HomewithShan #6 Still ignores her kids & asks ‘why does George scream at me?’, would take a poke in eye for free

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Didn't she work from home every day anyway? I'm sure she only had the very occasional commute to do. It's like she's justifying it to herself/others. She's so full of tit. I can't wrap my head around the mother who hates every single aspect of parenting and it not shy in voicing that is attempting to be a SAHM. There is no way she's going to cope when Halle starts moving and becoming a toddler and doesn't nap as much, I assume this is when she'll stick her in nursery more but try and keep it quiet. As she even said herself, she doesn't have a single other thing to talk about other than being a mum, it's so bleeping boring. Even if she spoke about a new book she was enjoying or a tv series, but no. She desperately needs to find some new interests.

Reactions: 3
I don't know about you guys, but I don't want to see a shabby house and messy cupboards full of carrier bags. I want curated lines and organisation on my feed. If I wanted to look at a cupboard full of carrier bags I'd just look at my own. I don't like this realistic life she tries to portray. It's not even realistic for us minions as we are all doing so much more. This is where I prefer her buddy liv as she has nice things to look at.
I'm so shallow 🤣 probably going against the grain but I don't compare myself to social media influencers. I know its lies but I still want to see it 🤣 I don't want to see sweaty softplay and piles of washing I can just look at my own lovely life for that.

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Didn't she work from home every day anyway? I'm sure she only had the very occasional commute to do. It's like she's justifying it to herself/others. She's so full of tit. I can't wrap my head around the mother who hates every single aspect of parenting and it not shy in voicing that is attempting to be a SAHM. There is no way she's going to cope when Halle starts moving and becoming a toddler and doesn't nap as much, I assume this is when she'll stick her in nursery more but try and keep it quiet. As she even said herself, she doesn't have a single other thing to talk about other than being a mum, it's so bleeping boring. Even if she spoke about a new book she was enjoying or a tv series, but no. She desperately needs to find some new interests.
I'm pretty sure she has to commute once a week or maybe twice. It certainly wasn't every day by any means.

I'm pretty sure she has to commute once a week or maybe twice. It certainly wasn't every day by any means.
Yeh it definitely became once a week or something and then she went off on mat leave. Since then, the civil service has significantly increased their expectations for employees to go into the office, so if she did four days, I highly suspect she’d have to go in half of that.

She’s desperate to “make it” over the next year so that she can jack it all in.

She obviously isn't not returning to be a SAHM and become a 'better mum' and to spend more time with her kids- she basically admitted that when she said they would be in nursery (not shaming parents who put kids in nursery at all sometimes it simply has to be done and it can be a fantastic place for children to learn skills etc so please don't think I'm slating parents who have children in nursery) but with Shan specifically she is clearly only taking the year out so she can churn out more content with the aim of getting more brand deals and followers so she can finally call herself a full time influencer and ditch the day job altogether.

She is NOT doing this to be with her kids- she's doing it because she's deluded herself into thinking if she did this full time for a year her channel will grow significantly and she can finally be the influencer she's desperate to be. My guess is Ash wouldn't let her quit her job unless she was much more successful so she's taking this opportunity to do that. 100% NOT for spending time with the kids when she clearly HATES motherhood.

Reactions: 6
She obviously isn't not returning to be a SAHM and become a 'better mum' and to spend more time with her kids- she basically admitted that when she said they would be in nursery (not shaming parents who put kids in nursery at all sometimes it simply has to be done and it can be a fantastic place for children to learn skills etc so please don't think I'm slating parents who have children in nursery) but with Shan specifically she is clearly only taking the year out so she can churn out more content with the aim of getting more brand deals and followers so she can finally call herself a full time influencer and ditch the day job altogether.

She is NOT doing this to be with her kids- she's doing it because she's deluded herself into thinking if she did this full time for a year her channel will grow significantly and she can finally be the influencer she's desperate to be. My guess is Ash wouldn't let her quit her job unless she was much more successful so she's taking this opportunity to do that. 100% NOT for spending time with the kids when she clearly HATES motherhood.
I literally just came on to say the same thing. I’m only 4 minutes in and it’s already clear that’s why. Not to do the pick ups! She basically says that her content doesn’t reach a wide enough audience in focusing on motherhood so she wants to “branch out” snore.

I don’t get the rambling on about being in “the trenches” either. I have a smaller age gap than her and yes it’s really hard at times but I never think I’m in the trenches. That’s just so negative. The hard times are so minor in comparison to the many wonderful times you have as a parent.

