How did you meet your partner?

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I first met my partner round a friends house at a party but I can’t remember anything from that night 🤦‍♀️ His friend got him a job where I work and we got to know each other and have been together since then which is 6 years + :)

Reactions: 2
I was his Bank Manager and he came in for a loan. We met by chance a few weeks later and he asked me out on a date. I was like “ Well yeah, but nowhere fancy because we both know you can’t afford it.” That’s romance right there kids 😜

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 26
Through mutual friends.

Almost every couple I know either met through mutual friends or met through work! Even with online dating and apps, the classic ways of meeting a partner never change.

My friend and hubs friend were on a blind date and we both went along for moral support. They ended up not hitting it off and twenty years later here we are 🤣🤣

Called a room to rent ad from a newspaper that was 3 weeks out of date and promptly moved in with a complete stranger. All his friends came round on my first night and I met my (unbeknownst to me) future husband - a few innocent dates later, we celebrate our 18th wedding anniversary this week and will celebrate 29 years in December! It was honestly love at first sight. I do though have to say that I don’t recommend moving in with a stranger but the fear was just not there in those days.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Wow guys I have just read this whole thread from the start and it has made my heart so warm :love: . I had kind of give up hope and thought the only way I would ever meet someone was dating sites (happy there is lots of positive dating sites stories though) but reading all the different and wonderful ways everyone has met their partner has given me a lot of hope!

Suppose its true you meet people when you least expect it? I feel like I have spent a lot of my time the past 2 years "looking" - maybe I should just wait and see what comes to me when I least expect it? Please carry on posting your stories I really love reading them and I am glad you are all happy! I only hope to have that one day! :)👩‍❤️‍👨

• Heart
On an online chat room in the late nineties...started chatting on there, then started texting (once we both got a mobile phone)...pay as you go mobile phones were only just a thing then 😄...then eventually met after a month or so. Together for 21 years now, married for 17 of those with 4 children 🙂

I met my partner on Tinder. I wasn't looking for anything serious, just wanted to ease myself into dating. We spoke for a few weeks then he asked to take me on a date. I ended up staying in the hotel that he had booked for himself that night (I made him promise he wasn't a murderer) and we talked until about 6am and woke up spooning 😂 we are a long-ish distance couple and trying to save for a house at the moment.

Reactions: 4
Tinder...went for a drink, I almost didn't go at all because I was too hungover from a different date the night before. Had a nice enough time but wasn't wowed, agreed to a second date out of polite/awkwardness, thinking I can always cancel if I didn't fancy it when it came to it. Went along - not sure what was different but totally clicked and so glad I gave it the chance!

Reactions: 4
First time I genuinely remember meeting him, it was on Tinder almost a year ago, clicked straightaway and haven't left each others side since really. But last week when our parents met at a family BBQ, I learnt that we used to have swimming classes together when we were about 9. He was the boy that I remember I hated because he was a better swimmer than me (i'd always been one of the strongest swimmers in my classes before) and I pushed him in the pool fully clothed once because he was annoying me. He was only around for about 6 months before his family moved to New Zealand, which is why I didn't remember him, but we both became competitive swimmers in our teens, which I think stems from us constantly wanted to outdo each other in our classes as kids. We swim together now, and yes, he's still the better swimmer much to my dispair.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
First time I genuinely remember meeting him, it was on Tinder almost a year ago, clicked straightaway and haven't left each others side since really. But last week when our parents met at a family BBQ, I learnt that we used to have swimming classes together when we were about 9. He was the boy that I remember I hated because he was a better swimmer than me (i'd always been one of the strongest swimmers in my classes before) and I pushed him in the pool fully clothed once because he was annoying me. He was only around for about 6 months before his family moved to New Zealand, which is why I didn't remember him, but we both became competitive swimmers in our teens, which I think stems from us constantly wanted to outdo each other in our classes as kids. We swim together now, and yes, he's still the better swimmer much to my dispair.
Love this. You were DESTINED to be together. 😀

Reactions: 1
At work! Different departments, had never met and he emailed me asking if i could do a report for him. I refused due to data confidentiality, our respective managers ended up having an argument about it (mine agreed with me and vice versa)...met a few weeks later in a meeting. I have been making his life difficult ever since :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: 6
We were penfriends ! Goes way back to the days of no internet and mobiles.

Reactions: 1
I love reading through these! ❤
I met my OH at work on a trip to Madrid - he’s a pilot and I’m cabin crew ✈ I wasn’t even supposed to be working that day I was on standby and someone called in sick so I got called in. Was in a very bad mood as I drove to the airport. Soon as I met him it all faded away (sounds so cheesy). I knew straight away he was the one. We spent the whole trip together and have been inseparable even since! We were supposed to be getting married this summer but Covid 🤷‍♀️. Hopefully next year 🤞🏻

• Heart