Holidays after virus

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
We’re not going abroad this year, existing plans were moved to 2021, off to forest holidays in August and I’ve booked a hotel near Peppa Pig world for my daughters birthday later in the year. Have taken advantage of £29 hotel rooms booked when there was no hotel demand for that one 🤣

I am pretty much on the same page as you. Travel is everything to me and I feel like my wings have been clipped and is one of the things I’m finding hardest to be honest. I’ve had a pretty rough few years and this year was the first that husband and I felt could be good. Travel was going to be the biggest part of it. We are desperate to get away but like you I can’t decide whether it’s a good idea or madness. I worry that if we don’t go on holiday soon things could get worse and we may not get another chance for a really long time. But on the other hand I’m very conscious of the only reason there will be a potential second wave will be because of people moving around too much and being around other people.

We’ve decided for now we’ll wait until the first few weeks of holidays have happened to see if there are any changes and also to see what sort of holiday people are having. Id only want to go really if it still felt like a relaxing holiday instead of one where I was worrying all the time or there are restrictions on things. But definitely feeling sad and frustrated as I really wanted to start getting back out and seeing the world. Have been really itching to be able to do the west coast of America and at the moment with how things are over there I can’t see that happening for a really long time.
I don't think I fancy doing any of my big bucket list destinations or anywhere I haven't been before as it do think the experience will be reduced.

But a few favourite destinations that we have done plenty of other times so will be happy to not mingle or explore too much is what I am swaying towards

I don't think I fancy doing any of my big bucket list destinations or anywhere I haven't been before as it do think the experience will be reduced.

But a few favourite destinations that we have done plenty of other times so will be happy to not mingle or explore too much is what I am swaying towards
Absolutely, same here. If we do decide to venture abroad it will only be for a package all inclusive holiday and probably to the hotel we went to last year. It’s definitely not feeling like a time for sightseeing and exploring new places. Husband said this morning he feels happy to book now. I’m holding off at the moment and will see how things go

Yesterday me and my boyfriend bought a little van to convert into a camper, that way we can still get away and tour Scotland/England and Wales for the next year or so and hopefully by 2022 travel will go back to the normal as we knew it! We are planing a working holiday visa in Australia

Reactions: 4
We was going to Poland over xmas. We didnt book and doubt we will. Hope were back to normal for June/July next year. Were going to Disney Land for the kids birthdays 🤩

If I didnt have kids I'd be jetting of at the first chance I had. I'm not risking them getting poorly abroad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2
Yesterday me and my boyfriend bought a little van to convert into a camper, that way we can still get away and tour Scotland/England and Wales for the next year or so and hopefully by 2022 travel will go back to the normal as we knew it! We are planing a working holiday visa in Australia
I really want a motorhome but hubby's not having it at all 😂 I need to talk him in to it.

Reactions: 1
I’d be really interested on everybody’s thoughts on going away soon given the new announcements, and if anybody is planning on?
Long story short, we were supposed to get married in Italy on 30th July. That’s all been cancelled and moved to next year BUT we booked a mini moon in Croatia for a week after the wedding, going on 5th August. The hotel has been fully paid and our return flights haven’t been cancelled, and it’s looking likely travel advice will mean that we can go. If we can go the hotel won’t refund us and we can’t claim on the insurance as it’s simply us not wanting to travel, and we’d lose almost £3k.
I’m so conflicted - obviously it’s a lot of money to lose, but more than the money I’d love nothing more than a holiday after the past few months (as we all would) and Croatia has such a low infection rate I wouldn’t be worried about travelling. But on the other hand I’d feel incredibly selfish going away at the moment. Im really interested in what you guys would do?? Xx

I’d be really interested on everybody’s thoughts on going away soon given the new announcements, and if anybody is planning on?
Long story short, we were supposed to get married in Italy on 30th July. That’s all been cancelled and moved to next year BUT we booked a mini moon in Croatia for a week after the wedding, going on 5th August. The hotel has been fully paid and our return flights haven’t been cancelled, and it’s looking likely travel advice will mean that we can go. If we can go the hotel won’t refund us and we can’t claim on the insurance as it’s simply us not wanting to travel, and we’d lose almost £3k.
I’m so conflicted - obviously it’s a lot of money to lose, but more than the money I’d love nothing more than a holiday after the past few months (as we all would) and Croatia has such a low infection rate I wouldn’t be worried about travelling. But on the other hand I’d feel incredibly selfish going away at the moment. Im really interested in what you guys would do?? Xx
I think I'd potentially go just for the sake of not wasting money. It's incredibly difficult and it would depend on the person(s) and how comfortable they would be doing this. But, then again, I think I'd wait until closer to the time, see how things are going and come to my decision then.

