Houseplants

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Hi, so glad I have found this thread! I haven’t had a chance to read through it yet but I was wondering if anyone could advise on potted hyacinth please? I got a pot from Lidl last week but the bulbs are all above the soil - similar to pic attatcjed but a much less deep pot. Will they be ok to keep like this or should I re pot? Plan to keep them inside this year and separate and plant the bulbs outside for next year. Thank you
I also saw these too. I think they will be okay personally.

Reactions: 1
Hi, so glad I have found this thread! I haven’t had a chance to read through it yet but I was wondering if anyone could advise on potted hyacinth please? I got a pot from Lidl last week but the bulbs are all above the soil - similar to pic attatcjed but a much less deep pot. Will they be ok to keep like this or should I re pot? Plan to keep them inside this year and separate and plant the bulbs outside for next year. Thank you
Welcome! No need to repot, will be fine like that just enjoy them then plant out for next year!

Reactions: 2
Just been to my local plant shop and picked up some cute extendable biodegradable poles for my monstera! They’re made of bark rather than moss so feels more like an actual tree to climb up! 😍 Going to repot him tonight cos he’s gone WILD.

Then this gal may have fallen into my bag along the way…

1675963795281.jpeg

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Going to my local garden center tonight straight after work I’m so excited. Will definitely show you guys if I get anything (highly likely I won’t come home empty handed haha)

• Heart
Reactions: 4
They also had this one, but I wouldn’t know how I’m supposed to look after it.
---

It won't stop there you know, all the while the are spare surfaces in your home.........
Please pray for me. :ROFLMAO:

I’m renting now so have to limit myself as I can’t take them back with me, but I just allowed myself to spend some money improving my current home situation and they really do make me happy.

I’ve agreed to buy a home with my brother when I get back to London in two years or so. Already warned him . 🥳
---

All four plants together.

Attachments

Last edited:
Just been given a money plant baby by a colleague! Any tips as never had one before!

1676043504101.jpeg

I got given a baby Chinese money plant last summer and it hasn’t grown at all 🤷🏻‍♀️ it hasn’t died back either it’s just exactly the same. I thought they were quite fast growing so it baffled me.

I picked this guy up the other day…

A5819ED1-B9B6-4277-B3E1-A3EBA2942F2C.jpeg

• Heart
Reactions: 9
I got given a baby Chinese money plant last summer and it hasn’t grown at all 🤷🏻‍♀️ it hasn’t died back either it’s just exactly the same. I thought they were quite fast growing so it baffled me.

I picked this guy up the other day…

View attachment 1949661
I think my mystery rescue from Death Row looks like that . The leaves were kind of burnt and horribly neglected but its got new leaves now and happy so shortly I'll be able to snip out those damaged ones. The shopkeeper didn't know what it is either 😀

Attachments

Last edited:
  • Heart
I think my mystery rescue from Death Row looks like that . The leaves were kind of burnt and horribly neglected but its got new leaves now and happy so shortly I'll be able to snip out those damaged ones. The shopkeeper didn't know what it is either 😀
It’s a monstera adansonii! A monkey mask 😍 they like high humidity and bright, indirect sunlight 🌿 they will trail on a vine so can be propagated, my sister gave me a cutting that I didn’t keep somewhere sunny and warm and it didn’t do very well 🤪

• Heart
Reactions: 3
If it's anything like mine... don't underwater it, don't overwater it, don't put it near a window, don't put it on a more shaded bookshelf...in fact, don't even look at it or it will hate you 😬🪴
Oh bloody hell, glad I was given it for free now! 🤣 I’ll stick him in a corner and forget about him then! The moment I fuss over them is when they decide to cark it 🤣

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 4
It’s a monstera adansonii! A monkey mask 😍 they like high humidity and bright, indirect sunlight 🌿 they will trail on a vine so can be propagated, my sister gave me a cutting that I didn’t keep somewhere sunny and warm and it didn’t do very well 🤪
My adansonii is doing amazingly, I’ve propogated him so many times and have got at least 4 other plants that have come from him in my house. My proudest achievement was propagating a wet stick and growing a whole new plant and giving it to my sister in law for Christmas!

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Google lens is good for this. Just take a photo and it will identify the plant for you.