Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

VirgoGossip

Chatty Member
She plays rich or poor depending on when it suits her...
She wants to brag about the money she earns but also wants to be relatable. She probably sees people on Tattle point out she can't be skint so has to moan about money to make herself seem more relatable but also can't resits a brag. I think she thinks her followers won't remember or won't work it out.

Reactions: 2
Came for the bedtime stuff. Of course he doesn't want to sleep - he's 3. Drawing with him in a brightly lit room probably isn't helping.

Dramallama2

She is absolutely deluded. Halle is not a velcro baby in the slightest 😂 😂 my god what world is she living in!? She gives me so much second hand embarrassment and pisses me off that much that I can't even hate watch her anymore. She's obviously heard someone use the term velcro baby and has latched on to it like she does with everything else.
---
I think it’s because she realises she was quite cold in those first few months and she won’t get that time back. I adored the months of contact naps but definitely love that my LO naps in their cot now haha. But it was such a lovely time! So many instamoms rush to sleep train and show off how self sufficient their baby is - and then look back and realised they’ll never get those cuddles and contact naps back.
Agree, I contacted nap through choice during the day whenever we were at home and I absolutely loved it. As you say we never get that time back so to sleep train from such an early age like Shan did is totally barbaric. She's so selfish an puts her needs way above the kids, chores are heaps more important to her than bonding with her children. I don't know why but despite her banging on about how much housework she does constantly I just get the vibe that her house is actually filthy.

cosmicstar

Chatty Member
So many stoopid posts today I cant even deal.

*buys second hand £10 plain m&s trousers and makes a bloody ad out of them* The cheek! The desperation!!

You can very easily tell who is paired with who by simply looking at who they are standing next to. There are two women in the middle so no need to look at feet positions!

Hottubs arent safe for under 5s or even older as children can't self regulate their temperature. So unless you lower the temperature way down, which most of the Forest Holidays hot tubs dont allow, George shouldnt be there even less so on a hot day. Does she ever follow ANY safety rules?? It's a disaster waiting to happen.

Attachments

Puffin_island

VIP Member
I can’t believe he’s still having about 5 accidents a week almost a year on. This just screams how much of a pathetic attempt she’s gave it, she forced him into it when he probably wasn’t ready and just expected him to take to it from day 1. Please no one tell me this many accidents is actually normal because we’ve not started yet and I’m already not looking forward to it!? 😬
It can vary for everyone but it took my LG about 4 days to crack the basics and any accidents we had were more misses of not getting to the toilet quick enough. Within 2 weeks it was as if day nappies never existed. It does take some kids a bit of time to adjust getting used to under pants but even then it only takes a day or two for them to adjust. We did have a minor regression about 4 months in where she would say "I need a wee" but then go right there but that only lasted maybe a week. 8 months later and we only rely on night nappies and can get away with only carrying one pair of spare clothing (though I carry more just in case)
😅) and even then not had to use them! You have to be committed and really responsive when they say they need to go, which Shan probably hasn't been. Pretty sure she started potty training well before my LG started too. I know it's not a competition but it shouldn't take that long to still not be mostly accident free.

The oh crap book is what we used for daytime training and really recommend it. My biggest tip is when they do have an accident, don't make it a big deal and try not make any loud noises as that can make them think they're doing something wrong and can lead to them holding it or going to hide and do it.

Dramallama2

He's not getting enough sleep at night which is why he's napping at those ridiculous times, why is she that brainless she can't see that? Get the damn kids in a routine! I am genuinely thinking she's deliberately making life difficult for herself because she loves moaning about it so much and she thinks it gives good content (it absolutely doesn't) and she loves the attention. I've honestly never come a mother like her.

ohsosweet

I can imagine Ash being like "I've been at work and you've just been at home so no you don't get a break"
Definitely this!

I imagine now that H is nearly 1, she’s developing her personality now and in S terms, that means she’s starting to become annoying from being noisy and mobile.

A trip on the park and ride (so SHE can go and arse about in clothes shops for herself) is not what you call family time on a Saturday. Why can’t she go with H alone in the week?

realistic_real_life

She also couldn't sit up at all and now all of a sudden she can do that too 🤷🏻‍♀️🤷🏻‍♀️🤷🏻‍♀️
---

She won't take George out of nursery, She will be getting 30 free hours now so she won't give that up and even if she decides not to go back to work she will still get 15. I think she's using it as context for something to talk about
She’ll still get 30 for him as long as she’s earning over whatever the minimum is that you need from her YouTube ad revenue

Puffin_island

VIP Member
I don’t know why she woke him up either. Just put the boy to bed if it’s half 5 and asleep on the sofa. He’s clearly exhausted!
Exactly! When my toddler is like that, I either just let her go to sleep and abandon bath time and put her into pj's and bed then mentally prepare myself (or tell husband depending whose turn it is) that tomorrow will be an early start. Otherwise I go sit and play with her to try keep her awake a bit longer, which usually works! But either of those methods involve spending time with your child, something Shan isn't known for.

