Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Jc456

VIP Member
There is already a guy in her role who has been there a few months with no indication that he is on a secondment/maternity cover. More experienced than Shan. When/if she returns, they'll have to either offer that guy a new role or her.
---

She gives her kids breadsticks and rice cakes for snacks instead of fruit, that's how! 😆
So if he's on loan he would extend covering Shan if his line manager is ok with that or go back to his usual department

Reactions: 1

realistic_real_life

If mine told me she had sore legs in the night I’d assume she had RLS and figure out to fix it. If that didn’t work, I’d definitely be taking her to the GP

cosmicstar

Chatty Member
I came to say the same. Will she ever learn?!? So apparently just because daddy is home and he has no nursery tomorrow means he can stay up?!

My 3yr old fell asleep in the car for literally the last 2 mins of the drive home from our day out. I was so tired and would have loved to just plonk on the sofa while she napped but I knew if she had any sleep, we would pay for it at bedtime. Parked up, woke her up and had a bit of a wild 10 mins to perk her up then she was playing happily and bedtime was only 10 mins later than usual.

She's also banging on about period pants as if she's the first in the world to be given a pair. 😂 Sorry Shan but you're not, I've been using them for nearly 6 years now....she's also missed so many other benefits to use as advertising such an better than pads going into landfill, tampons blocking drains and how initial cost might be high but then you NEVER have to spend money on period stuff again..... If she uses those reasons now.....Hi Shan 👋🏽
You would make a much better influencer than her - I'm convinced :D

I'm the furthest from being a prude, but if I was doing the ad, I would just show the product, and even do close-ups so everyone can see how thin/great quality the material is etc. But there's no way I would put my jeans down and show my underwear knowing she has a high following and some of those might be pervvy men. Is it just me?

I already get unwarranted requests from men without doing any of those things, I can't imagine if I was pulling down my trousers as well. :oops:

• Haha
I was curious about those comments on the video so I watched it...... Surprisingly I actually thought it was ok. She didn't ignore George, she explained everything to him and took them both out etc. so I can kind of understand the people sticking up for her now, regarding that video. However, I don't think that's how she usually is, well I know it's not. And interestingly..... George was (what I thought, I have an almost 3yr old boy) really well behaved! So it just shows that the behaviour issues are linked to lack of attention. I know myself if I don't spend enough time with my son/ we stay in all day he will act up! But rather than moaning to the whole world about it, I usually reflect and realise there's a reason for the behaviour

• Heart

ohsosweet

I’m moving house and was watching packing inspiration on YouTube earlier (instead of packing my own things, of course) and her videos came up as recommended, so I watched them. The first one from when she moved from Lincoln in particular was a really nice video. She came across as very likeable, at ease, so sensitive with G and really like she was bossing it in terms of moving her whole house with a toddler and her (then boyfriend) abroad for work. It seems as though she has been completely drained of that zest as soon as he returned home!

cosmicstar

Chatty Member
Her whole vlog is just proof she has nobody to talk to about life to release some steam.
Thanks for taking one for the team as always!! 💪🏻😃

If she doesn't have time to make quality content, then why even bother?! She should use up the time to be with her family and fix her relationship which looks like it needs some work.

What kind of a parent wants to restrict fluids for their baby?! To reduce H's formula intake she would need equivalent nutritious food (not pizza like she showed) and fluids. Is she going to let her go thirsty instead? Geez, no common sense!

Still no mention of her going back to work. Guess she can't afford it but did not want to say it. Bet she can't wait to go back so she can be away from the kids, the way she talks about them... 🤢 She will then talk about how going to work feels like a spa day 🤣

If Ash works 12 hour days, whos going to pick up the kids from nursery when she has to work in London?! Our local nurseries all close at 6pm and if you are in a regular 9-5, getting back home from London in 1 hour sometimes isn't viable as transport is SO unreliable in the city. It's going to be a struggle for her unless she works fully remote.
---
If she wants G to sleep all night then drop his daytime nap, be prepared to go outside at 4pm for an hour, so he doesnt fall asleep, come home do his tea, bath him into pajamas and put him in his bed for 630. It's really simple. Stop letting him sleep at 4pm. Nob she is.
Absolutely. She has no bedtime routine for him (or Halle that I've seen..!) and then wonders why he doesn't sleep or keeps waking up!

