HomewithShan #6 Still ignores her kids & asks ‘why does George scream at me?’, would take a poke in eye for free

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Where did they say this? I thought the guidance was to only give semi skimmed to children with obesity/weight issues.
I'm fairly sure it was only in the last month or so that I heard it. I can't remember where but I just googled and It's on the NHS website now and I also found this which was published at the start of May. It also says skimmed milk shouldn't be given until at least the age of 5.

• Heart
Reactions: 1
She's such a sadfisher. She claims she almost got kicked out of softplay this weekend but it basically seems G was playing in the under 3s area and they got asked to take him out. There's a reason why places do that, and it's Shan's eyes it's because the place were obviously judging her, not because it's nice for the younger ones to have a somewhere to play without the big kids being boisterous around them. 🙄

Reactions: 6
She's such a sadfisher. She claims she almost got kicked out of softplay this weekend but it basically seems G was playing in the under 3s area and they got asked to take him out. There's a reason why places do that, and it's Shan's eyes it's because the place were obviously judging her, not because it's nice for the younger ones to have a somewhere to play without the big kids being boisterous around them. 🙄
She is 100% just fishing for likes with the soft play story, she is not exactly sharing WHY they were asked to move is she. They were either in the baby area as you say in which case they absolutely should be asked to move. I too judge parents who are inconsiderate and just slam a “boisterous” label on their kids to cover up their sht parenting. Or they were being unsafe around others and Shan didn’t want to parent G, like the beanbag throwing incident.

Reactions: 5
Surely she shouldn’t be filming that much in the soft play? All those little peoples faces not blurred although I suppose it was most likely Ash that made her blur Halle and George’s faces in the Vlogs so maybe I shouldn’t be surprised.

Reactions: 3
She was rightly asked to move from the baby bit (as she absolutely should, there was nothing I hated more than bigger kids running feral who shouldn’t be in there knocking into/knocking over my son) and she translates that to almost being kicked out and judged for her parenting?! 😂 why let him in there in the first place? If I was another parent with a smaller child there and George was being a little tit and being dangerous I’d have no issues in telling him off myself since his useless mother refuses to and ignores it.

Reactions: 4
She was rightly asked to move from the baby bit (as she absolutely should, there was nothing I hated more than bigger kids running feral who shouldn’t be in there knocking into/knocking over my son) and she translates that to almost being kicked out and judged for her parenting?! 😂 why let him in there in the first place? If I was another parent with a smaller child there and George was being a little tit and being dangerous I’d have no issues in telling him off myself since his useless mother refuses to and ignores it.
big feral kids in the baby area is the bane of my bleeping life. actually put me off going to soft plays

Reactions: 11
big feral kids in the baby area is the bane of my bleeping life. actually put me off going to soft plays
It’s always the parents with their eyes glued to their phone as well just letting their kids do what they want. I imagine Shan was probably the same

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Why is she so insistent all of a sudden to highlight the fact that ash vapes? Posting twice in a row what’s in his pockets? Very bizarre.. I wonder if she still vapes herself.

Reactions: 2
I also fully think she was letting him run amock and endangering babies in the baby area used to drive me insane as like others say it’s always those parents who aren’t paying attention or won’t say no to their kids. If I didn’t give my 4 year old a countdown when we are leaving what we are doing she’d probably kick off at leaving places but there are ways to help. I get the feeling she blames everything on ‘boisterous boy’ behaviour.

I hope H turns into a "boisterous girl" she seems to think she is going to sit still and play nicely just because she's a girl. She will most likely copy what he brother does. Shan is insufferable. Every post and video banging on about the same old thing. 🥱 and if she says the word trenches again 🤯

• Haha
This! My little boy got absolutely trampled in a ball pool once by feral older kids pissing about in areas they shouldn't be in. One jumped from the top of a small "slide" (like a triangular shaped block of soft play) and essentially dive bombed into the ball pool, landing on top of my son who would have been maybe like 9 months or so at the time. Just big enough to shuffle about in a small ball pool. No one seemed to notice or came to apologise, couldn't see anyone that appeared to be watching the older boy!

