How did you meet your partner?

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I originally met my partner at school when I was 14 and he was 15.

We lived in different towns but went to the same high school, originally started talking on MSN.

We went out for a while then remained friends, I moved to Spain with my parents when I was 16 and he came over to visit a few times. I moved back home when I was 18 to be with him and 12 years later we’re engaged with a home and a fur baby 😊

Been engaged for 10 years but we prefer spending money on holidays and plan to elope in New York on our next visit.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Tinder.
We both come from the same country and originally from the same region but it took us living in the UK and area of England to meet.
Found out on our date he knew my sister and her friends growing up so we think it's fate.
We decided to marry by week two.
He proposed 7 months later. Fell in love with the ring. On day I looked at the ring verification and certificate and saw that the ring had been made on the 26th of September 2018, the day we went on our first date. Weird!

• Heart
Reactions: 13
My boyfriend is twice my age and we met because he was my Director at work. He never used to like it when I talked about my then boyfriend. My then boyfriend cheated on me after three years together and I just happened to bump into my now boyfriend in the street. I had been working somewhere else for a year and a half, so had not seen him since. After that, we got texting and chatting on the phone most nights of the week. After a while it just naturally progressed into dating and we have now been together for almost three and a half years. 🙂💜

Reactions: 5
33 years ago my mum met one of her work friends who had recently had a baby whilst out shopping. Her 3 year old son was hiding behind her, I grabbed his hand and made him talk to me 😂😂 We went to Secondary School together then I went to Uni and he got a job. The summer after I graduated we randomly banged into each other and that was it! We've been together ever since, 15 years as a couple, 10 years married and 3 children.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
I ‘think’ I’ve met mine. He’s 53 and I’m 29. We’ve been friends for 5 years. Adore the bones off him & he worships the ground I walk on, along with my wonderful little girl. I just don’t like the village gossips and it really holds me back. He openly admits how he feels, I’m terrified because I hate feeling judged.

• Sad
Reactions: 10
At work, worked for same company but different sites about 3 hours apart, used to speak multiple times a day through work and always got on well. After about a year he was doing a training course near me and asked to
take me out for dinner on one of the nights.
I wasn’t 100% sure as quite a big age gap but we carried on meeting up every other weekend, did long distance for about 2 years and now lived together for 3 years and have a son

Reactions: 3
My work friend introduced me to her brother and I thought he was gorgeous and out of my league. Thankfully he thought the same for me. We've been together 15 years now. His sister hates me now 🙈

• Haha
Reactions: 8
I ‘think’ I’ve met mine. He’s 53 and I’m 29. We’ve been friends for 5 years. Adore the bones off him & he worships the ground I walk on, along with my wonderful little girl. I just don’t like the village gossips and it really holds me back. He openly admits how he feels, I’m terrified because I hate feeling judged.
I have a similar age gap but have been lucky no one has ever really made comment (that I’ve heard of anyway) if you can be happy then it doesn’t matter what anyone else thinks. What would hurt more? loosing someone you love, or some old gossips judging you? X

• Heart
Reactions: 12
I have a similar age gap but have been lucky no one has ever really made comment (that I’ve heard of anyway) if you can be happy then it doesn’t matter what anyone else thinks. What would hurt more? loosing someone you love, or some old gossips judging you? X
Definitely losing him. Lockdown has put so much perspective of what’s important. Thank-you for replying. So true.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
POF. I thought he looked hot but arrogant and probably loved himself. Shagged him anyway just for the kicks. Totally misjudged him & he moved 150 miles to be with me. 4 years later and happiest relationship I’ve ever been in.

