Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

prpkw

I have a similar age gap but have been lucky no one has ever really made comment (that I’ve heard of anyway) if you can be happy then it doesn’t matter what anyone else thinks. What would hurt more? loosing someone you love, or some old gossips judging you? X
Definitely losing him. Lockdown has put so much perspective of what’s important. Thank-you for replying. So true.

• Heart
Reactions: 10

LennyBriscoe

VIP Member
I met mine at rehab 🤣

We were both ex addicts and went to the meetings and such. We fell in love. We had a child. ❤
I met my husband at an AA meeting! We’ve been together 11 years, married for 9 and have a child. Every day I talk to another alcoholic ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 9

Rose18778

I was 26 and was in a bar nearly 4 years ago. I was a bit tipsy and we had made eye contact a few times so I approached him and asked if me and my friend could join him and his friends. Thank god he said yes 😂 there was about 8 of them as well! I would never have made the first move in a million years if I had been sober, way too shy!

• Heart

tskiry56

I met my boyfriend on tinder nearly a year ago. I had given up on dating and kind of resigned myself to being on my own.
Luckily we matched though he wasnt in my search radius and I wasnt in his. So we must of crossed paths somewhere along the way!

Bingbongding

I was a wee Irish lass visiting some friends in Manchester when I first set my eyes on a strapping Mancunian man. He romanced me wih some singing and drinking at the pub local to my friends flat. We'd a quick kiss at the end of the night. He asked for my number, I thought I'd never see him again. I was so happy when he text me the next day asking if Id like to see all of Manchester. I asked did He mean him 😝 We walked and talked all around Manchester, hopping on and off the tram for the day.
Once I qualified as a nurse I left Ireland behind, no permanent nursing jobs obly agency work. I moved to Manchester and got a permanent job as a nurse. We've been together ever since. I've not lost my soft Irish accent. He can still woo me with a song.

• Heart

judsmum

Chatty Member
Met in the local pub! I had a Tupac Shakur T-shirt on and he put California Love on the jukebox to ‘impress me’! He did impress me! I was 18 and he 25. We have been together for 18 years, married for (almost) 15 years. Oh, and he hates Tupac!

• Haha
Reactions: 8

Pixipoppy

VIP Member
Tinder, pretty standard these days. This was about 7 years ago so did raise a few eyebrows at the time because it was all quite a new... but now most people I know met their other halves on a dating app.

Also I didn’t actually mean to swipe right, couldn’t see his face properly in any photos and I never usually swiped people who just have a load of group pictures or ones where you can’t see them properly. Yet here we are :ROFLMAO: .

Inforapenny

Chatty Member
I have a similar age gap but have been lucky no one has ever really made comment (that I’ve heard of anyway) if you can be happy then it doesn’t matter what anyone else thinks. What would hurt more? loosing someone you love, or some old gossips judging you? X

I can't imagine ever judging a couple in love. My husband is 8 years old so no big age difference and my friend is happily married to her husband who is 20 years older, they have 2 kids and been together 15 years.
My other friend is with her partner who is 22 year age gap
happiness and love is all you need ❤

• Heart

Ineedmorecoffee

Chatty Member
20 years ago in a nightclub. I was out with friends. One friend dragged me over to talk to this guy she knew. She left us to it. I asked so how do you know X. He said I don’t, she just came over and started talking to me and then you appeared! So we talked, snogged, exchanged numbers and that was it. Been married 17 years, 2 kids, very happy.

I did ask my friend what made her talk to him and introduce us that night. She said I’ve never done anything like that before or since, but you were stood near each other at the bar and I thought you looked good together. I’ll forever be grateful to her.

• Heart

watermelon sugar

VIP Member
At work 🥰 my sister was his manager and she got me a job there too. On my first day he flirted with me alllllllllll day and when I seen my sister at the end of the day she told me he went up on his lunch break and asked her if I was single 😅 I added him on Facebook after my first shift and we’ve spoke on messenger every single day since I added him. For a little while we were just texting and flirting then one day my sister was working late so I had to kill time for 45 mins while I waited for her. I asked him if he wanted to wait with me and he did, we went for a Costa and that turned into us getting a coffee every day for the next few weeks after work! One day we went for a coffee, then went for a McDonald’s and we sat in McDonald’s for 4 hours just chatting. Then left and sat on the pier for another hour. He used to get the train with me just so he could spend time with me even though it was half an hour further walk to his house from the station 🥰 one day we were sat at the pier again and he asked me to be his girlfriend. That was nearly 4 years ago and now we have a toddler together 🥰

• Heart

shirleymaclaine1

DatingDirect website 19 years ago. Me a divorcee of 30 without kids, him never married at 25. Married 2 years to the date we first met in person in a pub..now been married 17 years this year. He’s 10 x the man my lying, cheating ex-husband was and I bless the day I found him ❤

Last edited:

ALittleStrange

My work friend introduced me to her brother and I thought he was gorgeous and out of my league. Thankfully he thought the same for me. We've been together 15 years now. His sister hates me now 🙈

• Haha

Gossipmongers

I met my partner at a Holiday Inn where we both worked, him on the bar and me in the restaurant. I was 17 and he was 21, I instantly knew that we were made for each other, 8 years later and going strong. We aren’t engaged (not our style), we have decided to get married by eloping on our 10 year anniversary in 2022 😍

Reactions: 7

Selenophile

It's a very long story but basically I first saw him when he was ten and I was seven. I liked him so much. I spent the next eighteen years watching him from afar. When I finally came within his sights he asked me out and seven weeks later he asked me to marry him.

Six months after that we were married for a very happy twenty-nine years until leukemia challenged him to a dual that he inevitably lost even though he battled it out for eight and half years...
Sending love. I'm sorry to hear he passed. You have a beautiful story 💕

Mrs Cucumber

VIP Member
We met on plenty of fish 10 years ago! I was looking for a fun time and ended up falling in love 🤣 been married 7 years, have two kids, two cats, a dog and a house together! I was 22 when we met and he was 27

• Heart

ClaireAmelie

First time I genuinely remember meeting him, it was on Tinder almost a year ago, clicked straightaway and haven't left each others side since really. But last week when our parents met at a family BBQ, I learnt that we used to have swimming classes together when we were about 9. He was the boy that I remember I hated because he was a better swimmer than me (i'd always been one of the strongest swimmers in my classes before) and I pushed him in the pool fully clothed once because he was annoying me. He was only around for about 6 months before his family moved to New Zealand, which is why I didn't remember him, but we both became competitive swimmers in our teens, which I think stems from us constantly wanted to outdo each other in our classes as kids. We swim together now, and yes, he's still the better swimmer much to my dispair.

• Heart