Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Mycuppatea

At school. He was a new boy who joined half way through a year and I saw him standing there in this long navy wool coat with a red and white keffiyeh on and it was Love at First Sight - we just had our 25th wedding anniversary so over all I think it worked.

• Heart
Reactions: 14

Tricham

Chatty Member
at college where we were both studying animal management/care. 10 years on, we're now colleagues, have been working together for 7 years, so spend 24/7 together, which is all we've ever known really.. and works for us. We've been happily married for 3 years, living with just our furkids (cats) at the moment :)

• Heart
Reactions: 13

Inforapenny

Chatty Member
Tinder.
We both come from the same country and originally from the same region but it took us living in the UK and area of England to meet.
Found out on our date he knew my sister and her friends growing up so we think it's fate.
We decided to marry by week two.
He proposed 7 months later. Fell in love with the ring. On day I looked at the ring verification and certificate and saw that the ring had been made on the 26th of September 2018, the day we went on our first date. Weird!

• Heart

Dizzy

VIP Member
On a dance floor. He was with my friends boyfriend - he walked up and kissed me and I kissed him back. I’d like to say we were young beautiful 20-somethings but no, we were early 40s and I’m sure everyone around us thought it was totally grim 😂 It was instant infatuation and he is without doubt the love of my life.

• Haha

caitlinbullen

VIP Member
I was his Bank Manager. He came in for a loan, and came out with a date (and the loan). SO unprofessional. Don’t know why I agreed cos I could see how overdrawn he was! 13 yrs and 3 kids later and now it’s a joint overdraft 🤪

I ‘think’ I’ve met mine. He’s 53 and I’m 29. We’ve been friends for 5 years. Adore the bones off him & he worships the ground I walk on, along with my wonderful little girl. I just don’t like the village gossips and it really holds me back. He openly admits how he feels, I’m terrified because I hate feeling judged.
Fuck em! You live your life.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart

LLJ

We went to school together. Didn’t get together at school though as I had a boyfriend but on my birthday I went for a family meal where current boyfriendworked as a waiter and another waiter randomly came over to me to tell me he saw my boyfriend having a meal with another girl the week before.
I confronted him and he admitted it straight away. We obviously broke up but my now boyfriend saw how upset I was at the restaurant and text me a few days later to see how I was and the rest is history! We’re engaged now x

Reactions: 12

JD-Morgan

I originally met my partner at school when I was 14 and he was 15.

We lived in different towns but went to the same high school, originally started talking on MSN.

We went out for a while then remained friends, I moved to Spain with my parents when I was 16 and he came over to visit a few times. I moved back home when I was 18 to be with him and 12 years later we’re engaged with a home and a fur baby 😊

Been engaged for 10 years but we prefer spending money on holidays and plan to elope in New York on our next visit.

• Heart

Uhhhhhmazing

I was 38 & had given up finding the one, however was still on tinder just in case! He was from Suffolk but was in Kent and stuck at the dartford crossing in traffic so was swiping. We matched! Not the type of guy I’d normally go for but we chatted for a couple of weeks then met for a coffee for 3 hours. Met again two weeks later for a second viewing! In my head it was to confirm he was nice but not for me. Had a lovely time, date 3 I was telling him how I was a bridesmaid down in cornwall for my best friend in a few weeks and going on my own, he said he would be my date..... I didn’t squirm and say errrmmmm no! He was working abroad before the wedding, he changed airports so he would be closer to cornwall to make the wedding. Knew then he was a gent! Was pregnant 9 months later. When our baby was 2 weeks old I moved to Suffolk to live. She’s now 2! He proposed in lockdown and we get married in a year!! Never give up hope!! X

• Heart

Lynseyp

VIP Member
It's so nice to hear online dating sites do work. Have heard so many negatives in the past and rarely any positives until now.

I met my mine 17 years ago we both worked together and I thought he was 15 years older. Me being reluctant as felt the gap was too big as i was only 19 at the time, I was assured he was only 10 years older than me so we dated and have been married for 16 years and have 3 children.