She’s deluded because she could have spent the last 5/6 months concentrating on other content if she really wanted to, so I’m not sure why she thinks magic September / October 2024 is going to suddenly grow her channel, simply because H isn’t around for two mornings a week. There’s nothing wrong with having an ambition but once she treats YouTube as a job (as far as I’m concerned, she does already) she will realise that life is very much the same but without a stable wage packet on top of it.

Last edited:
Ash seems to be the winner here. An extra year of not having to pay much for his half of childcare, no childcare drops/collections to worry about and Shan still has to find her 50% of bills so it’s no extra financial pressure on him.
She won’t be contributing to a pension for the unpaid year, and will have paid in less during her two maternity years, so hopefully they’ve planned that into their old age - or will she still be expected to put in exactly half?

Maybe that dog will get some walks when there’s an adult at home and both kids are in childcare. Finally.

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Yeh it definitely became once a week or something and then she went off on mat leave. Since then, the civil service has significantly increased their expectations for employees to go into the office, so if she did four days, I highly suspect she’d have to go in half of that.

She’s desperate to “make it” over the next year so that she can jack it all in.
They've recently upped it to 60% in office haven't they? Not sure if that's all departments?
I can't remember where she lives now but there must be civil service jobs closer to home

They've recently upped it to 60% in office haven't they? Not sure if that's all departments?
I can't remember where she lives now but there must be civil service jobs closer to home
I’m sure there is! I suspect she really has no intention at all of returning and hoping this year she is a fully fledged influencer in the making.

Reactions: 2
I find there split of the bills and money strange. I remember her saying before she had saved you some money to help cover her half of things as well as full paid maternity leave for some months. I'm due this year and will only get statutory pay and my partner will be paying for the extra bills etc I can't afford because we're in it together as a team. I find it a bit weird.

Reactions: 6
IMG_20240603_184816.jpg

So she's shared a reel of what she bought in her recent food shop and saw this comment she replied to someone. I am a mega fan of of meal planning, I'm sure I would have made a weeks meal plan and shopping list quicker than her setting up and filming that reel..... So yeh, I'm sure she doesn't have time to sit down and do that instead.

I also appreciated the comment someone out that no amount of money saved is worth buying battery hen eggs!

Reactions: 5
View attachment 2972440
So she's shared a reel of what she bought in her recent food shop and saw this comment she replied to someone. I am a mega fan of of meal planning, I'm sure I would have made a weeks meal plan and shopping list quicker than her setting up and filming that reel..... So yeh, I'm sure she doesn't have time to sit down and do that instead.

I also appreciated the comment someone out that no amount of money saved is worth buying battery hen eggs!
Yes buying battery eggs is disgusting glad she was called out for it! I also love Meal planning shocking how much quicker it is when you aren’t arsing around with a camera! The amount of fruit is shocking to me, I spend a huge amount on fruit and veg for my daughter, why would she want to ‘bulk out’ their snacks with rice cakes and bread sticks to save money when she isn’t short on cash!
---
I find there split of the bills and money strange. I remember her saying before she had saved you some money to help cover her half of things as well as full paid maternity leave for some months. I'm due this year and will only get statutory pay and my partner will be paying for the extra bills etc I can't afford because we're in it together as a team. I find it a bit weird.
I also find it really strange they are his children too so why is everything down to her plus half the bills.

View attachment 2972440

That just popped up on my FB and someone there mentioned the eggs. Someone else also said they do £80-100 a week for 7
---
I'm so bad at meal planning atm, I was so good in covid and saved so much money but just cant get back into it. Doesn't help my youngest is going through a picky phase

I literally just came on to say the same thing. I’m only 4 minutes in and it’s already clear that’s why. Not to do the pick ups! She basically says that her content doesn’t reach a wide enough audience in focusing on motherhood so she wants to “branch out” snore.
This made me LOL so hard 😂 She has no hobbies, no friends, no social life. What is she going to branch out into exactly?? 😂 She can't even do skincare as she has no actual knowledge other than how it makes her skin feel. I'll be very curious to see what she goes into.
---
I'm so shallow 🤣 probably going against the grain but I don't compare myself to social media influencers. I know its lies but I still want to see it 🤣 I don't want to see sweaty softplay and piles of washing I can just look at my own lovely life for that.
Totally with you on that. I don't want a "realistic" influencer's house. I want to see a perfectly colour-coordinate grid so I can dream about what my house could look like if it was tidy 😂
---
...but with Shan specifically she is clearly only taking the year out so she can churn out more content with the aim of getting more brand deals and followers so she can finally call herself a full time influencer and ditch the day job altogether.

