Houseplants

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Does anyone have any ideas how I can save this? It's the lipstick plant I mentioned a few pages ago, the one that arrived looking a bit iffy. I've tried not watering it and that didn't seem to help so have recently tried watering it and it still looks like it's on it's way out. I'm at a loss of what to try 🙁.
20230217_205023.jpg

Another question…if my cactus is like this what does it mean? Thanks in advance
AD13C1AB-53FF-411B-A292-9A75421DF263.jpeg

(I rehomed this one from someone getting rid so if it’s dying it could be me or them 🤷🏻‍♀️)

I have £135 worth of Alocasia in my basket for plnts 🙀 I'm seeing them as investments. I sold £40 worth of baby alocasia this weekend and it's.my Vinted balance that's paying for my new plants. Just need to pluck up the courage to hit checkout.

• Wow
Reactions: 2
Where does everyone buy their plants? I have bought from patch plants previously, but recently I have got a few in Sainsburys. Any suggestions of any good priced places would be great!

Reactions: 1
Where does everyone buy their plants? I have bought from patch plants previously, but recently I have got a few in Sainsburys. Any suggestions of any good priced places would be great!
Mostly from the Dobbies rescue shelf. I stay away from B&Q because they had thrips in my store. I bought a golden pothos from Sainsburys once that grew really fast in the summer. Also I buy cuttings from fb groups to propagate.

There's also a cute little independent store that I go to when i'm in Glasgow.

I have £135 worth of Alocasia in my basket for plnts 🙀 I'm seeing them as investments. I sold £40 worth of baby alocasia this weekend and it's.my Vinted balance that's paying for my new plants. Just need to pluck up the courage to hit checkout.
Do it! You seem to have a knack with them. Mine are dying ☹.

Do it! You seem to have a knack with them. Mine are dying ☹.
I left them in my basket long enough for them to send me a 10% code which means I now need to find something else because it's taken me below free shipping 😂 first world troubles here.
---
I have 15 plants in my basket 🙀

• Haha
Reactions: 2
Ooh I love houseplants, what a great thread. I've not got too many as I'm having renovation work done. I've got 3 succulents, two Kalanchoe, two mini orchids, 2 big orchids and a jasmine plant which seems to be dormant for now and a ficus ginseng bonsai.
I'm keen to aquire an aloe vera, snake plant and string of pears, turtles, hearts and zebrina. Long term I'd love a large monstera and a palm.
I used to have living stones and a Venus fly trap but they only lived for about a year 🙁

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Well I had a bit of a disaster today when I was sorting out my Clivia, I moved the stones I place on the compost to have a tidy-up and the main piece of the plant keeled over! I had to rush off out for more potting compost so I could pot the chunk that had separated. Hopefully it will "take" OK and I have'nt lost a large chunk of my lovely Clivia

• Sad
Reactions: 4
Ooh I love houseplants, what a great thread. I've not got too many as I'm having renovation work done. I've got 3 succulents, two Kalanchoe, two mini orchids, 2 big orchids and a jasmine plant which seems to be dormant for now and a ficus ginseng bonsai.
I'm keen to aquire an aloe vera, snake plant and string of pears, turtles, hearts and zebrina. Long term I'd love a large monstera and a palm.
I used to have living stones and a Venus fly trap but they only lived for about a year 🙁
Venus fly trap go dormant in winter. My one died off and is now coming back quite quickly.

This hydroponic system is so much fun. I've got outdoor plants in currently ahastache and delphinium. It's incredible when I compare to the ones I've done in soil. Can't wait to get some houseplant propping done in it.
There are not enough hours in the day, I'm lucky my toddler loves plants and is happy to potter about with me doing "planty things". And my long suffering husband is just glad it's now plants I'm bringing home instead of cats.

Attachments

This hydroponic system is so much fun. I've got outdoor plants in currently ahastache and delphinium. It's incredible when I compare to the ones I've done in soil. Can't wait to get some houseplant propping done in it.
There are not enough hours in the day, I'm lucky my toddler loves plants and is happy to potter about with me doing "planty things". And my long suffering husband is just glad it's now plants I'm bringing home instead of cats.
That's cool. I have one that I bought for herbs and it really didn't work due to them growing at different rates. I never thought of using it for plants. I have a plan to only grow alocasia which is not going well as I just took loads of cuttings to prop on 🤣🤣 One day I'll successfully get a batch together and on marketplace.

20230222_191542.jpg

New leaf on one of my Alocasia Red secrets. I have 4 because I bought 2 off the rescue shelf that both split into 2 plants. I've also got 5 of their babies doing well and some getting 2nd leaves. I had an aphid problem in this greenhouse 😫 you can see some of the damage on the leaf in the background.

The two plants in my bathroom look very sad at the moment. Any tips?
Maybe they need more natural light/in direct sunlight, do you have a window in your bathroom? I've had plants in rooms with minimal natural light and they haven't done well until moved into a sunny room.

Maybe they need more natural light/in direct sunlight, do you have a window in your bathroom? I've had plants in rooms with minimal natural light and they haven't done well until moved into a sunny room.
Yeh the window is pretty big (190cm wide) but frosted.

I might move then for somewhere sunnier for a bit. Holiday for the plants 🤣

I have a string of turtles in my bathroom, initially the water plus high humidity caused rotting so now I only bottom water. It’s in a very sunny window and it’s doing well

61DC4004-BEB3-455A-A592-01143E2A56AA.jpeg

• Heart
Reactions: 6