Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Puffin_island

VIP Member
Why are they not both coming from the joint expense pot? I missed the whole locksmith thing.
Basically, they only had one back door key and had left it on the door. George apparently took it out and lost it so they had to get the locksmith out to change it.

Jc456

VIP Member
View attachment 2972440
So she's shared a reel of what she bought in her recent food shop and saw this comment she replied to someone. I am a mega fan of of meal planning, I'm sure I would have made a weeks meal plan and shopping list quicker than her setting up and filming that reel..... So yeh, I'm sure she doesn't have time to sit down and do that instead.

I also appreciated the comment someone out that no amount of money saved is worth buying battery hen eggs!
That just popped up on my FB and someone there mentioned the eggs. Someone else also said they do £80-100 a week for 7
---
I'm so bad at meal planning atm, I was so good in covid and saved so much money but just cant get back into it. Doesn't help my youngest is going through a picky phase

Levi89

Yep my middle one, we started him in the August before he turned 3. He couldn't get it. Wasn't ready, had loads of accidents or would hold it for hours. So I stopped, had a break and started him again just after Christmas. It took until Easter for us to be fully there but he's fine now and now dry overnight.
G isn't ready. Well he probably would be ready now but has probably lost confidence.
Yeah exactly what I would've done revalute the situation. My daughter was great tbf but soon as we put pants on her she started weeing so we resulted back to commando. That worked great. She just seems to have tried it because she wanted to save money om nappies 😆

Jc456

VIP Member
Yeh it definitely became once a week or something and then she went off on mat leave. Since then, the civil service has significantly increased their expectations for employees to go into the office, so if she did four days, I highly suspect she’d have to go in half of that.

She’s desperate to “make it” over the next year so that she can jack it all in.
They've recently upped it to 60% in office haven't they? Not sure if that's all departments?
I can't remember where she lives now but there must be civil service jobs closer to home

cosmicstar

Chatty Member
My eldest use to complain about the seatbelt sometimes and I just explained "mummy wears a belt and daddy wears a belt, we all wear a belt!" and that's been enough for now 😂 But of course she has only just turned 2 and George is nearly 4 so the tide might change later on.

In general if you explain things to children regularly in a way that makes sense to them they eventually accept what you say. If you just shout at them without an explanation or try to bribe them they have no reasons to understand why to stop a behaviour.

Thinkevilthoughts

She blocked me on ig a few weeks ago so this latest vlog is the only thing I've seen, I'm 12mins in and i can't watch the rest. That little boy has no rules or boundaries the whinging at everything and then the "i want" for his toy, i might be picky but I'd be correcting that straight away to "please can i have" especially after the whining. And her asking him to get dressed and he got distracted and she instantly gave up instead of telling him no and to come back. She 100% permissive i dont understand how she hasn't driven herself mad and got to the point of having enough and just saying no. Also he's nearly 4 maybe if she told him to get dressed himself he'd be more inclined i know with my son who about the same age the first night asked him to try and put his pjs on he was rolling on the floor fake crying acting like it was the hardest task in the world but after that when he realised he could do it there was no problem he doesn't like me helping anymore. She needs to realise hes growing up and it will all get worse if she doesn't change her ways now and his future teachers will be the ones who get the brunt of it too.
Can you come to my house please? 🤣 need you to sort out my 4 year old. He won’t do anything himself

Here4daLOLZ

George's behaviour, George being a typical 3 year old, just George's existence in general (Ashamed to say I watched it)
See if having a wild child is making her money, I'm going to start blogging and sticking an emoji over my wains face. Mine is a different level sometimes. I mean this weekend alone could have seen me in a psychiatric facility but I kinda just expect that's what parenting is like and one day he'll move out and I'll miss it 🤷🏼‍♀️

myst3ry

I think it’s because she realises she was quite cold in those first few months and she won’t get that time back. I adored the months of contact naps but definitely love that my LO naps in their cot now haha. But it was such a lovely time! So many instamoms rush to sleep train and show off how self sufficient their baby is - and then look back and realised they’ll never get those cuddles and contact naps back.

