Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Jc456

VIP Member
Bedtime is my favourite part of the day. Just put my 11 and 12 year olds to bed.

My eldest has always been hard work, I did query autism when she was 4 or 5 but was told by school and gp she's how she is because I'm a single parent so I've just gone all these years thinking it's my fault. Also I'm an only child so don't know what's normal for siblings. Tonight I had to rescue little sister from the bathroom where she'd locked them both in and wouldn't let her out

Reactions: 2

cosmicstar

Chatty Member
Imagine all the crumbs! So unhygenic.

She is exaggerating massively, as always, about the 'wild' sleeping arrangements. They had two bedrooms, one double and one with twins which gives them a million options. The cribs Forest Holidays provide would be big enough to have G and H in them (one each) Or G could sleep in one of the twins with a guard (which FH also provide). Or they can cosleep with him.

How is that wild??

cosmicstar

Chatty Member
I think it was magnesium? Or at least that's what she was going to use for his leg pains which were meant to resolve his sleeplessness.

But supplements only really work if you have a proven defficiency and I don't think she ever tested him.

Dramallama2

She’s really giving off the impression her relationship is down the gutter aswell, always mentioning other things going in the background that she isn't discussing and said in the last vlog her relationship was being affected. I mean, we all knew what a joke of a marriage this is and how in a real world it would never last but I can't see her ever leaving him, what a miserable life she has. I can't feel sorry for her at all, as I said in my last post she had children out of choice and having a second one knowing for a damn fact she couldn't handle the first and hated every single thing about motherhood, why would you put yourself in the situation? I struggle to see how people can sympathise. I could possibly have a little bit more if she'd stuck with one child because she wouldn't of known how useless he would be and the fact motherhood wasn't for her but for the second she knew he was a useless deadbeat dad and that she hated motherhood, having a second wasn't going to magically change anything apart from make the first born life even more miserable because of her worsening behaviour. God help anyone watching her videos who doesn't already have children but wants them, she's probably put them off for life.

Smiles265

Her newest vlog. She still has Hallie in the newborn bit on the yo-yo stroller, bloody laid flat on a walk Christ!

Nosymum

VIP Member
She's probably not using Hello Fresh because she's not got enough credit to get a free box. 😂

We used to normally do our main food shop at Sainsbury's and get bits from Aldi if we needed anything extra in the week. Then last year I thought I'd try shop around and after going to 3 different supermarkets to get the best deals, we only saved about £5 to £10 compared to our usual shop in Sainsbury's so just ended up doing what we used to do. If we save our nectar points for the year, it usually ends up with enough money to cover the most of the Christmas food shop too which is an added bonus and we get extra nectar points when we shop at Sainsbury's because we have their credit card.

I actually always end up spending more at Lidl or Aldi because I'll nip in for a handful of items but then the bloody middle aisles get me 😂

I'm not going to even get started on her revelation on days out for entertaining children.
Don’t that bloody middle aisle!! I also get things that sound different in there that weren’t on the list! The garlic bread crisps were rubbish had high hopes for them!

• Haha

minalina

Sorry but if a doctor fobbed me off with “ah probably a magnesium deficiency” for a toddler who can’t sleep for the amount of pain his legs are in, and who wakes up screaming??? Nope! I’m not buying that even happened tbh. Did she definitely say a GP told her this? Or was the magnesium thing just something she read online?

I also just cannot imagine getting worked up about babies/young toddlers throwing food on the floor. That’s just par for the course, surely. I account for floor related loss when portioning up my youngest’s food (1 yo). They soon stop doing it - IF you don’t turn it into a big issue 🤷‍♀️

cosmicstar

Chatty Member
I'm way north of her where everything is cheaper and softplay is a minimum of £20 too like you say.

But she could go to a beach or a forest near her for free and even a local playground. Ours is always packed as long as it isnt raining. She could even make friends there. Many places have huge discounts if you go mid week or early mornings which she can do on maternity. Our local aquarium is less than half price at those times. There is also a trampoline park near us that is cheaper mid week. Bet George would love that sorta place too

fdx

But it's not really a career break. She is self-employed and just dedicating more time to social media work. I think she must make more money than him still and that's why she pays for more things. She is basically the breadwinner.
Sorry yes, she's got the income currently from YouTube but who's to say that doesn't dry up in a few months time/she earns considerably less some months

The food shop coming out of her own pocket just because they had an emergency expense to pay out (which, don't they actually save towards according to her budget videos??) is still very unfair in my opinion regardless of who earns more.

myst3ry

Those videos are so intrusive??? And the pillows and duvet??? I totally get being so tired you just want an easy win but chuck a jumper on and move the pillow (even just her side not George)

Dramallama2

What was the podcast she was on? I remember her saying she filmed one with someone and it was going to be out the following week but she never said anything else about it, was it that tragic that the other person didn’t even bother to be post it?

I have wondered about Halle’s hair, I know it’s common for babies fair to fall out (my sons fell out and went patchy but grew back lovely shortly after, way before 9 months) I’ve never seen a baby of her age to still have a huge bald circle at the back of their head. Could it be something to do with the fact she was/is always laid on her back too much? Pretty much all we’ve seen is her dumped on her play mat to entertain herself. And she’s 9 months and still lying flat in the newborn insert in the pram, she’s not even a small baby either, absolutely mental. It always looks a right mess aswell I highly doubt she bothers her arse to even brush it.

cosmicstar

Chatty Member
I can't get my head around how much time she spends chatting to the camera or messing around with a cup of tea while the kids are watching tv or sitting in the same room as her? I can't imagine sitting my child in another room watching tv on their own while talking about them as if they're not there! You can hear Halle fussing away in the background as well, it looks like she's just sitting in her high chair doing sweet F.A.

