How did you meet your partner?

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
A disco for people with additional learning needs. We were both support workers. Clocked him straight away. About 2-3 months of swooning and some pleasantries exchanged, I finally plucked up the courage to ask my friend to ask if he was single. 😂 The rest is history! 💙

• Heart
Reactions: 6
On a dance floor. He was with my friends boyfriend - he walked up and kissed me and I kissed him back. I’d like to say we were young beautiful 20-somethings but no, we were early 40s and I’m sure everyone around us thought it was totally grim 😂 It was instant infatuation and he is without doubt the love of my life.

• Haha
Reactions: 13
I met my husband in 1999 using a online chat called ICQ. We've been together ever since and married for almost 12 years.

Reactions: 3
I met my partner at a Holiday Inn where we both worked, him on the bar and me in the restaurant. I was 17 and he was 21, I instantly knew that we were made for each other, 8 years later and going strong. We aren’t engaged (not our style), we have decided to get married by eloping on our 10 year anniversary in 2022 😍

Reactions: 7
The people saying we're not engaged by plan to elope, is that not pretty much the same thing or am I being dense?!

The people saying we're not engaged by plan to elope, is that not pretty much the same thing or am I being dense?!
You could get engaged but still elope to actually get married instead of having a ‘normal’ wedding but you could equally not get engaged, decide to get married instead and plan a ‘normal’ wedding 😊

Reactions: 1
You could get engaged but still elope to actually get married instead of having a ‘normal’ wedding but you could equally not get engaged, decide to get married instead and plan a ‘normal’ wedding 😊
But your still planning and intending on marrying that person, be it in a convential wedding or an elopement, so to me it's the same thing?! Not being judgemental just wondered if I was missing something

Reactions: 4
But your still planning and intending on marrying that person, be it in a convential wedding or an elopement, so to me it's the same thing?! Not being judgemental just wondered if I was missing something
I guess the difference for me is I am not engaged as I have no engagement ring and I don’t refer to my partner as a fiancé etc.

• Heart
At work. We were partnered up together on delivery on New Year’s Eve ..we are both posties. And we hit it off immediately. We got texting a few weeks later 21st January we went on a date and then the rest is history. We now have a 15 month old 😍

Does it really matter? They’re happy doing what they’re doing. :)

• Heart
Reactions: 1
DatingDirect website 19 years ago. Me a divorcee of 30 without kids, him never married at 25. Married 2 years to the date we first met in person in a pub..now been married 17 years this year. He’s 10 x the man my lying, cheating ex-husband was and I bless the day I found him ❤

Last edited:
Reactions: 8
Hubby and I were penpals in the days of long ago when people wrote letters.Imagine ! No whatsapp,no zoom ...but letters were good till we met up in person and the rest is history:love:

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Lived in the same uni halls but actually met on the first night out...I fancied his friend first o_O
Lived together all of uni, got together in my final year. 18m of long distance, then got engaged 18m after that. Were meant to get married next Saturday but obvs that's not happening :oops: so next year it is!

I worked in a bar, saw him thought "mmm yum".
When I went to the side door for a break he followed me out and slapped my bum.
Boom.
It's been ten years, married seven, with two kids 😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 6
It's a very long story but basically I first saw him when he was ten and I was seven. I liked him so much. I spent the next eighteen years watching him from afar. When I finally came within his sights he asked me out and seven weeks later he asked me to marry him.

Six months after that we were married for a very happy twenty-nine years until leukemia challenged him to a dual that he inevitably lost even though he battled it out for eight and half years...

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 32
It's a very long story but basically I first saw him when he was ten and I was seven. I liked him so much. I spent the next eighteen years watching him from afar. When I finally came within his sights he asked me out and seven weeks later he asked me to marry him.

Six months after that we were married for a very happy twenty-nine years until leukemia challenged him to a dual that he inevitably lost even though he battled it out for eight and half years...
Sending love. I'm sorry to hear he passed. You have a beautiful story 💕

Reactions: 7
We were neighbours and I was his babysitter... He's 50 and I'm 27. He has 3 kids, we have none. Been together 8.5 years 🥰however we don't live together due to issues with his children 🤨