WilmaHun

VIP Member
We went to school together. He used to tease me and do anything he could to annoy me. I really didn't like him very much. He now says the teasing was because he wanted to get my attention and didn't know how.
When we left school and went to separate colleges I was quite relieved 😂 He kept messaging me on social media and I'd ignore it a lot of the time! I got on the bus one day after college and sat on an empty seat next to somebody. Didn't realise until I'd sat down it was him! We chatted on the 40 minute journey home, he got off at my stop with me even though I told him not to and we sort of just ended up together. 8 years together, own a house together and I'm so glad I ended up next to the boy I hated on the bus! 😂

• Heart

XXSJPXX

Royal Mail 💌 we were Christmas temps. We went for a drink one night a few days before Christmas and I ended going back to his. I was worried he wouldn’t want to see me again after sleeping together so soon but I was wrong haha we met up again on Christmas Eve. We have been together 5 years now and have a 2 year old daughter

EyeSpy88

VIP Member
I ‘think’ I’ve met mine. He’s 53 and I’m 29. We’ve been friends for 5 years. Adore the bones off him & he worships the ground I walk on, along with my wonderful little girl. I just don’t like the village gossips and it really holds me back. He openly admits how he feels, I’m terrified because I hate feeling judged.
I have a similar age gap but have been lucky no one has ever really made comment (that I’ve heard of anyway) if you can be happy then it doesn’t matter what anyone else thinks. What would hurt more? loosing someone you love, or some old gossips judging you? X

• Heart

~vix~83~

VIP Member
Msn chat room 17 years ago! He was in the midlands n I was in Essex.
That night had so many private chat requests which I rejected so he was lucky hahaha
Met up a few weeks later in Milton Keynes as was half way point. The rest is history. Been married 14 years, I moved up here.
We have a 7yr age gap, husband is disabled and has been before we met, didn’t phrase me at all.

Bumblebee

Chatty Member
Another holiday romance here. Met on my first and last girls holiday.
he is 9 years older than me. I told him I was 21 and not the 17 I really was. Had to confess after a while when it was my 18th birthday party.
we long distance dates for 2 years and then I moved up north to move in with him.
27 years later and 3 children together still married.

• Heart

Prgirl_cesca

VIP Member
We met on holiday! He was on a lads holiday and I had escaped away with my sister after my exams. We were very young!

Did 2yrs long distance, then I went to uni, then we moved in together for my final year.

All in all it has been nearly 20yrs together, married with 2 kids 😊😊

• Heart

Pippa M

VIP Member
Hubby and I were penpals in the days of long ago when people wrote letters.Imagine ! No whatsapp,no zoom ...but letters were good till we met up in person and the rest is history:love:

• Heart
Reactions: 11

prpkw

• Sad
Reactions: 10

noseybirdxo

VIP Member
I’ve loved reading all your stories so thought I’d share mine as no one else seems to have met this way. Mine was Twitter. I’m from Liverpool but was living down south and he was from South London/Kent and both our football teams were in the semi final of the FA cup. We had sort of been liking each others tweets so I purposefully did a tweet saying I wanted my team to draw his team and he responded and then slid into my DMs. Waited 5-6 months before we met up, it would have been sooner but his anxiety got in the way. Went on our first date on one of the hottest days of the year, met him at Victoria station in London - he doesn’t handle heat very well so was sweating so I went into the superdrug there, got him some wipes and tissue and water to cool down and we bought him a new t shirt from h&m and then had our date. We knew we loved eachother before we met, the first date just confirmed it. Been together 5+ years, will be 6 years of knowing eachother in March next year. Did long distance for 3 years which was hard and expensive and now we live together. I think (and hope) we’ll be engaged by the end of next year 😂💙 He’s the absolute love of my life and my best friend, such a special lad honestly.

• Heart
Reactions: 10