Got a 3 month old girl now and I'm sure it'll be a similar story when she's big enough to try to enjoy such things 🙄

• Sad
Oh grow up shan no one is actually judging your parenting, especially in bloody soft play where all kids are mad.
Apart from me. I am judging it. 🤣
---
Halle isn't even 1 year old yet - why is she giving her cow's milk? Cow's milk can lead to iron deficiency in children under 1 year old as it doesn't have enough of iron nor vitamin E, zinc, and essential fatty acids. The fat in cows milk can also be really hard for little ones to digest. In can even lead to intestinal bleeding in some cases. Halle also needs the fats of full fat milk for brain development and at least the additional vitamins it has over skimmed or semi skimmed
To clarify, she was giving her semi in the fritter things she was making. Not in her bottle. I don't want to spread fake news.
If it was me H would be having full fat in her porridge and fritters though.

I have a girl who is very "boisterous" 🫠 there's an under 3s area at our soft play but I'd never let her in there if there were younger children in there even though she was the age for it. Just because 😅 if there was one child in there I'd see how she got on but soon as as she started being too much I just remove her.

Some girls are carnage too, not all girls sit there and play quietly 😅 she's in for shock 😅 but then if george is as bad as she makes out maybe she might seem less chaotic then him 🤷🏼‍♀️

I am fully that mum who tells big kids that they need to leave the baby bit 😂 I don't go to soft plays much anymore cause I have found out about literally every playgroup and free/cheap kids activity within a 20 mile radius on every day of the week (why hasn't Shan by now?!?!) so I only resort to soft play nowadays when everything else is unexpectedly cancelled or something. But the baby bit in soft plays is usually rubbish and tiny never mind with bigger kids coming into it and making it unsafe for the babies. I'm just like, hey, you're too big for this bit, you have the entire play area to play in so go and play in it!

im pretty sure Halle still has formula and bits of cows milk in food. I think that's fine, even if it's green. Her main milk is formula.

Why is she so insistent all of a sudden to highlight the fact that ash vapes? Posting twice in a row what’s in his pockets? Very bizarre.. I wonder if she still vapes herself.
Maybe “tradie wife” is going to be her next thing

I used to like her channel when George was tiny but oh my, she really has changed. It is incredibly sad how negative she is about her child. I have a child only a few weeks older than George is and I honestly can't imagine talking about him the way she does. It comes across as if he is just a nuisance to her. It really is just incredibly sad. And all this ADHD chat. To me, it just seems like he is loud /"misbehaving" because he is desperate for attention from his mum. I don't think the amount of telly he watches helps his behaviour either. It didn't with my son hence why we really cut back on telly and it did wonders for his behaviour.

Reactions: 2
I'm fairly sure it was only in the last month or so that I heard it. I can't remember where but I just googled and It's on the NHS website now and I also found this which was published at the start of May. It also says skimmed milk shouldn't be given until at least the age of 5.

Thanks this is really interesting! I still wouldn't give my toddler semi-skimmed though :D I'd want a lot more data behind, plus the extra calories keep them full and I truly believe it's better for them, even if semi-skimmed is ok.

• Heart
Geez Does everything she ever posts about have to be a way for her to make money?

I knew from the moment I read that first story asking for recommendations that it was going to end up with an affiliate link!

We get it, she's skint and now hasn't got a job. But ffs woman, have some self-respect at least.

Attachments

Geez Does everything she ever posts about have to be a way for her to make money?

I knew from the moment I read that first story asking for recommendations that it was going to end up with an affiliate link!

We get it, she's skint and now hasn't got a job. But ffs woman, have some self-respect at least.
Why is she only wanting child locks now H is on the move? She has a nearly 4 year old, surely she should have kitchen cupboards safely locked around him too? Or is his safety not as important as H? Weirdo!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.