Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

cosmicstar

Chatty Member
Agree with this, I’m calling BS. I know she said she lived there but I really feel as though if she was, she’d have been teaching the kids to be bilingual from when they were little, even though she’s not a French native. It just opens so many doors.
Me too. And exactly!! Living there could've been for a year or 3 months. That will hardly make you bilingual, specially if it was when you were much younger and you haven't kept on learning.

I was technically trilingual once but one language I haven't used since I moved to the UK in my late teens and although I still understand it I can't speak it anymore. But I don't include it in my Linkedin profile, and I definitely do not claim to be fluent in it there.

Her actual CV must be so full of lies....

Reactions: 1

cosmicstar

Chatty Member
Is Shan trying the baby weaning/feeding route now to make content? I mean, yes what mummy makes/Rebecca Wilson managed to make it big from it but even she's an awful social media influencer and most of her recipes are actually terrible.
I follow a few weaning accounts but I didn't know who she was but my... her recipes in her IG look awful. How did she make it big??

Shan just made vegetable pancakes 😂 Probably as far as her cooking skill stretch to.

Emsie

VIP Member
She doesn't have a bedtime routine so reading books isn't part of it. It would actually be so nice to see a post about favourite books to read. That would actually be quite mature, rather than shoving them in front of the TV all the time.
This is the kind of mum content I'd enjoy.

• Heart
👏👏👏👏👏👏 I'm so glad our mate Shan has let us know how proud of us she is 🤣 like it coming from her means anything 😂 she's literally talking about all mums there. wonder if she realises that or if she thinks she has it particularly bad 🙃

GamerLlama87

Chatty Member
big feral kids in the baby area is the bane of my fucking life. actually put me off going to soft plays
This! My little boy got absolutely trampled in a ball pool once by feral older kids pissing about in areas they shouldn't be in. One jumped from the top of a small "slide" (like a triangular shaped block of soft play) and essentially dive bombed into the ball pool, landing on top of my son who would have been maybe like 9 months or so at the time. Just big enough to shuffle about in a small ball pool. No one seemed to notice or came to apologise, couldn't see anyone that appeared to be watching the older boy!

Got a 3 month old girl now and I'm sure it'll be a similar story when she's big enough to try to enjoy such things 🙄

• Sad

graceanatomy

Chatty Member
I watched some of her latest vlog and it is just such tragic viewing. Again she just repeats herself over and over, almost as though she wasn't happy with the recording so recorded the same conversation again but then forgot and left both versions in. She's useless. Also... she puts Halle down for a nap and then is filming her and George in another room and Halle is just crying her eyes out in the background. Like, sure, sometimes one of my babies is crying while I am dealing with the other one and there's not much I can do about it - I don't like it but there you go- but I am not FILMING it and putting it out there.

Nosymum

VIP Member
So Halle broke her camera that was on a tripod Shan left in the same room as Halle. She should have been more worried about Halle grabbing the tripod and the camera smacking her in the head
Exactly what I thought the damage she could have done pulling that over onto her self poor little girl.

ohsosweet

Does it count as Halle standing/walking if Shan is literally pulling her up and forcing her to take steps? How is she not even rolling at 10/11 months? I know every child is different but it does sound like she is really delayed with her milestones. I always heard that girls develop quicker than boys. I walked/talked way earlier than my younger brother. And my little girl also hit most milestones quicker than my boy.
I feel like it doesn’t count. No wonder really when she was in the carrycot of the pram for so long!
Having one of each, my girl (eldest) crawled at 7 months, could sit herself up at 8 months, stood at 9 months and was walking at 11 months. My youngest, my son, rolled both ways at 3 months, was expertly crawling by 5 months, could sit himself up and pull to stand at he turned 7 months but chose not to start walking until after his first birthday because he was so fast at crawling 😂. So they are all different, but there’s being different and then there’s well behind on multiple milestones.

I’ve only just seen the IG stories but what the hell? Now, I’m assuming it was all for show and that she wouldn’t have a duvet over the top of H in her sleeping bag (or at all hopefully) but she isn’t promoting the safe sleep seven in any way.

Emsie

VIP Member
He's not going to go to sleep whilst he is eating a bloody burger bun is he. She's such a nob I don't think I can even hate watch anymore. Just says the offensive idiotic things all the time.
Whose got ADHD her or G? Cus last I heard she had a chat with the HV about G ... that's not a diagnosis. Of course you don't need a diagnosis to know your child is SEN ... my middle is SEN no formal diagnosis yet but we are well in the process. Not chatting to HVs. We had those chats years ago.

Puffin_island

VIP Member
So I'm ill in bed so just watched the new vlog, I was hoping it'd help me fall asleep. 🤣

I have very basic savings knowledge (my husband deals with that side) but she said George has £3500 in his stocks and shares ISA at the moment by putting in £80/month for the last 3 years. Without interest, 80 times 42 months is £3360 so she hasn't made much money out of it so far. I get it's a long term investment but it's also dependent on the market so it's a bit hit and miss really. If he also had a Cash ISA, fairly sure he'd have more money than that already which she could put some of that money into her stocks and shares one if she wanted?!

