Holidays after virus

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
We’ve moved a cruise we were meant to go on this July to next may. Moved it really early as we are stuck with school holidays, we got credit to move it and not cancel so it was slightly cheaper.

I work with hoteliers and they’ve said all hotel chains etc are working towards this July date, and if you want to holiday in the uk this summer, book now with flexibile dates because they think it’s going to explode once people are given freedom.

My deposit is £300. I can afford to lose it but I want to hold out hope for the holiday as it’s a “special one”. I got a fantastic deal on it in the first place and I just know I’ll never be able to afford take her if it’s not this year. I only booked in Feb too - bloody typical!!

Side note - I have told family & friends I that I’m not having a birthday this year and wiping out the entire year so could persuade my mum to do the same and turn 60 again next year 😂🤷🏼‍♀️
We had got a brilliant deal as well, we were going to Florida and Mexico and it’s annoying knowing we won’t ever get the same price to go back. This year I feel that holidays will go ahead but maybe not live up to our expectations or what we would call ‘normal’.

We had got a brilliant deal as well, we were going to Florida and Mexico and it’s annoying knowing we won’t ever get the same price to go back. This year I feel that holidays will go ahead but maybe not live up to our expectations or what we would call ‘normal’.
Ah such a shame you will he missing that and definitely one you need everything “normal” to enjoy properly. I hope you have a lovely time when you finally get chance to go! Xx

Reactions: 1
Ah such a shame you will he missing that and definitely one you need everything “normal” to enjoy properly. I hope you have a lovely time when you finally get chance to go! Xx
Yeah for sure! I hope everything works out for your trip wether you decide to go or not! Xx

I am due to take my mum on a surprise holiday to Dubai in October (for her 60th birthday). It has to be paid for by mid August and I really don’t know what to do! I’ve looked at the prices for next year and like most on this thread it’s over double the price I paid and I just won’t be able to afford it then so even if I pay it and it gets cancelled then a voucher may not cover the same holiday again next year. Should I pay the balance in August or just lose my deposit and move on?
Dubai have had low numbers of The virus. October is a good few months away, I think you will be fine by then. You’ve still got a good while before the balance is due so I would just sit it out and wait.

I’d love to go back to New York or South Korea because I enjoy travelling to cities. But it’s going to be a while I can just tell...

I see Jet2 have pushed their holidays back again and everything cancelled up until 14th July.

I’m due to go to Spain in August but I hope the company lets me rebook for next summer.

The thought of staying in a hotel and using toilets etc when you don’t know who’s been there, as well as the plane journey worsens my anxiety. I know I wouldn’t be able to relax and enjoy myself.

What do we think about U.K. holidays this summer?
Are they safe? Will they happen?
I’m still too nervous to book. Simply I can’t afford for a holiday company to take weeks to refund me or give me an alternative date which is much less in cost but keep the difference- I have actually seen this in a few companies small print.
I read that Wales is likely to impose a 5 mile travel limit on visitors, which will put a lot of people off.
I’m figuring October half term will be near enough back to normal and it probably the dates worth looking at?

I think Oct half term is a good bet.

Ive booked a lodge and hot tub in August but it’s got a flexible rate so I can move it.

Reactions: 2
Waiting on a refund from Virgin at the moment, I have seen they are quoting 90+ days!! 😫

Also got a weekend break in Brighton for the end of July, I hope that will go ahead!

I’m supposed to be going to Tunisia in August.
Whilst Tunisia has had lower rates of virus the problem is it’s primarily Russian, British and mainland EU tourists at this hotel. And those countries (Britain and Russia in particular) are of concern.

Fundamentally I’m against going to all inclusive for a beach chill to have; no pools, restrictions on areas, screens dividing everywhere, meals served and not buffet( not true all inc my opinion)

I only have the odd lazy beach chill holiday so I want full all inc. otherwise I’d go my normal city break/travelling around countries holidays.

I’m supposed to be going to Tunisia in August.
Whilst Tunisia has had lower rates of virus the problem is it’s primarily Russian, British and mainland EU tourists at this hotel. And those countries (Britain and Russia in particular) are of concern.
Fundamentally I’m against going to all inclusive for a beach chill to have; no pools, restrictions on areas, screens dividing everywhere, meals served and not buffet( not true all inc my opinion)
I only have the odd lazy beach chill holiday so I want full all inc. otherwise I’d go my normal city break/travelling around countries holidays.
We looked at booking Tunisia in August but I think masks are mandatory in all areas, and although I do understand why they are necessary, I don't fancy lying by the pool with one, and coming back with a white patch on my face. Our Gran Canaria holiday (July 2nd) is now being cancelled, and hubby wont be able to quarantine on from any hol (we were going to try for a week in Aug/Sep) so i think we are just going to have to forget it for this year.

