m taking a step away from watching too, hopefully will feel better for it ā™„ā™„

Reactions: 8
I don't follow her , I just have a look when people comment on here .

Although, I originally did as I was quite into ' country cottage ' type stuff when I was house hunting and there was a cottage I was interested in .

Reactions: 7
Definitely unfollow! It doesnā€™t mean you canā€™t see what theyā€™re up to (if you want to), but at least it doesnā€™t give them the numbers in their follower count. I unfollowed a few, and was blocked by some after I commented on that whole Motherā€™s Day Joules influenzer outing a couple of years back. I think I commented on RVK but was summarily blocked by Our Laur and Just a Little Bore because they clearly share some sort of ā€˜watch out for the nasty, jealous little peopleā€™ list

• Heart
Reactions: 10

I've unfollowed this lot recently too, feel much better for it. I LOVE a twig tree with eggs but I do it for us, not for show.

Definitely unfollow! It doesnā€™t mean you canā€™t see what theyā€™re up to (if you want to), but at least it doesnā€™t give them the numbers in their follower count. I unfollowed a few, and was blocked by some after I commented on that whole Motherā€™s Day Joules influenzer outing a couple of years back. I think I commented on RVK but was summarily blocked by Our Laur and Just a Little Bore because they clearly share some sort of ā€˜watch out for the nasty, jealous little peopleā€™ list
I don't see the point in following someone with a public profile

Why does she constantly talk as though she is Archie's mother? He has a Mother, you stole her husband remember

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Sheā€™s decanted the fruit salad, for a photo, for the gram. It came in a perfectly good container. As Did the croissants.

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.