How did you meet your partner?

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It's a very long story but basically I first saw him when he was ten and I was seven. I liked him so much. I spent the next eighteen years watching him from afar. When I finally came within his sights he asked me out and seven weeks later he asked me to marry him.

Six months after that we were married for a very happy twenty-nine years until leukemia challenged him to a dual that he inevitably lost even though he battled it out for eight and half years...
So sorry for your loss x

Reactions: 3
at college where we were both studying animal management/care. 10 years on, we're now colleagues, have been working together for 7 years, so spend 24/7 together, which is all we've ever known really.. and works for us. We've been happily married for 3 years, living with just our furkids (cats) at the moment :)
To add..

hubby was just 17 (turned 18 within a month of us starting dating though!) and I was 19. We're now 28 and 29. It was, for both of us, our first relationship and it wasn't great in the first year (it ended a couple of times), so I think, looking back, it would have been a surprise to some people to know that we'd be happily married 10 years later. I still remember the first time I saw him (sorry if that makes anyone cringe!) I was a besotted teenager :p

• Heart
Reactions: 2
I was his Bank Manager. He came in for a loan, and came out with a date (and the loan). SO unprofessional. Don’t know why I agreed cos I could see how overdrawn he was! 13 yrs and 3 kids later and now it’s a joint overdraft 🤪

I ‘think’ I’ve met mine. He’s 53 and I’m 29. We’ve been friends for 5 years. Adore the bones off him & he worships the ground I walk on, along with my wonderful little girl. I just don’t like the village gossips and it really holds me back. He openly admits how he feels, I’m terrified because I hate feeling judged.
duck em! You live your life.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 13
The people saying we're not engaged by plan to elope, is that not pretty much the same thing or am I being dense?!
I suppose it is. I just mean not the full “we’re engaged” ring, announcement, engagement parties etc

We will be getting married as soon as we can After covid. However, no one will know until we’re back and it’s done.

• Heart
Tinder. Pretty common nowadays. He had only broken up with his ex a few weeks before so I definitely had my guard up for a very long time refusing to just be his rebound. You really do meet people when you least expect it, he’s a gem despite my initial reservations😂

Met on Tinder 5 years ago. Turned out that he didn’t have his proper DoB on Facebook so he fell within my age range....if he’d used his real one we’d never have matched
Met and moved in together within a month
Eloped to Vegas 4 years ago
We’ve raised some eyebrows amongst friends but here we are, happy, bought a house, miniature sausage dog, kids at some point 🤞🏻

Tinder. I was just about to delete my account when I saw him, matched instantly and hit it off from the word go.

20 years ago in a nightclub. I was out with friends. One friend dragged me over to talk to this guy she knew. She left us to it. I asked so how do you know X. He said I don’t, she just came over and started talking to me and then you appeared! So we talked, snogged, exchanged numbers and that was it. Been married 17 years, 2 kids, very happy.

I did ask my friend what made her talk to him and introduce us that night. She said I’ve never done anything like that before or since, but you were stood near each other at the bar and I thought you looked good together. I’ll forever be grateful to her.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
I was at a nightclub and was the drunkest I've ever been. My now partner was the bouncer and he watched from the balcony at a very drunk me go into the toilets and said to his mate watch this girl in a bright orange top 🙋‍♀️ come out the toilets she's really drunk. I came out the toilets on my own dancing and having a great time. I got a. Message on Facebook the next day asking if I got home okay. (I was 19 and having hundreds of friends on Facebook was a thing) he already had me as a friend on Facebook. Turns out he knew my mom and my mom knew his family from where she worked. 6 years later a mortgage and a baby still together.

Rather bizarrely, at a mortuary 😬 I was a fairly newly qualified nurse, and had just taken a patient there, and was flapping a bit. He was bringing a family down from another ward to say their goodbyes (he was ITU nursing at the time) and we ended up making idle chit chat in the lift afterwards (I think he sensed I was overwhelmed tbh.)
We ended up on a boozy night out about two weeks later at the local pub for a leaving do. Never got rid of him!

Reactions: 4
My mum and his mum, who are best friends, set us up on a blind date :ROFLMAO: both of us were in a really bad place at the time. He split up from his first wife, lost everything and moved back in with his parents. I lost my boyfriend to leukaemia just under two years before and was only just beginning to accept things. I initially protested with my mum and I wasn't sure if I was ready, but half heartedly went along with it. The date started out with us drowning our sorrows and lamenting over our lost loves. Then we discovered we had more in common than just that, and it ended up being the most memorable, romantic date I ever had. Nine years on, now married with a two year old. My mum and now mother in law's friendship has grown stronger than ever now they share a grandchild. And they are so smug when people ask how my husband and I met.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
At work but different departments.
Literally said hello to him and I've never felt chemistry like it, but I was with someone else and he was also with his partner of 10 years with kids so nothing happened and put it to the back of my mind although he would find excuses to come and see me and ask me work related things 😂
Ends up that we both broke up with our partners the next two months and went on our first date a month after that.
Now 3 years down the line with a new house and hopefully a baby on the way soon!

