HomewithShan #6 Still ignores her kids & asks ‘why does George scream at me?’, would take a poke in eye for free

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I just find their money set up so blood weird!! I can’t get my head around it

I was less clinical than her with finances with flatmates let alone with my husband 😭
I absolutely agree!

I appreciate the importance of budgeting but she's very fortunate to have a decent income so you'd think they would have some flexibility in income to accommodate unexpected expenses like the locksmith to not impact the weekly shop?!?! She definitely isn't as open about her finances as she claims to be.

Also, i find it hilarious she had to spend her own money to treat herself to a spa day on her birthday. I generally ask for vouchers or money for presents, couldn't someone have given her that towards the spa day?!? This just shows how she has very few friends or family she's actually close to.

Reactions: 3
It's madness me and my husband have naturally put all our earnings together its never been a conversation or an issue, i would never dream of asking him to pay for something because i want to keep my money separate i know not every couple share money but when your married with kids and a mortgage isn't it normal!!??

Reactions: 6
It's madness me and my husband have naturally put all our earnings together its never been a conversation or an issue, i would never dream of asking him to pay for something because i want to keep my money separate i know not every couple share money but when your married with kids and a mortgage isn't it normal!!??
As time has gone on, I've learnt how insane some couples are with their finances and it blows my mind with some of the stories I've heard.

The new video is up. How I budget as a self employed mum 🤣🤣🤣🤣 she’s still employed until September
I think she must be. Statutory pay is only 1 year and she must have started it from, at least, Halle's birth, early July last year. That means in a few weeks that money will be over, if it isn't already (my guess is that it is). So technically her only source of income is from self-employment.

What I am dubious about is her employer holding her job for over 2 years after going on maternity. It seems hugely generous and frankly I am doubtful that it is true.

Reactions: 2
I think she must be. Statutory pay is only 1 year and she must have started it from, at least, Halle's birth, early July last year. That means in a few weeks that money will be over, if it isn't already (my guess is that it is). So technically her only source of income is from self-employment.

What I am dubious about is her employer holding her job for over 2 years after going on maternity. It seems hugely generous and frankly I am doubtful that it is true.
You can take up to 3 years of extended unpaid leave in the civil service

You can take up to 3 years of extended unpaid leave in the civil service
Would she be able to back into the same job? For example, at my work when legal secretaries went on mat leave many ended up in completely different departments when they came back, because they had been replaced in the meantime

Would she be able to back into the same job? For example, at my work when legal secretaries went on mat leave many ended up in completely different departments when they came back, because they had been replaced in the meantime
They'd get someone in on loan/secondment to cover while she's away. If her role wasn't there for any reason in 12 months then she'd go somewhere else at the same grade but they'd usually hold it for you. My mum is civil service and was loaned to universal credit for 12 months and then went back to her job at ONS and was still managing the same team.

How does she only spend £200 a month on food and that includes Hello Fresh?! I’m sorry I don’t believe that for a second- I bet that’s what she THINKS she spends on groceries.

Reactions: 5
They'd get someone in on loan/secondment to cover while she's away. If her role wasn't there for any reason in 12 months then she'd go somewhere else at the same grade but they'd usually hold it for you. My mum is civil service and was loaned to universal credit for 12 months and then went back to her job at ONS and was still managing the same team.
There is already a guy in her role who has been there a few months with no indication that he is on a secondment/maternity cover. More experienced than Shan. When/if she returns, they'll have to either offer that guy a new role or her.
---
How does she only spend £200 a month on food and that includes Hello Fresh?! I’m sorry I don’t believe that for a second- I bet that’s what she THINKS she spends on groceries.
She gives her kids breadsticks and rice cakes for snacks instead of fruit, that's how! 😆

Reactions: 1
That will be ‘her half’ they weirdly split everything strictly down the middle!

There is already a guy in her role who has been there a few months with no indication that he is on a secondment/maternity cover. More experienced than Shan. When/if she returns, they'll have to either offer that guy a new role or her.
---

She gives her kids breadsticks and rice cakes for snacks instead of fruit, that's how! 😆
So if he's on loan he would extend covering Shan if his line manager is ok with that or go back to his usual department

So if he's on loan he would extend covering Shan if his line manager is ok with that or go back to his usual department
I won't share his name for privacy reasons, since he has nothing to do with this, but this is his "CV". So he came from MoD and I know the NSO has links to MoD as well. It just doesn't sound like a maternity cover at all.

1717681960542.png

Do you think that Shan never gets invited to places? Like I’ve been Ellie Polly post that she’s at a joy of clean event with Emily norris and that Liv who pretends she has mental problems. Both low level compared to Emily but still invited. I do wonder if Shan gets invited; it doesn’t seem so 👀 I wonder if it bothers her seeing as though it seems Liv is fairly new on the YouTube scene and Shan has been (trying) for years

---

What she saves on pull ups for George she spends on laundry detergent washing the wet bedding every day 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Do you think that Shan never gets invited to places? Like I’ve been Ellie Polly post that she’s at a joy of clean event with Emily norris and that Liv who pretends she has mental problems. Both low level compared to Emily but still invited. I do wonder if Shan gets invited; it doesn’t seem so 👀 I wonder if it bothers her seeing as though it seems Liv is fairly new on the YouTube scene and Shan has been (trying) for years
I don't think she does because she flits around so much with what her USP is so companies don't see any point in having her because she's so fickle. I know most influencers are but others a least maintain the main focus of their content.
I bet if she did get any invites, she couldn't actually go to them as nobody would be able to look after G & H because she lacks any sort of support network and refuses to pay anything extra for childcare.

Reactions: 4
Realitively new here...what do her and her partner do that she's able to save £500 in a month? Me and my oh both have decent jobs, mortgage, share a car and have a child but wouldn't be able to save £500 a month if I tried (and I'm v savvy with money)

Realitively new here...what do her and her partner do that she's able to save £500 in a month? Me and my oh both have decent jobs, mortgage, share a car and have a child but wouldn't be able to save £500 a month if I tried (and I'm v savvy with money)
She feeds her children crackers instead of fruit 😂 She just gets income from social media plus, influencer gifts cover a lot of her purchases like Amazon, food etc. So that's how she is able to save. Her husband is a "tradie" (her own words) so doesn't bring in much or at least doesn't pay for much. You could say she is very "frugal" with money, but she is actually stingy.

Reactions: 4