HomewithShan #6 Still ignores her kids & asks ‘why does George scream at me?’, would take a poke in eye for free

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Realitively new here...what do her and her partner do that she's able to save £500 in a month? Me and my oh both have decent jobs, mortgage, share a car and have a child but wouldn't be able to save £500 a month if I tried (and I'm v savvy with money)
The difference is you probably don't mind spending some money to take your child out to places and buying them (and yourself) decent healthy food. You probably have friends or family you go out with for a coffee, if you see a cute item of clothing for your child you probably buy it, you actually buy toys for your child!!! G only ever gets toys for his birthday or Christmas. Also, you probably don't spend every moment of your life being so clinical trying to find a way to make some pennies or save them from all the savings pots you have. She's only does what she does because she has no friends to brag to and even though she obviously doing quite "well" financially, she's still miserable that it's not enough and will probably never be happy with how much money she has.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 9
@Puffin_island BEST summary I've ever read! That's exactly how. And she also uses all her kickbacks and discount codes to buy any stuff she actually needs.

The funny thing is that Shan has NIL knowledge of finance or budgeting. For example, if she is saving towards a car in the next couple of years, it makes more sense to put it in an ISA or a savings account with a high return, but she never talks about how she invests the money she saves.

Or it would make sense to pay off more off her mortgage if she isn't putting any money towards her pension. So at least the money is invested in something that is likely to bear a long-term return. She mentioned she is averse to financing/debt. But if you can get low interest debt and invest it at a higher return, it's a great way to make money. She literally has no clue further than putting money in pockets.

For anyone that is interested, here's a small influencer I follow for finance tips (she's an actual accountant which helps); https://www.youtube.com/@KiranKaurFinance

Reactions: 2
Also, she hasn't taken H to any baby classes and she's almost a year old. Most places even have free ones at local children's centres so she can't even say it's because of cost. She uses everyone being judgey as an excuse but she probably hasn't gone because she can't go and record herself there and try make that time into content to make money from it. And also in social situations things don't revolve around her and that's all she really cares about.

Reactions: 4
In her video she also says she budgets £50 a month for days out, museums, that kind of thing. Considering she documents everything she does, she literally must never use or add to the “pot” because they do sod all at the weekends, apart from her escaping to Aldi.

• Haha
In her video she also says she budgets £50 a month for days out, museums, that kind of thing. Considering she documents everything she does, she literally must never use or add to the “pot” because they do sod all at the weekends, apart from her escaping to Aldi.
I bet half of that budget goes on her coffee at soft play

Reactions: 3
I bet half of that budget goes on her coffee at soft play
But probably not buying G anything there because she always says she takes him rice cakes a packed lunch to softplay. Which most softplays don't even allow. I know we all probably take things out on the sly but I would still buy something for my child while out, especially if I'm getting something myself!
---
@Puffin_island

The funny thing is that Shan has NIL knowledge of finance or budgeting. For example, if she is saving towards a car in the next couple of years, it makes more sense to put it in an ISA or a savings account with a high return, but she never talks about how she invests the money she saves.
Every body I know, including myself or people who are money savvy, always mention the money saving expert page /Martin Lewis. Shan probably thinks she's better than him.
The only savings she's ever mentioned is the stocks and shares one, which in the long run could potentially give really good returns but you have to wait YEARS. A decent cash ISA is a good way to get some intrest within a year and then you have the money to either invest again or use. She also does bang on about not liking having debt but in past vlogs she says she's still laying off her car or kitchen. Unless it's 0% intrest, which is very rare for car finance anyway, she's probably paying more than if she just waited and saved longer but she is a real life Verruca Salt.

i-want-it-now.gif

Last edited:
  • Heart
She feeds her children crackers instead of fruit 😂 She just gets income from social media plus, influencer gifts cover a lot of her purchases like Amazon, food etc. So that's how she is able to save. Her husband is a "tradie" (her own words) so doesn't bring in much or at least doesn't pay for much. You could say she is very "frugal" with money, but she is actually stingy.
Just wanted to say that tradies don’t necessarily make little money, my husband used to be a tradie and was bringing in over £3000 per month after tax, more during busy periods or if he worked Saturdays 🙈 I think in their situation Ash is just not paying for much and keeping more money to himself… also don’t ex military people get some kind of support after their service? Like cash benefits, discounts on stuff etc.

