Houseplants

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I have no clue about orchids I'm afraid...I only know when the roots go silvery to water them!! She's gorgeous though.
One of my head cats just threw up a spider plant leaf :cautious:
Any advice on this scindapsus I picked up in sainsburys today, its lovely and busy but I've never had a moss pole before, its right up it, can you get an extension?!
You can get extension moss poles from Amazon

Reactions: 1
I have no clue about orchids I'm afraid...I only know when the roots go silvery to water them!! She's gorgeous though.
One of my head cats just threw up a spider plant leaf :cautious:
Any advice on this scindapsus I picked up in sainsburys today, its lovely and busy but I've never had a moss pole before, its right up it, can you get an extension?!
Is there a hole in the top of the pole? If there is then an extension can slot in.

Having another go at peanuts, I started them too late last year so although they flowered they didn't fruit. You soak em for a couple of hours then plant in moist soil on a heat mat.
IMG_20230205_150838.jpg
IMG_20230205_154130.jpg

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Can anyone advise how I can save my palm, pics attached of how they have gone, I water regularly and have started misting. I just want them fuller!
Mine looks similar to yours and same size, it's putting out new leaves but it I've had it 2 years and always growed slowly. Tbh i probably only remember to water it about once a month but the lack of water has never seemed to have done it any harm

It looks like the one I have in my bathroom, a Kentia Palm that I've had maybe ten years or more; Originally it came as part of an arrangement, a tiny little 6 inch tall thing tht I repotted and its flourished, but like I said it lives in the bathroom in indirect sunlight slightly away from the Velux window enjoying the warmth and the damp of the bathroom atmosphere. I don't think they get fuller though, they just get leggier as they get taller.
---

Here's my one.

Attachments

Last edited:
Just stumbled upon this thread and I'm so happy about it! Spent a few hours yesterday taking care of all my plants and repotting quite a few. I feel a trip to the garden centre coming up hehe I'm looking for a hanging plant that I can put in my bookshelves

Reactions: 4
My cheese plant won't stop growing!
I've even potted in smaller planter but it's a possessed plant.
(It'd wide not tall)

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Omg I've spent the morning cleaning and sorting out succulents as they keep falling over and annoying me. I hate repotting cacti! Some of these things are literally terrifying! Thick gloves that protect from spines are no good for repotting so I wore lighter gloves. Fingers full of prickles fml.

Came home with this calissia yesterday. I need to stop!

Attachments

• Heart
Reactions: 7
I have a monstera plant I got in lockdown which was probably 4 or 5 leaves shich has grown a considerable amount. It's also growing sideways so is starting to take up a lot of room. I'm wondering if I should repot it this spring but the thought is daunting as I'll probably end up killing it. Does anyone know what are the signs I should definitely repot it before I do it unnecessarily?

I have a monstera plant I got in lockdown which was probably 4 or 5 leaves shich has grown a considerable amount. It's also growing sideways so is starting to take up a lot of room. I'm wondering if I should repot it this spring but the thought is daunting as I'll probably end up killing it. Does anyone know what are the signs I should definitely repot it before I do it unnecessarily?

Could you try to velcro tie it to a couple of moss poles first? Then it would take up less room and hopefully start growing upright instead of outwards and would save the risk of trying to report. If you're on Facebook I've just found a group called Help with House Plants, it's a great resource with lots of helpful tips and you could add a photo of your monstera to ask for advice.

• Heart
Reactions: 3
A friend of mine has the most beautiful philodendron scandens draping from her bookshelves (the plant is almost 2,5m long now) and I convinced her to give me a cutting of it so I can grow my own hehehe

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Could you try to velcro tie it to a couple of moss poles first? Then it would take up less room and hopefully start growing upright instead of outwards and would save the risk of trying to report. If you're on Facebook I've just found a group called Help with House Plants, it's a great resource with lots of helpful tips and you could add a photo of your monstera to ask for advice.
I'm on that group too it's so helpful!

• Heart
I delivered this kalanchoe to a friend today. I propagated it from a plant given to me by my kids over 10 years ago (still going) 💕

BA474326-7EDA-42D9-B4B6-3F5788EFF7ED.jpeg

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Hi, so glad I have found this thread! I haven’t had a chance to read through it yet but I was wondering if anyone could advise on potted hyacinth please? I got a pot from Lidl last week but the bulbs are all above the soil - similar to pic attatcjed but a much less deep pot. Will they be ok to keep like this or should I re pot? Plan to keep them inside this year and separate and plant the bulbs outside for next year. Thank you

Attachments