She claims she's "passionate" about savings but basically just talked about one particular type of savings account and shared an online calculator that shows projected money from your savings without explaining it into simple terms for people that have zero understanding. She also said she used moneysavingexpert, which is what most people tend to do anyway. She probably thinks she's Martin Lewis 😂 She's not passionate about savings, she's passionate about having money 😂

Puffin_island

VIP Member
I know it's possible for night dryness at his age but it's can be so hit or miss because it's hormonal I don't think it's worth the hassle! My LG is almost 3 and daytime shes fine but at night we still get the odd wet nappy so wet aren't rushing it at all. We bedshare too so I really don't want to wake and have to change the whole bed.

Shan's probably rushed it to save money on nappies and also so George can go to the toilet alone and she doesn't have to help.

Emsie

VIP Member
Listened to 5 minutes of it (figured the rest would be her just repeating herself anyway). Taking extended mat leave unpaid until September 2025. Halle will take 9 month funding in September and she's gonna make more content. She's definitely going back to work at some point as she has a career path but now she's in her mum era bla bla bla
Will still be eligible for funding

• Heart

Puffin_island

VIP Member
The problem she has is that she doesn't want to spend maybe a week of hard work to tackle the issue to resolve an ongoing problem for months because it's too much work for her. She says she tries gentle parenting but when it's comes to bedtime routine or a daily routine, she's pretty permissive and then people who don't fully understand gentle parenting confuse the two.

Her latest vlog was a load of drivel. Firstly, the battery thing she has at the starts annoys me as when the battery is showing as "full" the percentage number is zero. 😂😂😂

The other thing that struck me (besides the already mentioned of leaving Halle to cry when she "should be" napping) is when she's trying to get George to go to playgroup, she repeatedly says to him "you don't have to go" because she probably can't be bothered to take them both, but much to her annoyance he still says yes. 😅

sodit

VIP Member
In fire safety stuff as a kid we got taught not to leave the key in, but reasonably nearby - as if it’s your route out and the key has heated up, you might burn your hand. Thinking on it there’s loads of reasons for/against though, and I’ve realised we tend to leave ours in 😅
Not for fear of being broken into though - if that was a concern I’d add an extra style of lock to the door.

Puffin_island

VIP Member
It can't have been "carnage" if George managed to fall asleep on the sofa. She's obviously just out an overstimulating tv programme on to occupy him theb he falls asleep. If it was carnage, she could have added getting changed and ready for bed into that then if he starts getting tired then literally just go to bed with him. Job done!

I know every child is different but my LG is 6 months younger than George. Around September last year, we noticed if she was napping, bedtimes were such a battle and getting later and later so we began cutting out her nap. It was tough as she'd start flagging around 4/5pm but I'd seen a video by Sarah Ockwell-Smith (love her) that said to basically make that time super energetic as possible and they'll battle through it and to then do your bedtime routine. We did that and now we have no naps and start out bedtime routine around 6.15. I shared her video to others who have practiced it and they've found it so helpful too so I know it's not just a one off but if advice. Occasionally we see her flagging around 5pm but we have a wild half hour then start bedtime routine a bit earlier. Since then, it's all been so much easier. If she goes to bed that bit earlier than usual, we know she'll be up earlier but we can mentally prepare ourselves for that and get an early night ourselves and whichever parents turn it is knows we'll be up earlier with her.

I'm about to go watch her vlog but I'm already raging inside knowing she's basically leaving Halle cry.

ohsosweet

I'm interested in the potty training because she's been doing it for months and is still constantly whinging about wet beds and changes of clothes. G clearly isn't ready!
And defo not ready for nighttime dryness. My eldest wasn't dry at night until age 6. My middle was dry at night at 3. They are all different and there's nothing you can do about it.
If he's still, after all this time, having accidents in the day like she intimates he clearly isn't ready.
Conversely, he probably is ready at 3.5 for daytime, she’s just never bothered to actually do it properly. Just expects him to know what to do. My 3.5 year old isn’t dry overnight either and that’s fine by me. Too much expectation on the poor boy!

Looks like yet another vlog of her rehashing everything she’s already discussed in the past.

Emsie

VIP Member
I haven’t watched, does she actually wear earplugs around her children?
She's defo mentioned it before! I don't know why because apart from the obvious issue of ignoring your kids, I once had a podcast on in the kitchen making dinner and my two little ones were in the front room with the TV on and the baby started crying and my toddler started narrating everything that had happened that day and with the podcast and TV it was a massive sensory overload for me. Never again 🤣

cosmicstar

Chatty Member
There never seems to be any mention of any family apart from Shans mum. Apart from the occasional mention of Ash’s sister do they have anything to do with his family?
I've asked this question before - specially because they were moving to where they are mostly to be near family. But now they dont see anyone?!

Nosymum

VIP Member
What a shocker moaning kids weren’t asleep until 10pm last night maybe don’t let him nap so late knowing what will happen Shan!! These reels are so cringy embarrassed for her! Such a waste of time and energy too!

ohsosweet

I honestly feel she is far from fluent/ bilingual and that if she was she would be milking it. Having her content translated would give her a much wider audience for example. She could have boasted about it in that French trip she took with Ash too. But nothing.
Agree with this, I’m calling BS. I know she said she lived there but I really feel as though if she was, she’d have been teaching the kids to be bilingual from when they were little, even though she’s not a French native. It just opens so many doors.