Just wanted to say that tradies don’t necessarily make little money, my husband used to be a tradie and was bringing in over £3000 per month after tax, more during busy periods or if he worked Saturdays 🙈 I think in their situation Ash is just not paying for much and keeping more money to himself… also don’t ex military people get some kind of support after their service? Like cash benefits, discounts on stuff etc.
Yeah I have to agree with this, my partner's dad is a roofer, he's well known in the area and got a great reputation, and they do very well for money. It does sound like Ash is quite standoffish in most aspects of their relationship and household, it's so odd

I didn't meant to imply that tradies in general don't make any money. I know it's far from that! We've had to employ painters, joiners and all sorts to renovate our house and they make a killing!!

The way Shan and A manage finances does make it sound as if he barely makes any money and she is the breadwinner with all the social media earnings. She is always bearing the cost of things out of her own money! Not sure how true that is, but that's just the impression they give.

I didn't meant to imply that tradies in general don't make any money. I know it's far from that! We've had to employ painters, joiners and all sorts to renovate our house and they make a killing!!

The way Shan and A manage finances does make it sound as if he barely makes any money and she is the breadwinner with all the social media earnings. She is always bearing the cost of things out of her own money! Not sure how true that is, but that's just the impression they give.
I get the vibe even if she wasn't making a lot more money and it was only a few quid he'd still want her to pay for more out of principle.

Reactions: 1
She said in her recent budgeting video that she has always earnt more than Ash but now he's left the army he earns significantly more than she does but they still keep everything 50/50 🤷‍♀️

• Wow
She said in her recent budgeting video that she has always earnt more than Ash but now he's left the army he earns significantly more than she does but they still keep everything 50/50 🤷‍♀️
Unreasonable when it’s off the back of having a partner at home. If you’ve got children the only way you can be totally flexible taking on work and take lucrative jobs that might mean setting off at 5am, not getting home until 8pm, picking up weekend work etc is if someone is sorting the kids. So all the money he earns is “his” but her unpaid labour he relies on to go and earn that wage is none of his business 🙄

Reactions: 10
Well this is interesting. He’s still only a beginner tradie with not much experience, also I don’t know what type of work he’s doing, but from his schedule it looks like he is employed by someone on regular basis (not working for himself) so I can’t imagine him making more than £180 a day, that would be just under 3k a month after tax. Is that really significantly more than Shan?
---
Also 50/50 split of expenses if one person is earning significantly more then the other sounds really unfair

Reactions: 8
Very odd way of doing it, but she said in the budgeting video that even when he was earning less he still wanted to pay half, so they’ve continued that, which works to A advantage now he’s earning a lot more 🤭 as now she’s got to contribute her half even though she reduced hours/ sorts kids etc … very unusual set up 🤔

Reactions: 6
They’ve had a nice family day out and she’s STILL moaning about George. You can’t really let a 3 year old in a gift shop and expect them to want a sticker book over a toy really

• Haha
Reactions: 9
They’ve had a nice family day out and she’s STILL moaning about George. You can’t really let a 3 year old in a gift shop and expect them to want a sticker book over a toy really
He's never going to go to for a sticker book, he probably already knows that wherever he places the stickers that his mum will comment that they aren't "in the right place" as she's comes across to me as that kind of person. He's 3, he really doesn't care that the triceratops has gone into the diplodocus page. He also hardly has any toys so of course he'll want one!

Also, the only time she ever mentions books or reading with George is bed time. We have kids books everywhere and my LG will always go round picking one up and bringing it over to read together. He only seems to have a Julia Donaldson set from whenever she mentions books. But then again, reading with your child involves spending time with them so of course Shan can't do that.

• Heart
I've just started watching a bit of her new vlog from this morning. I've probably only watched the first 15mins and I've lost count the number of times I've seen this face being pulled when George is saying anything.

IMG_20240609_080524.jpg

I've just got to the bit where she's given G and H breakfast and left them both UNATTENDED so she can show us the cupboard she wants to declutter!!

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 8
She took them to a museum!! After people mentioned here about her 'days out, museums etc' savings pot!
But of course it was a free museum, and an opportunity to show how terribly behaved George is.

Reactions: 7
Absolutely this! I’m not saying that the toys in gift shops are high quality toys but that’s part of taking your child to a place like that. Plus, she has the money in her days out pot as she claims. All it is, she wants him to do the sticker book and the next day he will have forgotten about it so she can chuck it in the bin. A toy would, god forbid, end up being played with on the floor.