Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Sophs2095

I get the impression she’s in it ALL the time 😭🙈

I also just went and watched the bit of the vlog people were chatting about with Halle crying and ah,heartbreaking!Why she put that on the internet I don’t know.
Which bit is it please? I’ve watched the vlog but missed it

cosmicstar

Chatty Member
Shan commented on fabandelle’s latest reel and it made me feel so bad for her, as much as fabandelle have absolutely lost the plot lately they seem to have such a good relationship and I think Shan must see that and feel shit that she doesn’t.
I don't follow her - how has she lost the plot?

For sure Shan is resentful about anyone/everyone having more support with childcare than she does. For once, that's not actually her fault though. She does have the option to control her feelings about it however.

cosmicstar

Chatty Member
Wouldn't shock me if she or more likely her family knew someone who had connections. She doesn't seem like someone who would thrive in that kind of job role. Maybe it was connections or just pure luck- I doubt it was having a passion or great knowledge of politics, admin and other skills you may need to work in that role.
She did do Politics A-level, which she reworded to "Political Science and Government". From looking at her college's site, it looks like the modules she did to get the one single A-level are: UK Politics, UK Government, Global Politics but ultimately, one single A-level. Her college does HNDs and other courses but none other in Politics. And if she had an HND I am sure she'd be shouting it from the rooftops. Pretty poor as far as education goes.

She mentions she is fluent in French in her profile. I'm sorry but I don't buy it. We would not hear the end of it if that was the truth.

She has also "enhanced" a few roles she had. It's quite bemusing 🤣 She micromanages her own finances so I can see her doing the same thing for someone's agenda but that's about it. It won't come from a position of knowledge.

The skills she has been "endorsed" for also make her sounds like some entry-level admin 😂

1712156275432.png

graceanatomy

Chatty Member
My husband worked in dfe until recently and it doesn't seem like it's particularly hard to get into tbh and they are frequently advertising for new people so I wouldn't be surprised if she did end up there when she goes back

Srb93

Where can I watch the beanbag event I don’t want to watch the whole video if someone could give me a rough time please

cosmicstar

Chatty Member
@Jc456 I see! But Shan's job is highly administrative, and most importantly, there is someone with better experience and a higher level of education currently doing her job. It does not sound as a maternity cover - or at least they don't specify it in their Linkedin, so it sounds as if Shan will have to end up doing something else. Cause I can't see this other person job-sharing unless they move them onto another role?

myst3ry

I don't follow her - how has she lost the plot?

For sure Shan is resentful about anyone/everyone having more support with childcare than she does. For once, that's not actually her fault though. She does have the option to control her feelings about it however.
Have a look at their thread 🤣🙈 TLDR: both quit their jobs and started exploiting their kids online instead, lost all their originality and are now desperately trying to become generic influencers. Always getting into arguments with followers because they’re right 100% of the time - and did you know they had twins?

I truly can’t imagine ash coming home from work and bringing peace and serenity to their household, he seems like just an absolute liability for Shan

Nosymum

VIP Member
My question is, what housework does Ash do if she seems to be doing everything and childcare?!
I actually wondered if her suddenly going on about the house not needing to be tidied was in retaliation to ash moaning about it or something. I could well be wrong though!

Jc456

VIP Member
Would she be able to back into the same job? For example, at my work when legal secretaries went on mat leave many ended up in completely different departments when they came back, because they had been replaced in the meantime
They'd get someone in on loan/secondment to cover while she's away. If her role wasn't there for any reason in 12 months then she'd go somewhere else at the same grade but they'd usually hold it for you. My mum is civil service and was loaned to universal credit for 12 months and then went back to her job at ONS and was still managing the same team.

Emsie

VIP Member
But the comment wasn't about you. Unless your state of mind is also seriously affected by messy toys as well as Shan's. Nor about dropping the essentials like cleaning clothes etc.

Shan is stressed about toys laying about and it's clearly affecting her mental health that she cannot tidy them up immediately. She will never get to tidy everything immediately with two small babies around.

Is your mental health affected by the stuff you cannot get to tidy on 'time' to the extend it ruins your whole week? Shan's seems to. She can ask Ash when he is around but if he is working 12 hour days then he simply isn't available. A cleaner isn't going to be picking up toys for 12 hours a day just for you, unless you have the dosh to pay her 2 salaries.

It's obvious she gets to do enough stuff in the evening and during naps. Just not enough for her liking.
Eh?! I think something has been lost in translation here.
Kids having every single toy they own out tips me over the edge for sure but I have coping mechanisms like a few out a few in I don't whinge on the gram, taking photos when I could easily pick them up if it's bothering me so much.
G is at an age where he can start to pack his own toys away.
But toys aren't housework imo. Housework has to be done. Picking up toys as you go would be individual to that person.

sageandoak

We’ve just had our bathroom done and had to use my grandmothers shower for a couple of weeks while the plumbing was sorted and then tiling was done around the bath. We managed without flooring and a sink for a few weeks. But it has been hard. And we’ve got one very good 4 year old.
And that was with a builder here every day doing it bit by bit.
Maybe this weekend he’s getting the bath and tiling done around the bath. Considering she has so much income I don’t know why she would have Ash do it in his spare time.

Super_Berry

VIP Member
Didn't she work from home every day anyway? I'm sure she only had the very occasional commute to do. It's like she's justifying it to herself/others. She's so full of shit. I can't wrap my head around the mother who hates every single aspect of parenting and it not shy in voicing that is attempting to be a SAHM. There is no way she's going to cope when Halle starts moving and becoming a toddler and doesn't nap as much, I assume this is when she'll stick her in nursery more but try and keep it quiet. As she even said herself, she doesn't have a single other thing to talk about other than being a mum, it's so fucking boring. Even if she spoke about a new book she was enjoying or a tv series, but no. She desperately needs to find some new interests.
I'm pretty sure she has to commute once a week or maybe twice. It certainly wasn't every day by any means.

Liz9229

If I had 2 children that had both woke at night and my husband slept through it and it was the weekend, I would actively wake him up and make him go tend to one child while I looked after the other one. He literally just comes across as a sperm donor then has Shan mother him too.

Oh but wait, it's fine for him to be excused because he built the kitchen she so badly designed as he once said in a text she shared......!

If she can't see how useless he is coming across, can't her family or friends see it?! I don't even feel sorry for Shan at this point.
Oooo what text was that? I don’t remember that!

I haven't watched it but bahahahaha to one of the tips being turning off screens. 'Do as I say, not as I do'.

I actually really like the loop engage earplugs. I only pull them out in desperate times when everyone is ill and there's a lot of crying/shouting - and only when I'm in the same room as them. You can still hear everything and respond, but if you're one of those parents where your kid's cries set off an 'emergency, emergency' type siren in your brain (I am 🙈), they take the edge off so you can more calmly prioritise and problem solve who needs what. Very expensive for what they are though.