Screenshot_2024-03-11-16-34-04-46_1c337646f29875672b5a61192b9010f9.jpg

You would be able to afford the ingredients you get from Hello Fresh, it just means you have to actually spend your own money and not rely on people using your discount code. 🙄

I've said it before and sure others have too but Hello Fresh and the likes aren't really good value unless you have a discount code. They're great for convenience and we do occasionally get them, usually if we're going away for a few days so don't need to do a big shop while away but otherwise I don't rate them. And I think Gousto is much better in terms for recipes compared to hello fresh anyway 😅 I found hello fresh was mostly pasta based which are dirt cheap to make anyway.

Last edited:

cosmicstar

Chatty Member
How altruistic of her. And of course she would still continue to do this to help other mummas (who she wont speak to) even if she wasn't paid for it...

Attachments

ohsosweet

I think it was magnesium? Or at least that's what she was going to use for his leg pains which were meant to resolve his sleeplessness.

But supplements only really work if you have a proven defficiency and I don't think she ever tested him.
Ah! Shows how much I have paid attention to her 😂.

• Haha

CDoop102

I just feel so sorry for her tbh. I can see how she’s gotten in this mess, I see it with my friends when they don’t have a supportive partner. It becomes too much for them to hold boundaries and routines, there’s a bit of slippage to make life easier one day, a bit more and before you know it routine is completely out the window and the kids are “hard” work. (Of course they aren’t, they just need some structure). If I was up at 5.30 most days I’d be putting the tv on but I’m not so I am well rested and don’t need to resort to it. Likewise we’ve a good evening routine so when something happens and my child fights it I have the reserves to adjust and see what works. But I’d imagine if I was already wrecked I would just let him fall asleep on the sofa one night, and then one night becomes routine etc. it’s really Ash I think we should be criticising because she seems so on her own!

Cabbage_2021

Setting up your camera to get your child dressed is so so wrong. George is so vulnerable and she is exploiting his innocence for what? To be an instahun? She is actually one of the worst YouTube I've seen for showing their kids in such a vulnerable way - I'm glad she covers their faces because I hope when they're older they can completely disassociate themselves from what she's done to them
---
Also she makes motherhood look fucking depressing

Levi89

Saving money on nappies, one less thing she has to do for George, probably desperate to make a 'How I Trained My Toddler (WITH A X MONTH OLD BABY) vlog...also probably hoping someone out there offers her some kind of freebie. All very Shan reasons to want to rush her child into being potty trained.
By all means I didn't expect to train my daughter at 24months old but she knew she would tell us and I was off work I just thought well try it I'm doing this ordered the book, read that, literally while following her around the garden. But she smashed it, she now goes to nursery and has zero accidents. Wasn't brave enough to do night time though that's the next step. 🙈

Shan just went all in without actually looking into it I think and it hasn't really worked its been a while now and he's still having quite few accidents (as she likes to tell the whole world)

MrsHeather

I take my toddler and baby to soft play twice a week 🙈 I bought a monthly pass for £20 because my toddler loves it. But we also go to playgroups, museums, parks, farms etc, I can't think of anything worse than spending all day at home with cartoons on.
I didn't watch her latest vlog, but apart from the child benefit does she put any of her own money into their savings?

Emsie

VIP Member
Realistic routine of a SEN mama coming right up! If G does have some additional needs then stop telling us about it and get him on the waiting lists.

• Haha

Puffin_island

VIP Member
Not that I'm being the poster child for gentle parenting but it's still gentle to tell your kid to fucking stop it. Perhaps not those words 😂
It's not gentle parenting to tell your child if they buckle up they can have sweets. That's permissive. Gets you nowhere.
Exactly this! I've just searched "seatbelt" in the Sarah ockwell smith gentle parenting group and nobody there suggested sweets are a way to get them to stop. There were loads of answers that could be helpful to someone who wanted help.

It just occurred to me that she's probably just on the beg for a new car seat for him.

• Heart
  • Haha