• Heart
Reactions: 14

I can't imagine ever judging a couple in love. My husband is 8 years old so no big age difference and my friend is happily married to her husband who is 20 years older, they have 2 kids and been together 15 years.
My other friend is with her partner who is 22 year age gap
happiness and love is all you need ❤

• Heart
We met on a catholic singles dating site. ( I was 37 and she was 34). We were chatting in a forum and I was being my usual sarcastic self which she found hysterical. Chatted via the forum a few times then she gave me her number. Met half way between our houses (we lived 6 hrs apart) our first date lasted 13 hours. Long distance dated for 9 months when I moved closer to her. got married 8 months later and have been married 11 years with a child.

Reactions: 2
Met in the local pub! I had a Tupac Shakur T-shirt on and he put California Love on the jukebox to ‘impress me’! He did impress me! I was 18 and he 25. We have been together for 18 years, married for (almost) 15 years. Oh, and he hates Tupac!

• Haha
I was sort of seeing his friend when I was 16, I say sort of it was an innocent relationship where we were more like friends who occasionally kissed. Anyways he was showing me photos of his prom night one evening when I was at his and there was a really good looking boy in one of the photos that I asked him about, he didn’t tell me much though as he could tell I liked the look of him 😂.
Anyways few years later at 21 I just came out of a horrible relationship and I had a Facebook request, I never really accepted people I didn’t know but we had a few mutual friends so I accepted. Turned out it was the boy in the prom photos. We got talking, I say talking he was constantly pestering me in inbox asking for my number 😂 because I’d not long came out of a relationship I wasn’t sure. Spoke to my mum about it and she said go for it so I did.
Went on our first date and we’ve been together ever since, nearly 9 years later and two children and currently saving for a mortgage ❤

I was sort of seeing his friend when I was 16, I say sort of it was an innocent relationship where we were more like friends who occasionally kissed. Anyways he was showing me photos of his prom night one evening when I was at his and there was a really good looking boy in one of the photos that I asked him about, he didn’t tell me much though as he could tell I liked the look of him 😂.
Anyways few years later at 21 I just came out of a horrible relationship and I had a Facebook request, I never really accepted people I didn’t know but we had a few mutual friends so I accepted. Turned out it was the boy in the prom photos. We got talking, I say talking he was constantly pestering me in inbox asking for my number 😂 because I’d not long came out of a relationship I wasn’t sure. Spoke to my mum about it and she said go for it so I did.
Went on our first date and we’ve been together ever since, nearly 9 years later and two children and currently saving for a mortgage ❤
Had you met him following seeing the photo? What prompted the friend request?

Our favourite band were doing a one off gig (first in many many years too) in our home town. You had to queue up and show some memorabilia to prove you were a fan and get tickets. I had been out the night before and come straight from my friends house so had nothing on me except a tattoo on my leg which I was willing to pull my jeans down for 😂 anyway, he had an album he lent me and we went for a drink afterwards and the rest is history! Been together ever since and got engaged watching the same band at Wembley a year later.

• Heart
Met when I was 18 and he was 23 at a party. He worked with one of my good friends (whose party we were at) I ended up absolutely out of it drunk; unable to walk drunk. I passed out in the bed next to him and in my drunken state tried it on with him. Him being the gent he is didn’t go down that road given my obviously bad state I was in. Also the fact he had a girlfriend and wouldn’t cheat on her. (I did not know he had a girlfriend! Not that type of girl) I was sick (on his legs 🙈) and he cleaned it up and took care of me.

We started dating when I was 19 and he was 24. Been together 12.5 years, own our own house now after years of renting in a city, have travelled far and wide. Not engaged (plan to marry but will be eloping with no fuss) and no plans to ever have kids.

I’m so glad I ended up in his room that first night, I was the drunkest I’ve ever been and not making wise decisions. Very grateful for his actions that night as it really could have went badly the other way if he was a ‘typical lad’ Also he was being offered it up on a plate and wouldn’t do that to his girlfriend at the time. He truly is a good ‘un

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Final year of uni when we ended up being neighbours. I met him on the Saturday night (nothing happened, but major 🎇) and dumped my boyfriend of four years the next day. The relationship was coming to an end anyway but meeting now hubby was the straw that broke the camel's back 😆