Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

minalina

I just find their money set up so blood weird!! I can’t get my head around it

I was less clinical than her with finances with flatmates let alone with my husband 😭

Reactions: 6

Emsie

VIP Member
Not that I'm being the poster child for gentle parenting but it's still gentle to tell your kid to fucking stop it. Perhaps not those words 😂
It's not gentle parenting to tell your child if they buckle up they can have sweets. That's permissive. Gets you nowhere.

• Heart
Very odd way of doing it, but she said in the budgeting video that even when he was earning less he still wanted to pay half, so they’ve continued that, which works to A advantage now he’s earning a lot more 🤭 as now she’s got to contribute her half even though she reduced hours/ sorts kids etc … very unusual set up 🤔

b_226

It's madness me and my husband have naturally put all our earnings together its never been a conversation or an issue, i would never dream of asking him to pay for something because i want to keep my money separate i know not every couple share money but when your married with kids and a mortgage isn't it normal!!??

VirgoGossip

Chatty Member
She obviously isn't not returning to be a SAHM and become a 'better mum' and to spend more time with her kids- she basically admitted that when she said they would be in nursery (not shaming parents who put kids in nursery at all sometimes it simply has to be done and it can be a fantastic place for children to learn skills etc so please don't think I'm slating parents who have children in nursery) but with Shan specifically she is clearly only taking the year out so she can churn out more content with the aim of getting more brand deals and followers so she can finally call herself a full time influencer and ditch the day job altogether.

She is NOT doing this to be with her kids- she's doing it because she's deluded herself into thinking if she did this full time for a year her channel will grow significantly and she can finally be the influencer she's desperate to be. My guess is Ash wouldn't let her quit her job unless she was much more successful so she's taking this opportunity to do that. 100% NOT for spending time with the kids when she clearly HATES motherhood.

In one of her reels today she talks about being so anxious/overwhelmed by the idea of taking both of her kids out of the house that she'll only do it if it's to soft play. I remember it being daunting when my second was tiny, but I feel like she can either position herself as an expert and expect people to follow her for tips or be honest about still finding it all incredibly hard. Not both.

cosmicstar

Chatty Member
She doesn't seem to have any real friends or be that close to her family, which leads me to believe that she has some serious personality issues that hinder her relationships.

My parents live in another country and we facetime every week without fail. My in laws live in another part of the country and also do occasionally. When you have kids thats what grandparents want to do! And they come and visit all the time.

I know she went away with her mum for a couple of days but she barely mentions her otherwise. It seems she just used her as a nanny while they were on 'holiday' in the caravan.

She married young but where are her friends from school? or from work/other jobs? All the military wives she has met in the past? Does she not have a best friend like most girls do? Or does she only want to be friends with other influencers? It's all really weird.

It makes me think there must be a dark reason why she doesn't maintain her friendships.

Puffin_island

VIP Member
Are we going to have to endure weekly food shops until she goes back to work? 🥴
Why on earth did she expect to get a shop within the weekly budget when YOUR ARE HOSTING A BARBECUE?!??!?!!? Thank goodness she has the birthday pot to dip into to help cover the cost.

Wasn't there some random article floating around recently about a mum who charged parents who attended her kids party to cover costs of hosting it? Genuinely think Shan would do that. Definitely can't see her having very exciting parties when G and H are a bit older.

• Haha
She literally says in that vlog that she's lucky she can take another year off work to spend time with her family etc but she's shipping them both off to nursery is she not???? 😂😂😂

• Haha

MrsHeather

Convincing George to watch cartoons before bed, then wondering why he doesn't sleep 🤔
Maybe she should've hidden the remote for longer and offered to read him a book instead.

Dramallama2

New shitty reel - going on about how she needs to finally confess how hard the struggle was going from 1-2, it’s literally all she’s rambled on about since day one of having the second?! Is she actually taking this piss 🥴

• Haha

myst3ry

Am I the only one who disagrees with “the bare minimum is enough” like of COURSE there will be days where you do all those things she mentions in her reel but… for the most part if you’re doing the bare minimum everyday then I think that’s a sign you need help?
Or I can understand it if you’re working long hours but she’s not, there’s no excuse not to be out with kids and cooking for them (again, not saying you can’t have days where you cba)

like I’m not here for normalising being miserable as a mum or in the trenches or complaining about it all the time, it shouldn’t be normal!

• Heart

Bubblecan

I'm all for making my life as easy going as possible with a 1 & 3 year old, heck I'm writing this sat in my 1 year olds bed waiting for her to go to sleep whilst my 3 year old is listening to tonies waiting for me to put him to bed too. But there is no way she has any idea what to do for the best with them 2 kids. I feel utterly sorry for them both when watching her video earlier.
She genuinely cannot be arsed to be their mother can she?!
From the beginning she is ignoring Hallie, putting a hot cup of tea on a stool next to Hallie on the floor then walking away?! Then prioritising putting her lashes on versus sitting with George whilst he eats his breakfast and so on and so on.
How does she edit her videos and think "yep, that's the one, perfect. Post" 😱

Emsie

VIP Member
Going to lidl is not a spa day. Your husband looking after your kids so you can do the basic necessities of life isn't anything to be celebrated. If you need a break Shan your husband should step up and give you one not allow you to do a household chore alone and mask it as a break.
Shitty narrative she's pushing.

• Heart

Puffin_island

VIP Member
I've heard of better help but only through American youtubers. I've just googled how much it costs and it's £40-70 per week. I'm hoping to see that expense in he next montlhy expenses breakdown video!!!

• Haha
Velcro baby 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣 she has nooooo idea. If she's got time to sit and make ridiculous reels and YouTube videos she has no right to sit and talk about 'being in the trenches of motherhood' because she hasn't got the foggiest idea!! She can come back when her baby never settles, she can't get a shower and literally doesn't manage to get George to nursery on time/get to the shops/orders takeaways/can't get out of bed etc and talk about those things. When you're sat in front of a camera, hair curled, lashes on etc she has no business making out she has it hard. She should know this, she just wants a pity party and a bunch of "me too" comments 🙄🙄