HomewithShan #6 Still ignores her kids & asks ‘why does George scream at me?’, would take a poke in eye for free

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I actually can’t with the audacity of her providing almost 30 minutes of ‘advice’ for transitioning to one or two kids. I’ve not watched it and definitely won’t but what planet is she on that she thinks she has the right to advise other people when she is an absolute terrible mother with kids who live the saddest most boring life? And she complains about it relentlessly. She should be the ones desperately searching for parenting advice not offering it out to others 🥴

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Unsurprisingly, she basically makes it out that she came up with all those transition ideas herself and doesn't credit or thank a single source where she's blatantly got all the ideas from.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Anyone else bored to tears of the constant reels of her having a coffee in the car to give herself a break?

Totally agree with everything said about this new silly vlog. All she does is harp on about going from 1-2 children. We get it, it’s hard work but people have been doing it since time began. You’d think she was the first person to have multiple children! It’s actually so dull to hear the same thing on repeat. She’s had her day to be honest, she has nothing new to post about.

I knew it would be all generic stuff that she’s scrolled past on instagram, stuff that anyone other than Shan would find as common sense.

Reactions: 2
In one of her reels today she talks about being so anxious/overwhelmed by the idea of taking both of her kids out of the house that she'll only do it if it's to soft play. I remember it being daunting when my second was tiny, but I feel like she can either position herself as an expert and expect people to follow her for tips or be honest about still finding it all incredibly hard. Not both.

Reactions: 6
I wonder if all her followers who support her realise of the irony. That her whole channel's theme is complaining about motherhood yet she does videos on how to succeed at it.

• Haha
I wonder if all her followers who support her realise of the irony. That her whole channel's theme is complaining about motherhood yet she does videos on how to succeed at it.
Well said. The whole vlog was a paradox. She spent the whole time telling everyone how to make the transition work, yet admits she hasn’t managed to get a grip with transitioning to two kids yet. Also, most things she suggested she didn’t even do. All she did was have a strop that her son got in the way of her newborn time with H and wanted him to go away basically. Or shoved him in front of the telly to stop him needing attention and interacting. Very sad. She definitely isn’t mature enough to be a mother of two and that isn’t down to her she, it’s down to her as a person.

• Haha
I also fail to believe that George does not mess around with the sand timer (unless she puts its out of reach) and let's it go all the way to the end and calmly does what he's told to do. I try this with my 3 year old and it doesn't always work very well so can't see George being brilliant with it!

Last edited:
Reactions: 1
What kind of things did she suggest that she doesn't do @ohsosweet ?

I wonder if in a few years time when they kids are 10-12 she will realise how badly equipped she was to approach motherhood.

What kind of things did she suggest that she doesn't do @ohsosweet ?

I wonder if in a few years time when they kids are 10-12 she will realise how badly equipped she was to approach motherhood.
From memory (watched on double speed yesterday) and significantly, turned screens off.

• Haha
I haven’t watched, does she actually wear earplugs around her children?
She's defo mentioned it before! I don't know why because apart from the obvious issue of ignoring your kids, I once had a podcast on in the kitchen making dinner and my two little ones were in the front room with the TV on and the baby started crying and my toddler started narrating everything that had happened that day and with the podcast and TV it was a massive sensory overload for me. Never again 🤣

I haven't watched it but bahahahaha to one of the tips being turning off screens. 'Do as I say, not as I do'.

I actually really like the loop engage earplugs. I only pull them out in desperate times when everyone is ill and there's a lot of crying/shouting - and only when I'm in the same room as them. You can still hear everything and respond, but if you're one of those parents where your kid's cries set off an 'emergency, emergency' type siren in your brain (I am 🙈), they take the edge off so you can more calmly prioritise and problem solve who needs what. Very expensive for what they are though.

Love that Shan made such a big deal about this Liv girl being her new bestie but Liv hasn't mentioned Shan once 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Absolutely cringing at how much Shan has posted about meeting up with someone. I really like Liv so it's a shame she's friendly with Shan. She couldn't be more different in how much effort she puts into her content and giving a proper go of influencing as a career. She also appears to actually enjoy being a mum. Liv has mentioned before that Shan is the reason she started her account so it must be really awkward for Shan seeing how much better her content is.

Reactions: 4
Do not be fooled. This isn't a new friendship. In Shan's case it's an acquaintance to keep her company at an event she is using for klout. She'll ignore her now she is back.
Also notice how she's never made an acquaintance from her followers. She is only interested in people she can take advantage of.

Do not be fooled. This isn't a new friendship. In Shan's case it's an acquaintance to keep her company at an event she is using for klout. She'll ignore her now she is back.
Also notice how she's never made an acquaintance from her followers. She is only interested in people she can take advantage of.
I definitely agree with this! I mean a day out in London with a baby is not my idea of fun day out but its entirely possible to do this with another influencer "friend" and not have a brand event to go to too.

I don't know who Liv is but absolutely love it if Shan inspired her to do social media alongside being a parent but is actually better than her 😂😂😂

• Heart
Reactions: 2
I've just done a quick search and Liv doesn't appear to have a tattle thread. That makes me think she can't be that terrible or super problematic, especially as she has 82k followers. I mean I could be wrong but having a tattle thread to me is definitely a sign you are crap. 😅