Reactions: 1
I ‘think’ I’ve met mine. He’s 53 and I’m 29. We’ve been friends for 5 years. Adore the bones off him & he worships the ground I walk on, along with my wonderful little girl. I just don’t like the village gossips and it really holds me back. He openly admits how he feels, I’m terrified because I hate feeling judged.
I’m in exactly a similar relationship with the same age gap. duck them they will all look. Me and my husband been together for nearly 6 years. We are still crazy in love. In the beginning I always worried I was judged. Now I don’t care most of our stares is when we are on holiday. Sometimes if I’m in a sassy mood I wave at them. Get my iPhone and pretend I’m taking a photo and ask them do you want one ? Anyways if you feel you want talk I’m here. When I was 26 to 27 honestly I felt like you. You can’t let ppl you don’t know affect you. I know it’s hard but happy to listen or read in this case. ❤

Reactions: 5
I was at a pub with some friends, had been texting a guy at the time that I wasn't really into, told him I was at this pub and he rocked up with his mate. As soon as his mate walked over I knew, never believed in love at first sight but had this moment of "oh so it's you I've been waiting for". Didn't get together straight away as I went off to uni but when I came home for Christmas I knew I couldn't ignore it. Been together for ten years, should have been married in May but hopefully will be able to in October. He is still friends with the guy I was originally texting so no hard feelings there luckily.

I was sat outside a pub with a couple of friends and one of them’s boyfriend arrived with a load of guys from his work. My boyfriend was one of them, apparently I blanked him 😂 but then we ended up going back to my friend’s house and sat up all night talking after everyone else had left/gone to bed. My friend said we could have her bed which was a bit presumptuous 😂 anyway we went up and I passed out before anything could even happen (in my defence I was really jet lagged as well as pissed) woke up in the morning thinking oh god how embarrassing, I was 23 at the time and he’s 12 years older than me, however he jokingly asked if I had had a nice kip and gave me a cuddle and asked for my number. He asked me if I wanted to go out the next night just the two of us in the same area, I actually had recently moved over an hour away and had only brought trakkies and a t shirt to drive home in so I said yes but to not sound overly keen didn’t mention the 3 hour round trip I was going to embark on to get changed/do my make up etc 😂😂 didn’t get my friend’s bed that night but an Ikea foam mattress on the floor of her box room was perfectly adequate 🤪

Anyway 5 years, a cat and a house later still going strong 😊

Reactions: 5
At a mutual friends wedding.
He arrived on a motorbike and scratched my car. I was furious as I'd had it a month. He kept telling me to 'Calm down ma'am' and I wrote him off as a loud mouthed Texan.
Turns out he was the best man, and we were sat together.
He sent me two dozen yellow roses the next day, and we've been married for eight years.
He's still a loud mouthed Texan....... 🤠💛

Reactions: 16
At university. We both did the same course although I don’t remember seeing him until mid way through second year. He tells me he we talked many times before that but I just didn’t remember him 🤣 he said he liked me from the very start of first year, I didn’t even know he was alive!

Been together 13 years, married for 9, and have 3 kids.

We met on Badoo we've been together for 7 months and we plan to get married and have kids next year :love:

I work in adult education and he was a student, I didn’t like him at first but getting to know him gradually I started to, after he finished his course we went on a date which lasted like9hours and then were together fro9months in a very intense relationship. We ended up having a really bad breakup and I was devastated, although things had started to go wrong, we didn’t eSpeak again until earlier thing year (2.5 years later ) I was loosely seeing someone else and got an email from an account I didn’t know, it turned out it was him.. all of my friends advised me not to see him but a few weeks later I invited him over, we got back together and now live together, he changed quite a lot during our time apart and things are now much better than they were last time round, thankfullly!

We were neighbours and I was his babysitter... He's 50 and I'm 27. He has 3 kids, we have none. Been together 8.5 years 🥰however we don't live together due to issues with his children 🤨
I read that wrong at first and read you were HIS babysitter I.e. he was a child 😂 glad to see I was mistaken 😂😂😂

Last edited:
We met at a supermarket we worked at. I’d been single for a few months and my friends wanted to set me up.

He was gorgeous and well out of my league. He tried to talk to me and a froze as I was a really shy 19 year old.

It snowed really badly one day and my dad made me go in, there was no delivery, very few staff and no customers. We got chatting down the milk isle and he asked for my number the next day. We moved in together after 8 months and that was over 10 years ago.