My time to grab a cup of tea and have my own down time is while my L.O is having a nap... same with most of the cleaning.
It's kind of ironic how much she complains about how hard motherhood is yet she spends a lot of time away from her kids with them in another room letting them do as they please.

My kids are relatively well behaved but there is no way I would let them out of my sight at home. They already do things that could be dangerous for them while I'm there (like grabbing some scissors, or climbing something they shouldn't). If you are not around as a parent you have to accept there could be serious consequences.

ohsosweet

Imagine her "branching out" into toddler nutrition/meals. And people following that. She is dangerous :(
How many more times can she possibly make fritters in a vlog?! 🫠

I don’t buy all this I don’t have an identity nonsense either. She’s confusing not feeling like she has an identity with wanting to be a full time content creator and she isn’t that.

I know some of you have observed that she’s always chasing the next thing rather than living in the present and you’re so right, this is just a classic example. She’s had a baby for content and she hasn’t met her goal of expanding her channel, so she’s chasing a dream that she thinks will fulfil her in some way. Except she’s been chasing the dream for a while and hasn’t had the success she craved. If she really is making £1700 a month ish then that’s a decent wage. Yet it isn’t enough for her. I can’t understand why she isn’t happy with what she has day to day. What is it the next big thing will bring to her that her present life doesn’t? She must be deeply, deeply unhappy.

cosmicstar

Chatty Member
She obviously hasn't for a pot for a rainy day fund but she she saves £100/month for Christmas so it's all OK...... Actual idiot.
She actually does that??

Call me a cheapskate but I think that's an insine amount considering how few family members she has. She has no sibling with their own families, like we do, and we've never heard of any nephews/nieces on Ash's side either. So its just their parents and them? I make considerably more than Shan, I have a lot more family members to gift things to and I spend half of that.

Emsie

VIP Member
Everyone is always judging her, about to judge her or she is pleased that they did not judge her. Reality is most people don't even notice her or her kid.

• Heart

mindfulmamma

It's Ash that doesn't want the kids on social media so probably doesn't want to be featured himself
Yeah that’s it! She’s definitely said before Ash doesn’t want to be on there. She used to post some photos and occasional snippets of him arriving home but since the kiddies have been blanked out, he doesn’t appear either!

MrsHeather

RTW. Due back Sept/Oct. Has the option to take an years unpaid break. She's undecided what she wants to do. I wouldn't be surprised if she really ramps up churning out content to try help cover incoming and take extended unpaid leave. But then I'm also not sure she would so that as she's too money greedy.
No way will she take a year unpaid 😂 Her content is shit, I doubt she will ever make enough from YouTube to make ends meet. Halle will eventually be on the move so Shan will have to actually look after her and not just leave her on a play mat, unless she puts her in nursery but then what would be the point of taking a year off?

cosmicstar

Chatty Member
Think she’s got the meaning of the term village wrong. It’s not a bunch of strangers online. It’s people there for you emotionally and physically.
“A village isn't just a set of friends. It is those friends, neighbours, extended family members, and acquaintances who, whether it's intentional or even knowing, help deliver us as parents to our children.”
Exactly. The key is, it comes from the expression "It takes a village to raise a child" with the key word being "RAISE".

Explain to me how her IG followers are physically raising any of her children?

Other than in a very indirect way, when they use her pointless HelloFresh codes, which she then uses to feed her family.

cosmicstar

Chatty Member
My bet is, there is an increased expectation for her to be in the office more and she has the hump about it. It’s now 40% for civil servants (it’s only just been increased to this) so she’d likely have to commute in for 1.5 - 2 days rather than the 1 she was doing which she admitted was quite expensive and took around 2 hours each way in all once she’d parked up etc. She’s frantically trying to make it work for her as a big influencer. If we are to believe that she earns about 20k per year on top of her 30k CS salary, she’s on a good wage. If she drops to just that 20k then there’s a lot more pressure on them as a family and she will absolutely stick H in nursery which will eat that wage up in no time. She knows that she can’t make stay at home parent, with both kids in full time nursery, with (pipe dreams of) a massive influencer lifestyle and can’t work out what needs to give YouTube obviously
---

😂 so true
I was saying this the other day and someone suggested she could easily do the trip to drop off and pick up the kids on time for nursery. But how, if you have to travel 2 hours each way? It's going to be a nightmare.

I don't believe for a minute she is on 20k a year from her social media work. She might have done that once in her heyday but she is faaar from that now.

If she wanted to be an influencer full time she would need consistent growth of her channel and earnings at a good rate to ensure sustainable income. She is nowhere near there. If anything her brand is on the decline.

She hasn't made it on TikTok (reportedly the easiest channel to "make it"in). Her subscribers and views on youtube keep dropping. And as a trend they are similar or equal than 2 years ago and going down-down-down. You only see new subscribers grow by 100 here and there - proof that she is just buying them to counter the drops. Her largest "sponsorship" is from HelloFresh, which she's had since the beginning and would practically take anyone on board.

She'll have to get back to work once her savings are gone, whether she likes it or not.