Holidays after virus

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Honestly not fussed possibly won't be til next year now like
was ment to be going to london , my trip has been postponed including theatre tickets

Reactions: 1
In relation to holiday credit notes, we booked ours with Jet2 but through Hays travel. Will the credit note be for Hays or Jet2? We already have holiday plans for next year and Jet2 don't fly to Egypt, so it would be helpful it it was a Hays voucher rather than Jet2. Does anyone know if this is possible? If its Jet2 only I will just get a refund (whenever that might be!)
We're due to fly to Gran canaria at the beginning of July but still waiting for news if this is happening.

I had big plans for travel this year but now I think I'm gonna spend this year and next year exploring more local places. I'm from Ireland living in London so I'd love to explore more of both the UK and Ireland. Tourism is going to suffer hugely so I think this is the best time to support tourism at home.

In relation to holiday credit notes, we booked ours with Jet2 but through Hays travel. Will the credit note be for Hays or Jet2? We already have holiday plans for next year and Jet2 don't fly to Egypt, so it would be helpful it it was a Hays voucher rather than Jet2. Does anyone know if this is possible? If its Jet2 only I will just get a refund (whenever that might be!)
We're due to fly to Gran canaria at the beginning of July but still waiting for news if this is happening.
Good luck getting a Hays refund, my sister had a holiday booked for Cornwall and Isle of Man, they’re refusing to refund only a credit note to be used by December and so she’s trying to go through her credit card. I believe some kind of watch dog programme is onto them as well

Good luck getting a Hays refund, my sister had a holiday booked for Cornwall and Isle of Man, they’re refusing to refund only a credit note to be used by December and so she’s trying to go through her credit card. I believe some kind of watch dog programme is onto them as well
Thanks for the heads up

Jet2holidays still trying to convince everyone that holidays after 17th June are still going ahead. We all know that is not going to happen. So for a holiday leaving on 20th June for example, to get your deposit back you need to pay the full holiday amount then wait however long for a refund. And you can’t change the dates without paying extra fees. How is that fair?

• Angry
Reactions: 2
Jet2holidays still trying to convince everyone that holidays after 17th June are still going ahead. We all know that is not going to happen. So for a holiday leaving on 20th June for example, to get your deposit back you need to pay the full holiday amount then wait however long for a refund. And you can’t change the dates without paying extra fees. How is that fair?
I understand they are trying to keep some kind of insurance for people still travelling when this is over but we are far more likely to book with them again if they play fair in the first place!

The problem with paying the balance is that they may have gone bust next year and then you will have even more hassle getting your money back.

I understand they are trying to keep some kind of insurance for people still travelling when this is over but we are far more likely to book with them again if they play fair in the first place!
If it was say September or October when there’s a slightly higher chance of being able to travel then I’d understand. But end of June? They know and their customers know they’re not playing fair here. EasyJet have let everyone change their flights for free.
The problem with paying the balance is that they may have gone bust next year and then you will have even more hassle getting your money back.
Exactly which is why we won’t be paying the balance. They are not even offering vouchers. It’s pay it all or lose it all.

Desperate to get a camping trip in before the season is over. 🥴
Planning Christmas on a beach as usual - somewhere between Agadir and Essaouira in Morocco. Drove from Agadir to Essaouria last year and passed through some secluded beach coves. Got to go back.

We've booked a caravan holiday through a private owner for the first week in August. We really don't want to go at the moment, it seems too much of a risk.
We have only paid the deposit and obviously would not expect that back, but a holiday with few of the facilities available and feeling anxious about being in crowds is not going to be worth just over 1k to me.
We're very fortunate to have had a holiday in February this year already and now feel bad for letting the owners down, but we're not comfortable with it.

So they’ve said today and summer holidays are unlikely to go ahead. I don’t know what will happen if companies are still saying the holiday is on, maybe they’ll just agree refunds anyway if people don’t want to travel. Maybe the government will step in.
I know I would not want to go abroad this year personally

If hoildays abroad mean 14days isolation after it will be only the rich or the people with jobs that give them loads of holidays that can go

Spain has also just announced a mandatory 14-day quarantine for anyone coming into the country, technically only until the end of May but I can see them extending it past that point

So they’ve said today and summer holidays are unlikely to go ahead. I don’t know what will happen if companies are still saying the holiday is on, maybe they’ll just agree refunds anyway if people don’t want to travel. Maybe the government will step in.
I know I would not want to go abroad this year personally
Where did you see where that’s been said please?