Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

LT31514

Holiday romance, we met in Tunisia, I’m British, he’s Belgian. Spent two years flying back and forward every other fortnight (£10 Ryanair tickets) and then I made the move over to Belgium, he proposed within a month of me moving and I’ve been here now 7 years. So many people were critical but we proved everyone wrong and now are so happy. Married 6 years

• Heart
Reactions: 43

Strawberry-pot

Chatty Member
I feel like this is an interesting topic and I love hearing everyone’s love stories🙊

mine was in a nightclub... I then gave him a wrong number my mistake.. Although I was gutted he didn’t call. my friend saw him out a few weeks later and asked and he showed her messages, realised i gave the wrong number. We then got chatting and he went away for work but remained chatting..met up when he got back from his tour of Afghan... now happily married 🥰

• Heart
Reactions: 39

ChloChlo

VIP Member
I met mine at rehab 🤣

We were both ex addicts and went to the meetings and such. We fell in love. We had a child. ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 38

Justhereforacreep

Tinder... he was my Tinderella🤣
All his photos were of group photos so I didn’t really know which one he was so when I met him for our first date (Slug and Lettuce) I said I’ll have a glass of rose wine please, he text where he was sat and when I seen him I thought oh that must be him🤣
His selling point on Tinder was I mentioned the building I was working in and that Id just got the job and was due to start and he gave me some traffic tips as it’s on a really busy road in Birmingham🤣 thought it was cute and even though I didn’t drive and got the bus he seemed thoughtful.
Been together four years and living together for three of them. Got a cute mini dachshund and his 11 year old son from a previous relationship who lives with us. Happy as anything. 🥰

• Heart
Reactions: 37

Silbee

VIP Member
It's a very long story but basically I first saw him when he was ten and I was seven. I liked him so much. I spent the next eighteen years watching him from afar. When I finally came within his sights he asked me out and seven weeks later he asked me to marry him.

Six months after that we were married for a very happy twenty-nine years until leukemia challenged him to a dual that he inevitably lost even though he battled it out for eight and half years...

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 32

Diva18

I met my husband on holiday. I was really off men at the time. I wasn't looking for love. Just wanted a nice girlie holiday. When we got home we started seeing each other. We got married a year later. We've been together for 22 years :love: I knew we wold get married the moment we spoke 😲

• Heart
Reactions: 26

caitlinbullen

VIP Member
I was his Bank Manager and he came in for a loan. We met by chance a few weeks later and he asked me out on a date. I was like “ Well yeah, but nowhere fancy because we both know you can’t afford it.” That’s romance right there kids 😜

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 26

Platypusfattypus

VIP Member
Mines probably not going to be a popular one but we met though friends, he was in a relationship, we got ona bit too well, he left her and got with me. I felt bad but I adored him, and we've been together years and year and have three kids and still adore each other. Plus I'm good friends with his ex, and we meet up for lunch occasionally.

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 24

Titntat

VIP Member
School. He used to buy me fags because he could get served at the shop 😂 Neither of us smoke any more, just did it to be cool at school 🙄

15 years later.... a car, 2 kids, 3 house moves and 20 cars later (hes obesessed) oh and not married, we purchased our forever home and a new car instead 😂....

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 23

LittleMy

VIP Member
Online dating site 6 years ago. Mutually stalked each other’s profiles a couple of times and he was first to message. We met up a few times, became official a couple weeks later. He moved in with me after 6 months, we got engaged, had two sons and eventually got married last year.

• Heart
Reactions: 21

Norfolking Good

VIP Member
I met my now husband on Match.com. He sent me a message full of weird historical facts (I was a history teacher at the time). Turned out he was also a teacher too.
we've been together over 5years and married 1.

• Heart
Reactions: 20

Heyguysswipeup

VIP Member
I really think fate brought my husband and I together..
We knew each other through friends years before hand but one night I saw him at our local bar and was chatting (our friends were there too all chatting) and I thought to myself ‘he looks kinda nice!’.. he left the bar and got a taxi home then 30 mins later I got a taxi home... I looked over on the seat in the taxi and there was a wallet there (no joke!), so I opened it and it was his!!! I called him and said I have your wallet and he met me to get it back and then the rest is history!

Edit- I was 19, been together for 6 years and married for 3 :)

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 20

MissRabbit

My mum and his mum, who are best friends, set us up on a blind date :ROFLMAO: both of us were in a really bad place at the time. He split up from his first wife, lost everything and moved back in with his parents. I lost my boyfriend to leukaemia just under two years before and was only just beginning to accept things. I initially protested with my mum and I wasn't sure if I was ready, but half heartedly went along with it. The date started out with us drowning our sorrows and lamenting over our lost loves. Then we discovered we had more in common than just that, and it ended up being the most memorable, romantic date I ever had. Nine years on, now married with a two year old. My mum and now mother in law's friendship has grown stronger than ever now they share a grandchild. And they are so smug when people ask how my husband and I met.

• Heart
Reactions: 19

Viewfinder

33 years ago my mum met one of her work friends who had recently had a baby whilst out shopping. Her 3 year old son was hiding behind her, I grabbed his hand and made him talk to me 😂😂 We went to Secondary School together then I went to Uni and he got a job. The summer after I graduated we randomly banged into each other and that was it! We've been together ever since, 15 years as a couple, 10 years married and 3 children.

• Heart
Reactions: 17

Carmen 6

VIP Member
At a mutual friends wedding.
He arrived on a motorbike and scratched my car. I was furious as I'd had it a month. He kept telling me to 'Calm down ma'am' and I wrote him off as a loud mouthed Texan.
Turns out he was the best man, and we were sat together.
He sent me two dozen yellow roses the next day, and we've been married for eight years.
He's still a loud mouthed Texan....... 🤠💛

Reactions: 16

NapQueen

POF. I thought he looked hot but arrogant and probably loved himself. Shagged him anyway just for the kicks. Totally misjudged him & he moved 150 miles to be with me. 4 years later and happiest relationship I’ve ever been in.

• Heart
Reactions: 14