cosmicstar

Chatty Member
I hate to be more on her side with something here lol but I've been to Download several times, twice with kids as part of our party (not mine, friends kids), and we've found it to be really welcoming to children. The biggest downside is the sheer size of the festival site, it's a lot of walking for an adult let alone little legs, but overall it's such a friendly atmosphere
No one was disagreeing with Download being children friendly I think - so you're not siding with her ;) I just feel you can't truly enjoy those type of festivals to the fullest if you are visiting for the day with a very young child. It's not what Download is about.
---
Everyone is always judging her, about to judge her or she is pleased that they did not judge her. Reality is most people don't even notice her or her kid.
Exactly what I thought. She looooves playing martyr.

Puffin_island

VIP Member
Where did they say this? I thought the guidance was to only give semi skimmed to children with obesity/weight issues.
I'm fairly sure it was only in the last month or so that I heard it. I can't remember where but I just googled and It's on the NHS website now and I also found this which was published at the start of May. It also says skimmed milk shouldn't be given until at least the age of 5.

• Heart

Nosymum

VIP Member
My little one quit naps at 1 completely stopped nothing worked and she never slept in the car past this age either, but would have a good bedtime, I understand that’s very early to not nap but how is a 4 year old still napping no wonder she’s got issues at bedtime.plus keeping him in nursery clothes is rank I change and normally bath my daughter when she gets home (she loves a bath and normally asks for one I don’t treat her like she’s covered in germs 🤣)

cosmicstar

Chatty Member
It's really bad of her to mention it for her family's safety. Some people know where she lives and she is just making it obvious the key is going to be easy to grab.

Now, I don't think anyone that posts on here would have bad intentions but this is an open forum and anyone can read. So it's pretty stupid of her.

Puffin_island

VIP Member
We’ve all surely been there at least once when a toddler/child falls asleep in their clothes and it’s pretty much bedtime anyway. You get them out their clothes, into PJs and brush their teeth, surely?! Even if it wakes them up and causes tears or a nightmare bedtime - stressful, sure, but that’s just how it is sometimes. I just absolutely cannot fathom not changing and brushing their teeth before bed.
We have had this happen a handful of times and we still manage to at least get changed into pyjamas. It's generally happened when we're doing bedtime routine too and never just fallen asleep in front of the TV alone. She's just lazy!

cosmicstar

Chatty Member
Because Shan is perfect, so of course anything that's difficult is always someone else's fault!!

Her eye roll at the end of thst reel just sums up how much of a horrible parent she is.
I truly cannot believe this post. Is she just letting her kids cry while she rolls her eyes at them?! She is so heartless.

If I heard one of mine cry like that I'd be all hugs and 'come to mumma. Are you ok?'.

She is a bad excuse for a human being. What is wrong with her??? I swear this one touches on being psychopathic. 😢

Jc456

VIP Member
My eldest is hard work, it's really draining but I just do my best to not let it get to me. Luckily my 2nd is so easy in comparison.
She goes on about everything being a phase but it isn’t, it’s just day to day life! Children are hard work.
Yep, as one phases ends another starts. All part of having kids. Give me a toddler/pre schooler over a teen any day 😂

cosmicstar

Chatty Member
My husband and I take turns all the time to take care of the kids at weekends (we both work full time) so we can each have our own 'me time'. For my husband that could be his haircut or a drink at the pub with a couple of friends. For me a meal out with the girls or literally a 'spa day' where I either go for a facial, get my nails done at a salon or a pamper hair day. We've been doing this since my eldest was weeks old and it's no different to what my other mum friends do with their partners.
I partly feel bad that Shan probably never gets to do this because she has a useless husband but it should be the norm. It's the kind of thing that helps you keep your relationship alive after having children.
---
I saw this on Instagram yesterday and immediately thought of Shan with all her "I'm with you/you're not alone" bullshit reels.
She definitely doesn't have a willing partner.
Spot on. More or less what I was saying at the same time :)

• Heart

cosmicstar

Chatty Member
@Puffin_island Bravo! now if only she read here and took some of your advice.... 👏🏼😬

Couldn't agree more on being a narcissist specially. But she hasn't got many other points of reference as to how other mums have it much harder than her because she has no friends. Vicious circle.