I was meant to be going away end of August to Turkey. We cancelled it at the start of June as Jet2 would refund everything paid minus the deposit if we cancelled more than 100 days before departure. As my boyfriend has asthma it didn’t seem worth risking flights going even if we didn’t feel it was safe. If nearer the time everything looks better well book something last minute or book a long weekend somewhere in the UK.

We’ve changed our honeymoon from Mexico to probably going to the carribean now for October

I am on holiday now. Hotel fabulous. Loads cleaning staff and sanitizer stations . All staff in masks.

Flight wasn't great but not the airline's fault , just some passengers who thought the rules didn't apply to them 🤬

• Heart
Reactions: 6
I am on holiday now. Hotel fabulous. Loads cleaning staff and sanitizer stations . All staff in masks.

Flight wasn't great but not the airline's fault , just some passengers who thought the rules didn't apply to them 🤬
Honestly I would go. Croatia has been open a number of weeks now. It really feels almost normal here in Spain. Obviously very quiet for this time of year. Serving staff are all wearing masks . Hotel breakfast is now served outside rather than dining room.

Out and about very few people are wearing masks but you do need one with you as have to wear in in shops / supermarket

Reactions: 1
I would absolutely 100% go and I wouldn’t feel guilty if I was you.

Honestly I would go. Croatia has been open a number of weeks now. It really feels almost normal here in Spain. Obviously very quiet for this time of year. Serving staff are all wearing masks . Hotel breakfast is now served outside rather than dining room.

Out and about very few people are wearing masks but you do need one with you as have to wear in in shops / supermarket
Thanks for this, it makes me feel much better - glad you’re enjoying your holiday! That’s the thing, everything I’ve seen and read Croatia is pretty much back to normal and had very few cases to begin with. It’s nice to see people starting to get back on holiday, it’s making me get more excited about going!!

I would absolutely 100% go and I wouldn’t feel guilty if I was you.
I’m starting to feel more positive about it, some of the judgey/negative comments I’ve had off some people that I know have broken the lockdown rules are starting to grate on me though! I could definitely take a cocktail around the pool right now!

Due to go to a turkey 12/09. Just logged in as I couldn’t find our flights on the schedule last night to this. If you’re with first choice/tui may be with a look
Thank you, sorry your hols have been cancelled! We did flights and accommodation separately and everything is still on at the minute but I keep checking.

Thanks for this, it makes me feel much better - glad you’re enjoying your holiday! That’s the thing, everything I’ve seen and read Croatia is pretty much back to normal and had very few cases to begin with. It’s nice to see people starting to get back on holiday, it’s making me get more excited about going!!

I’m starting to feel more positive about it, some of the judgey/negative comments I’ve had off some people that I know have broken the lockdown rules are starting to grate on me though! I could definitely take a cocktail around the pool right now!

Thank you, sorry your hols have been cancelled! We did flights and accommodation separately and everything is still on at the minute but I keep checking.

I was really strict during lockdown and pre

There was some people clearly ignoring the rules on the plane which was a shame and pissed me off, at least if you are going to travel gave the decency to follow the rules 🙄 hopefully they don't end up grounding flights again because people think they are above the rules! As I only had a short flight I just kept my mask on the entire time , didn't even bother eating or drinking.

After passport control we went to the new area where you got temp check and handed in our necessary track and trace form .

Just wondering what people's thoughts are on holidays this year? Are you going on one still?
I'd like to book something, but not sure what's safe at the moment and what happens if there is another covid wave.

I’ve booked a lodge and hot tub next month and a theme park break with the kiddos Oct half term (took advantage of a very cheap hotel deal).

I previously said I wouldn’t book a holiday abroad this year and I stand by it but if I had a European break booked for the summer holidays I would be off first chance I had

Reactions: 3
We were due to go on holiday end of April but obvs with lockdown our flights were cancelled - so my partners mum rearranged those flights for mid August this year. I absolutely do NOT want to go and I’m fully expecting a second wave. I have so many anxieties about it all and it doesn’t help having my one year old going too. I’ve tried talking to my partner about it but he makes me feel ungrateful as it is his parents who paid for the holiday. I’d just rather be safe than sorry.