Holidays after virus

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’ve booked a hot tub lodge for a weekend in September at a quiet place for the weekend before my Dd goes back to uni. We can walk to the beach and have some lovely walks and if not DVD’s in the lodge.

We are visiting family abroad in Italy late Aug so the biggest risk will be the plane journey/airport. We are going to a region that is better off than england for covid. And plan to hang out at home/in the pool/at the beach.

Although we are very tempted to get the train into Rome or another tourist site as this will prob be the only chance to visit when no Americans so will be nice and quiet.

Reactions: 1
I’m not, we had a week booked in Spain last week, flights were not cancelled but we decided not to go.

Desperate for a holiday but we’re really unsure what to do. Have said we’d probably only book something last minute (which we usually do anyway) as things can change so quickly. Sometimes I think it would be a silly thing to do going away during a pandemic, then yesterday I thought that the chance of us catching covid & potentially dying is probably lower than the chance of going out and getting run over by a car. But low risk isnt no risk. Think it would be quite nice to go away while there are less people about though.

Reactions: 2
Desperate for a holiday but we’re really unsure what to do. Have said we’d probably only book something last minute (which we usually do anyway) as things can change so quickly. Sometimes I think it would be a silly thing to do going away during a pandemic, then yesterday I thought that the chance of us catching covid & potentially dying is probably lower than the chance of going out and getting run over by a car. But low risk isnt no risk. Think it would be quite nice to go away while there are less people about though.
My kinda thoughts
If you’re gonna get it you’re gonna get it
I worked through the peak of covid as a nurse with just surgical masks so wearing a surgical masks on a plane doesn’t phase me at all and once you’re on holiday you’re outside majority of the time where the risk is low and the hotels have all their guidelines in place for guests so I’m happy to go away

Reactions: 4
My kinda thoughts
If you’re gonna get it you’re gonna get it
I worked through the peak of covid as a nurse with just surgical masks so wearing a surgical masks on a plane doesn’t phase me at all and once you’re on holiday you’re outside majority of the time where the risk is low and the hotels have all their guidelines in place for guests so I’m happy to go away
This is the thing isn’t it, you could go on holiday for 2 weeks and not catch it then pop to the supermarket and catch it. We’ve been super sensible the whole way through, we’re still not going places really but I know we can’t live like this forever

Reactions: 2
My worry is getting Covid abroad ...being on a small island somewhere and needing hospitalisation. I know it’s somewhat irrational as I could be hospitalised for anything but it’s still preventing me from booking anywhere this year.

Reactions: 3
We booked two weeks in France last year for September. Planned to drive there, as always. The place is very, very rural, the owner lives in the UK and the grounds are huge with a private pool that we'll have to ourselves as they'll be no one else there.

We don't eat out that much when we've been to France before - we tend to cook and eat outside. So it would be just going to buy food, same as my partner is doing here.

Final payment is due next month and the owner has said we can make a final decision then and, if we decide not to go, he'll refund us in full.

I've barely been out of the house since March (shielding) whilst my partner hasn't had a day off and everything else we had planned for this year has either been cancelled or rescheduled.

We're still planning to go but my partner is concerned over both governments flip flopping over quarantining. Unlike most people, he would really not be up for another two weeks off work when he got back (he's weird!)

Last edited:
We have 3 young children, we had a camping week in Weymouth cancelled in May, and a camping week in Cornwall cancelled in June.
There’s absolutely no way I’d risk any of us going on aeroplane, but would still like a week in the UK somewhere.

I’m not booking anything this year. I have a couple of London trips the first half of next year and I hopefully want to book an American trip for next October but I’ll see how everything is in the new year before I decide.

We were due to go to Turkey in September but due to a reduced flight pattern ours has been cancelled, also our hotel still hasn’t said if it will open this years. I’ve requested a refund over a credit note and whilst we’re gutted not to be going, we could do with the break, next summer will be here before we know it and we’re planning to go for longer than we normally would next summer. I’m happy and both sad it’s been cancelled. Fully expecting another peak and the risk just isn’t worth it.

I wanted to go to the USA this summer and particularly Chicago and New Orleans and seriously I wanted to go even with corona but my fiance and parents are very concerned and they tell me anything i don't want to hear. I'd go if i didn't have them whine about it. lol

I wanted to go to the USA this summer and particularly Chicago and New Orleans and seriously I wanted to go even with corona but my fiance and parents are very concerned and they tell me anything i don't want to hear. I'd go if i didn't have them whine about it. lol
I did New Orleans last year for Halloween, its an amazing city. If it makes you feel any better, they are closing up everything again there from next week.

I really would love a holiday but unsure if a lot of stuff will even be open? Bars clubs shops etc. Not sure how things are in the rest of Europe

We booked a week in Ibiza yesterday and we're going on Saturday 18th.
Not party Ibiza I might add.
I am going on the hunt for Boxer off Netflix white lines.