We looked at booking Tunisia in August but I think masks are mandatory in all areas, and although I do understand why they are necessary, I don't fancy lying by the pool with one, and coming back with a white patch on my face. Our Gran Canaria holiday (July 2nd) is now being cancelled, and hubby wont be able to quarantine on from any hol (we were going to try for a week in Aug/Sep) so i think we are just going to have to forget it for this year.
That’s a fair point! I didn’t realise the mask situation. I’m not disagreeing with them but I do disagree that going on holiday with no pools, forced mask use constantly, set meal times, entertainment restrictions and possible restrictions on beach use etc being classed as a relaxing break! I would/will argue with TUI that this is NOT a reasonable or relaxing holiday. I kind of hope ours cancels as well. We will take our money back and get away next year.

Yeah, my man is in the same boat. He can’t take 2 weeks off additional for quarantine. His work is already doing redundancies so aint the best time for that!

I’m interested to see what happens now holidays have restarted in Spain for Germans. I feel hopeful now it’s started I really hope that it will turn out ok. I’ve gone from thinking I absolutely won’t go on holiday this year to thinking that while holidays are working at 50% occupancy, if our government allow non essential travel I might be tempted. No fights for sun beds, beaches not packed. It might be nice. I’m desperate for a holiday! 😩

That’s a fair point! I didn’t realise the mask situation. I’m not disagreeing with them but I do disagree that going on holiday with no pools, forced mask use constantly, set meal times, entertainment restrictions and possible restrictions on beach use etc being classed as a relaxing break! I would/will argue with TUI that this is NOT a reasonable or relaxing holiday. I kind of hope ours cancels as well. We will take our money back and get away next year.

Yeah, my man is in the same boat. He can’t take 2 weeks off additional for quarantine. His work is already doing redundancies so aint the best time for that!
I would also worry about actually contracting Covid. Imagine being so poorly that you need hospitalisation? I wonder if travel insurance companies covering Covid hospital admissions?

Sooo anybody have anything planned for the coming few weeks ?

How do you feel about it ?

I have booked something as it was cheap enough for me to loose if I decide not to go. I am swaying between excited and thinking I have gone insane.

I am on the side of people who have taken extreme precautions so really not sure what I was thinking. Even if I do decide to go I have no idea if my body will cooperate ( I had anxiety, panic attacks and PTSD from something prior to covid)

But travel is my life UK or abroad I'm not fussy 😂 . I love the freedom and the feeling of going somewhere and no idea where my hotel will be that night. If anything covid has made me realise I want to travel even more than before.

So I'm currently torn between my itchy feet wanting to jump on the plane I booked and crippling anxiety that I have lost my mind and am behaving totally recklessly and I don't know what to do!!

How is everybody else feeling about upcoming trips?

Sooo anybody have anything planned for the coming few weeks ?

How do you feel about it ?

I have booked something as it was cheap enough for me to loose if I decide not to go. I am swaying between excited and thinking I have gone insane.

I am on the side of people who have taken extreme precautions so really not sure what I was thinking. Even if I do decide to go I have no idea if my body will cooperate ( I had anxiety, panic attacks and PTSD from something prior to covid)

But travel is my life UK or abroad I'm not fussy 😂 . I love the freedom and the feeling of going somewhere and no idea where my hotel will be that night. If anything covid has made me realise I want to travel even more than before.

So I'm currently torn between my itchy feet wanting to jump on the plane I booked and crippling anxiety that I have lost my mind and am behaving totally recklessly and I don't know what to do!!

How is everybody else feeling about upcoming trips?
I am pretty much on the same page as you. Travel is everything to me and I feel like my wings have been clipped and is one of the things I’m finding hardest to be honest. I’ve had a pretty rough few years and this year was the first that husband and I felt could be good. Travel was going to be the biggest part of it. We are desperate to get away but like you I can’t decide whether it’s a good idea or madness. I worry that if we don’t go on holiday soon things could get worse and we may not get another chance for a really long time. But on the other hand I’m very conscious of the only reason there will be a potential second wave will be because of people moving around too much and being around other people.

We’ve decided for now we’ll wait until the first few weeks of holidays have happened to see if there are any changes and also to see what sort of holiday people are having. Id only want to go really if it still felt like a relaxing holiday instead of one where I was worrying all the time or there are restrictions on things. But definitely feeling sad and frustrated as I really wanted to start getting back out and seeing the world. Have been really itching to be able to do the west coast of America and at the moment with how things are over there I can’t see that happening for a really long time.

I just read an article on daily mail, and have had Barbados on my list for months but corona come along, I just don't want to go on holiday and wear a mask too hot for that! but other than that really want to go to the south of France for a shorter break this summer.

I just read an article on daily mail, and have had Barbados on my list for months but corona come along, I just don't want to go on holiday and wear a mask too hot for that! but other than that really want to go to the south of France for a shorter break this summer.
I saw a post today about changes to euro tunnel that sounded ok for French driving holidays