Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Nosymum

VIP Member
Agree, I'm a single mum. No financial support (I'm meant to get £4pw maintenance but doesn't pay lol) , no one to run anything past, no one to rant at if you've had a bad day, not able to nip out without taking the kids, can't leave the house after bedtime. The term solo parenting annoys me tbh
Feel exactly the same! It’s not even nearly the same, even when ash worked out she had someone to talk too and knew he’d be home at weekends or other times. Unless you’ve done it totally alone you’ve no idea. Wow £4 a week that would make a huge difference 🙈 I don’t understand how the absent parent can not even want to help pay for their child. At least we don’t have to share Christmas and birthdays etc, selfishly I don’t know how I’d cope if I had to share custody or even lose a night (of course for my daughter I would and have tried to encourage a relationship)

• Heart
Reactions: 1

cosmicstar

Chatty Member
Please tell me I'm not the only one who finds it annoying that the battery being full says 19% left when maybe it should say 81%? 😂

Thank you - hard to tell without context. Maybe when it's nearly full it means 19% left to charge? Or does she mean how much battery SHE has left?

The main thing I noticed from those images is how low her views are on youtube 🤣

• Haha

Super_Berry

VIP Member
I can't believe I just found this thread. I used to love Shan back when she was solo parenting with George, but not it's a bit much. What does Ash do because I know he doesn't like being on camera but she seems to do everything.

VirgoGossip

Chatty Member
I didn't meant to imply that tradies in general don't make any money. I know it's far from that! We've had to employ painters, joiners and all sorts to renovate our house and they make a killing!!

The way Shan and A manage finances does make it sound as if he barely makes any money and she is the breadwinner with all the social media earnings. She is always bearing the cost of things out of her own money! Not sure how true that is, but that's just the impression they give.
I get the vibe even if she wasn't making a lot more money and it was only a few quid he'd still want her to pay for more out of principle.

Jc456

VIP Member
There is already a guy in her role who has been there a few months with no indication that he is on a secondment/maternity cover. More experienced than Shan. When/if she returns, they'll have to either offer that guy a new role or her.
---

She gives her kids breadsticks and rice cakes for snacks instead of fruit, that's how! 😆
So if he's on loan he would extend covering Shan if his line manager is ok with that or go back to his usual department

realistic_real_life

If mine told me she had sore legs in the night I’d assume she had RLS and figure out to fix it. If that didn’t work, I’d definitely be taking her to the GP

cosmicstar

Chatty Member
I came to say the same. Will she ever learn?!? So apparently just because daddy is home and he has no nursery tomorrow means he can stay up?!

My 3yr old fell asleep in the car for literally the last 2 mins of the drive home from our day out. I was so tired and would have loved to just plonk on the sofa while she napped but I knew if she had any sleep, we would pay for it at bedtime. Parked up, woke her up and had a bit of a wild 10 mins to perk her up then she was playing happily and bedtime was only 10 mins later than usual.

She's also banging on about period pants as if she's the first in the world to be given a pair. 😂 Sorry Shan but you're not, I've been using them for nearly 6 years now....she's also missed so many other benefits to use as advertising such an better than pads going into landfill, tampons blocking drains and how initial cost might be high but then you NEVER have to spend money on period stuff again..... If she uses those reasons now.....Hi Shan 👋🏽
You would make a much better influencer than her - I'm convinced :D

I'm the furthest from being a prude, but if I was doing the ad, I would just show the product, and even do close-ups so everyone can see how thin/great quality the material is etc. But there's no way I would put my jeans down and show my underwear knowing she has a high following and some of those might be pervvy men. Is it just me?

I already get unwarranted requests from men without doing any of those things, I can't imagine if I was pulling down my trousers as well. :oops:

• Haha
I was curious about those comments on the video so I watched it...... Surprisingly I actually thought it was ok. She didn't ignore George, she explained everything to him and took them both out etc. so I can kind of understand the people sticking up for her now, regarding that video. However, I don't think that's how she usually is, well I know it's not. And interestingly..... George was (what I thought, I have an almost 3yr old boy) really well behaved! So it just shows that the behaviour issues are linked to lack of attention. I know myself if I don't spend enough time with my son/ we stay in all day he will act up! But rather than moaning to the whole world about it, I usually reflect and realise there's a reason for the behaviour

• Heart

ohsosweet

I’m moving house and was watching packing inspiration on YouTube earlier (instead of packing my own things, of course) and her videos came up as recommended, so I watched them. The first one from when she moved from Lincoln in particular was a really nice video. She came across as very likeable, at ease, so sensitive with G and really like she was bossing it in terms of moving her whole house with a toddler and her (then boyfriend) abroad for work. It seems as though she has been completely drained of that zest as soon as he returned home!

cosmicstar

Chatty Member
Her whole vlog is just proof she has nobody to talk to about life to release some steam.
Thanks for taking one for the team as always!! 💪🏻😃

If she doesn't have time to make quality content, then why even bother?! She should use up the time to be with her family and fix her relationship which looks like it needs some work.

What kind of a parent wants to restrict fluids for their baby?! To reduce H's formula intake she would need equivalent nutritious food (not pizza like she showed) and fluids. Is she going to let her go thirsty instead? Geez, no common sense!

Still no mention of her going back to work. Guess she can't afford it but did not want to say it. Bet she can't wait to go back so she can be away from the kids, the way she talks about them... 🤢 She will then talk about how going to work feels like a spa day 🤣

If Ash works 12 hour days, whos going to pick up the kids from nursery when she has to work in London?! Our local nurseries all close at 6pm and if you are in a regular 9-5, getting back home from London in 1 hour sometimes isn't viable as transport is SO unreliable in the city. It's going to be a struggle for her unless she works fully remote.
---
If she wants G to sleep all night then drop his daytime nap, be prepared to go outside at 4pm for an hour, so he doesnt fall asleep, come home do his tea, bath him into pajamas and put him in his bed for 630. It's really simple. Stop letting him sleep at 4pm. Nob she is.
Absolutely. She has no bedtime routine for him (or Halle that I've seen..!) and then wonders why he doesn't sleep or keeps waking up!

cosmicstar

Chatty Member
I hate to be more on her side with something here lol but I've been to Download several times, twice with kids as part of our party (not mine, friends kids), and we've found it to be really welcoming to children. The biggest downside is the sheer size of the festival site, it's a lot of walking for an adult let alone little legs, but overall it's such a friendly atmosphere
No one was disagreeing with Download being children friendly I think - so you're not siding with her ;) I just feel you can't truly enjoy those type of festivals to the fullest if you are visiting for the day with a very young child. It's not what Download is about.
---
Everyone is always judging her, about to judge her or she is pleased that they did not judge her. Reality is most people don't even notice her or her kid.
Exactly what I thought. She looooves playing martyr.