Houseplants

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It's an Aeschynanthus Lipstick Plant. I'm hoping it will flower at some point. It was a bit beaten up when it arrived due to the box being damaged so I'm keeping everything crossed that it survives.
This one will flower if you keep it in sunlight, I have one, hit and miss with flowering but they are cool whenever they make their rare appearance!

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Picked up some freebie rescue plants today - calla lilies, a huge purple aeonium, jersey lilies and lots of cuttings to try out. Can't wait to get them sorted into new pots etc and take care of them!

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Bought a pomegranate plant off Etsy today, had a go at one a couple of years ago but it was nibbled by one of the cats

Reactions: 1
It's an Aeschynanthus Lipstick Plant. I'm hoping it will flower at some point. It was a bit beaten up when it arrived due to the box being damaged so I'm keeping everything crossed that it survives.
Thank you! I will have to look at getting one, even though my fella has put me on a plant buying ban! I hope your one survives, it looks lovely in the pictures.

• Heart
I went in morrisons the other day they have mini indoor daffodils and hyacinth. Has anyone had these before. Im guessing they wouldn't last long but they are so beautiful and the fragrance of the hyacinth was gorgeous :love:

I’m not great with houseplants but I bought this purple shamrock last year and it’s lovely. It does go dormant for a month or so, this is it just coming back but it’s reasonably easy to look after. The flowers open and close depending on the light.
I've got these Oxalis in some of my pots on the veranda; At the moment they are dormant but as soon as the weather cheers up they're off and running again :)

I'm on a houseplant group on fb and someone posted this week their ppp leaf that they'd been waiting on so long and their cat snapped it off, glad it wasn't you 🤣
Yikes. That's the sort of thing my asshole cat would do. It's in my bathroom though and he's banned from my bedroom so can't get to it 🤣

• Haha
Any ideas what this one might be?
I bought a few months ago in a shop that flogs ends of lines of anything, it was just the small fat leaf stuck in a pot and yes I felt sorry for it! I thought it was a Senseviera Mother in laws tongue but even the new leaves are too wide and its sort of blotchy, not stripy so it's Un named 😉
Well I have googled this one but I'm still none the wiser what it is - it looks a bit like a species called Gwinejska but mine only has a thin red line on the edges, plus its only a baby so I don't know if it is going to "rosette" on not. Never mind I love it anyway :)

20230202_150118.jpg

Todays rescue shelf purchase. twit of a cat in the background. She'll stay in the fabrikor for a couple of days with some sticky traps then I'll transfer her to Pon.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
IMG_20230203_141422.jpg

My orchid is already a big girl, and I don't know in which direction I should lead her... Can anybody give me any suggestions? She is growing and growing... And there is just no more place for her and her beautiful flowers.
Should I replant her?

I have no clue about orchids I'm afraid...I only know when the roots go silvery to water them!! She's gorgeous though.
One of my head cats just threw up a spider plant leaf :cautious:
Any advice on this scindapsus I picked up in sainsburys today, its lovely and busy but I've never had a moss pole before, its right up it, can you get an extension?!

Attachments

I used to have quite a few orchids, the stems can be cut back when the flowers die off, it won’t keep growing forever. I’d train it down to the bottom if you want to keep it neat. I lost all of mine when I moved into a damp north/west facing flat 💔