She is NOT doing this to be with her kids- she's doing it because she's deluded herself into thinking if she did this full time for a year her channel will grow significantly and she can finally be the influencer she's desperate to be.
Precisely. I can nearly bet money now that she won't make it in a year's time. All the time in the world won't make a difference to her lack of personality.
---
The amount of fruit is shocking to me, I spend a huge amount on fruit and veg for my daughter, why would she want to ‘bulk out’ their snacks with rice cakes and bread sticks to save money when she isn’t short on cash!
---
The fruit thing really annoyed me to be honest. She is hardly struggling money-wise, why try and skimp on nutrients her kids need and give them empty calories like bread sticks and rice cakes? No wonder G exhibits ADHD behaviours with such a diet! She literally doesn't even know the basics of nutrition that she needs to feed her children. And she wants to branch out?

Last edited:
She’ll do anything to save money!

Also noticed no full fat milk for G. Skimmed milk doesn't contain enough fat or calories for young children, so isn't recommended as a main drink for children under 5. Not that she cares.

• Wow

Also noticed no full fat milk for G. Skimmed milk doesn't contain enough fat or calories for young children, so isn't recommended as a main drink for children under 5. Not that she cares.
Imagine her "branching out" into toddler nutrition/meals. And people following that. She is dangerous :(

Imagine her "branching out" into toddler nutrition/meals. And people following that. She is dangerous :(
How many more times can she possibly make fritters in a vlog?! 🫠

I don’t buy all this I don’t have an identity nonsense either. She’s confusing not feeling like she has an identity with wanting to be a full time content creator and she isn’t that.

I know some of you have observed that she’s always chasing the next thing rather than living in the present and you’re so right, this is just a classic example. She’s had a baby for content and she hasn’t met her goal of expanding her channel, so she’s chasing a dream that she thinks will fulfil her in some way. Except she’s been chasing the dream for a while and hasn’t had the success she craved. If she really is making £1700 a month ish then that’s a decent wage. Yet it isn’t enough for her. I can’t understand why she isn’t happy with what she has day to day. What is it the next big thing will bring to her that her present life doesn’t? She must be deeply, deeply unhappy.

She gives Halle green milk too. I would give her a pass for G as he is probably drinking water (or squash knowing her) but H should still be having full fat.

She gives Halle green milk too. I would give her a pass for G as he is probably drinking water (or squash knowing her) but H should still be having full fat.
I'm pretty sure that fairly recently they said semi skimmed was fine to give babies from the age of 1 but I'd still give full fat.
Skimmed milk is basically water, it's completely pointless in my eyes. Like Shan's content 😂

• Haha
Halle isn't even 1 year old yet - why is she giving her cow's milk? Cow's milk can lead to iron deficiency in children under 1 year old as it doesn't have enough of iron nor vitamin E, zinc, and essential fatty acids. The fat in cows milk can also be really hard for little ones to digest. In can even lead to intestinal bleeding in some cases. Halle also needs the fats of full fat milk for brain development and at least the additional vitamins it has over skimmed or semi skimmed.

I repeat what I said earlier, she is dangerous. This is basic NHS guidance - she is unfit to be a mother if she can't even follow those.
---
I'm pretty sure that fairly recently they said semi skimmed was fine to give babies from the age of 1 but I'd still give full fat.
Where did they say this? I thought the guidance was to only give semi skimmed to children with obesity/weight issues.
---
How many more times can she possibly make fritters in a vlog?! 🫠

If she really is making £1700 a month ish then that’s a decent wage. Yet it isn’t enough for her. I can’t understand why she isn’t happy with what she has day to day. What is it the next big thing will bring to her that her present life doesn’t? She must be deeply, deeply unhappy.
Fritters and pancakes are all she can make so she'll make them another 5452 times until we are bored to death of them 😆

Is that a recent figure? I'm doubtful she is making that much money via social media (pre or post tax), considering how much she has been been begging for stuff lately, complaining about the cost of groceries and trying to flog HelloFresh at every opportunity. She has been acting as someone who is really struggling money-wise.

Reactions: 1