Jc456

VIP Member
Has anyone heard about the government's initiative to cut down 72,000 jobs in the civil service, particularly "those in offices"? 😂 I wonder if the changes will affect Shan eventually.
Yes I saw that. My friends being saying for a while her office may being closed and moved into one where there's a few different government departments

Levi89

why should she put his washing away? genuine question
I don't put my husbands away 😆 he has his games room with draws/wardrobe in, I wash & fold it- put it on his draws and shut the door 🤣 ain't got time for that aswell as everything else so I actually applaud her for that 😅 ash doesn't seem to so much else so 🤣
---
George must be over 1m tall, my little boy is about the same as George a few weeks older and he actually is under 1m and he is very small for his age (I’m 4ft11 and his dad is 5ft7) and he’s almost 1m, so George must be taller.
My girl has just turnt 3 and she is 99cm but her cousin is 4 in October (similar to george) and he is smaller then my girl..so he could quite possible be smaller

Jc456

VIP Member
Omg I'm just watching her recent Q&A vlog and I had to run here when she said she would really like to work within the department of Education......she also made it seem like she has a high up role and how her say would help create new policies when we all know she's basically a PA, so.......?!?!

I shall resume the vlog and no doubt dash back when something else ridiculous is said.
Wonder if there's a vacancy with dfe on the intranet. They've got some external

Jc456

VIP Member
I think she must be. Statutory pay is only 1 year and she must have started it from, at least, Halle's birth, early July last year. That means in a few weeks that money will be over, if it isn't already (my guess is that it is). So technically her only source of income is from self-employment.

What I am dubious about is her employer holding her job for over 2 years after going on maternity. It seems hugely generous and frankly I am doubtful that it is true.
You can take up to 3 years of extended unpaid leave in the civil service

myst3ry

Same!!! I merely liked a negative comment on Kate Lawlers Instagram once (someone else I liked to hate follow) and she blocked me so don't want to lose the only other one I have left 😂

If you want a synopsis of her new vlog:

Skin&me advert

There seems to be no actual "routine" as Geroge and Ash basically watch tv/play Xbox while she cooks dinner. I usually make dinner earlier in the day then it just needs reheating at actual mealtime which is so much easier, especially after nursery. Don't see why she can't maybe do that especially while she's still on mat leave?!

George falls asleep in living room while she's in kitchen and Ash is bathing Halle.

Leaves George with Ash to go do a workout (which is absolutely fine) but he's still awake when she's finished an hour later?!

Ends with another skin&me plug.

I don't understand why she doesn't use the outhouse office thing in the garden they have to workout in? She says George hears here downstairs so doesn’t settle. Why not use that space?!

You're welcome 😊🤣
it was only 7, so if he’dfallen asleep at half 5 then woken up like, no wonder he was awake? That’s surely too early for a kid that is usually going to bed much much later? Wasn’t this the issue she had before George was napping wasaaay too late in the day?
---
Nice to see her doing some self care but does she have to do it while naked? Just put a dressing gown on 😭

Or she's trying to make out that she does it on her own so it seems like she's got more on her plate. I noticed she said "we" but who knows what she's refering to. She's vlogged so I guess we will find out. I've noticed she often makes it look like she's on her own then people on here say something then she will post a pic that includes ash 🤣

Puffin_island

VIP Member
I’m also interested by this talk of missing wedding rings 👀
I didn't wear my engagement ring for maybe the first 6 months after having my baby because I was worried it would scratch her but did have my wedding band on. I've just scanned her Insta and she did have it on until the start of Feb according to pictures! 🕵🏽‍♀️

cosmicstar

Chatty Member
I'm sure she said she spent time living in France growing up so that's probably where her French comes from. I'm surprised she doesn't bang on about that more really.
I honestly feel she is far from fluent/ bilingual and that if she was she would be milking it. Having her content translated would give her a much wider audience for example. She could have boasted about it in that French trip she took with Ash too. But nothing.