How did you meet your partner?

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I feel like this is an interesting topic and I love hearing everyone’s love stories🙊

mine was in a nightclub... I then gave him a wrong number my mistake.. Although I was gutted he didn’t call. my friend saw him out a few weeks later and asked and he showed her messages, realised i gave the wrong number. We then got chatting and he went away for work but remained chatting..met up when he got back from his tour of Afghan... now happily married 🥰

• Heart
Reactions: 39
Tinder... he was my Tinderella🤣
All his photos were of group photos so I didn’t really know which one he was so when I met him for our first date (Slug and Lettuce) I said I’ll have a glass of rose wine please, he text where he was sat and when I seen him I thought oh that must be him🤣
His selling point on Tinder was I mentioned the building I was working in and that Id just got the job and was due to start and he gave me some traffic tips as it’s on a really busy road in Birmingham🤣 thought it was cute and even though I didn’t drive and got the bus he seemed thoughtful.
Been together four years and living together for three of them. Got a cute mini dachshund and his 11 year old son from a previous relationship who lives with us. Happy as anything. 🥰

• Heart
Reactions: 37
Online dating site 6 years ago. Mutually stalked each other’s profiles a couple of times and he was first to message. We met up a few times, became official a couple weeks later. He moved in with me after 6 months, we got engaged, had two sons and eventually got married last year.

• Heart
Reactions: 21
School. He used to buy me fags because he could get served at the shop 😂 Neither of us smoke any more, just did it to be cool at school 🙄

15 years later.... a car, 2 kids, 3 house moves and 20 cars later (hes obesessed) oh and not married, we purchased our forever home and a new car instead 😂....

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 23
Mines probably not going to be a popular one but we met though friends, he was in a relationship, we got ona bit too well, he left her and got with me. I felt bad but I adored him, and we've been together years and year and have three kids and still adore each other. Plus I'm good friends with his ex, and we meet up for lunch occasionally.

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 24
Holiday romance, we met in Tunisia, I’m British, he’s Belgian. Spent two years flying back and forward every other fortnight (£10 Ryanair tickets) and then I made the move over to Belgium, he proposed within a month of me moving and I’ve been here now 7 years. So many people were critical but we proved everyone wrong and now are so happy. Married 6 years

• Heart
Reactions: 43
Holiday romance, we met in Tunisia, I’m British, he’s Belgian. Spent two years flying back and forward every other fortnight (£10 Ryanair tickets) and then I made the move over to Belgium, he proposed within a month of me moving and I’ve been here now 7 years. So many people were critical but we proved everyone wrong and now are so happy. Married 6 years
That’s amazing! I’m glad it worked out! How did you decide to move there? Do you miss family etc?

During a resuscitation. He’s a doctor and I’m a nurse.
Wow that’s amazing! How did that happen? Like did he just ask for your number!! 😂

Reactions: 4
I met my now husband on Match.com. He sent me a message full of weird historical facts (I was a history teacher at the time). Turned out he was also a teacher too.
we've been together over 5years and married 1.

• Heart
Reactions: 20
That’s amazing! I’m glad it worked out! How did you decide to move there? Do you miss family etc?

Wow that’s amazing! How did that happen? Like did he just ask for your number!! 😂

If I’m honest we decided who loved their job the most 😂 and he did. I hated my job in the U.K. and he has a great work life balance here. We both do actually now.
I definitely miss my family, the hardest times are when I come back here after a visit. I miss being able to pop to my grandparents house or bumping into an acquaintance in town. I don’t have that here. Or passing the time with shopkeepers when you’re paying. I’m from Yorkshire so I miss that cosy way of life. I’m ready for Boris to lift the quarantine so I can come home, do a massive Tesco shop and see my family 😂

Reactions: 3
I met my husband on holiday. I was really off men at the time. I wasn't looking for love. Just wanted a nice girlie holiday. When we got home we started seeing each other. We got married a year later. We've been together for 22 years :love: I knew we wold get married the moment we spoke 😲

• Heart
Reactions: 26
I met mine at rehab 🤣

We were both ex addicts and went to the meetings and such. We fell in love. We had a child. ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 38
at college where we were both studying animal management/care. 10 years on, we're now colleagues, have been working together for 7 years, so spend 24/7 together, which is all we've ever known really.. and works for us. We've been happily married for 3 years, living with just our furkids (cats) at the moment :)

• Heart
Reactions: 13
It's so nice to hear online dating sites do work. Have heard so many negatives in the past and rarely any positives until now.

I met my mine 17 years ago we both worked together and I thought he was 15 years older. Me being reluctant as felt the gap was too big as i was only 19 at the time, I was assured he was only 10 years older than me so we dated and have been married for 16 years and have 3 children.

Reactions: 12
Tinder, pretty standard these days. This was about 7 years ago so did raise a few eyebrows at the time because it was all quite a new... but now most people I know met their other halves on a dating app.

Also I didn’t actually mean to swipe right, couldn’t see his face properly in any photos and I never usually swiped people who just have a load of group pictures or ones where you can’t see them properly. Yet here we are :ROFLMAO: .

Reactions: 8
I really think fate brought my husband and I together..
We knew each other through friends years before hand but one night I saw him at our local bar and was chatting (our friends were there too all chatting) and I thought to myself ‘he looks kinda nice!’.. he left the bar and got a taxi home then 30 mins later I got a taxi home... I looked over on the seat in the taxi and there was a wallet there (no joke!), so I opened it and it was his!!! I called him and said I have your wallet and he met me to get it back and then the rest is history!

Edit- I was 19, been together for 6 years and married for 3 :)

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 20
I met my boyfriend on tinder nearly a year ago. I had given up on dating and kind of resigned myself to being on my own.
Luckily we matched though he wasnt in my search radius and I wasnt in his. So we must of crossed paths somewhere along the way!

Reactions: 9