Holidays after virus

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Just a thought...

How many of us will feel comfortable going abroad once lockdown is lifted? Not so much going to the country but travelling, flying etc 🤔

• Sad
Reactions: 5
I've got a break booked in this country in 10 weeks time and if the lockdown is lifted I know I'll still feel nervous... I cant see in my mind how we can go from how we are now to just enjoying a family holiday with no concerns or anxieties.

This is actually the first year we didn’t book a holiday abroad as we’ve booked Florida for next year. We had 2 staycations booked though we should have been away now 😩 and one in August so fingers crossed. I’m hoping things will be back to normal(ish) by then but by husband is doubtful for Florida (next June) eek!

Reactions: 3
I won't be travelling until early 2021, just to be on the safe side! I'll miss my summer holiday but I luckily had a skiing holiday late Feb so I shouldn't complain.

Reactions: 3
I just think if you’re gonna get it , you’re gonna get it regardless of what country you might be in or go to

Reactions: 25
I feel exactly the same I work in health so risk getting it daily. Intrigued how people feel about plane journeys though

I feel exactly the same I work in health so risk getting it daily. Intrigued how people feel about plane journeys though
Yea totally I’m a nurse and I wear full PPE every day but whose to say , I’m not gonna get it from touching the bell on the bus or pushing a trolley around Tesco or opening the communal door in my apartment block

• Heart
Reactions: 13
I was travelling in South East Asia at the beginning of the year, and really struggled to get a flight home in February. It was also nerve-wracking, wondering if anyone on the plane (two flights) had the virus. I had to quarantine myself for 2 weeks, then returned to work after that. I am a frontline NHS nurse too, and every day is a challenge. I will be so, so glad when the risk of illness is over and we can all relax. I won't be travelling again for a long time. Staycations for me for the foreseeable future.

Reactions: 7
We have an apartment in Spain, we want to go when its generally considered safe. Its in an area with low population and low number of Corona cases (Almeria) and quite frankly feel like Im going mad here, just need to escape.

Reactions: 9
We were due to go to Amsterdam for mothers day weekend and obviously it was cancelled. Bloody gutted. I'm due my third baby in June so wont be rebooking any time soon. I also booked us a caravan in cornwall for the last week of the summer holidays, it coincides with my son and mums birthdays so also booked my mum and dad and nan a caravan. I'm really hoping we can do the cornwall holiday, I'm really looking forward to it and so is my little boy! My eldest has autism so we've only been abroad once and the airport was quick traumatic for him. X

Reactions: 4
We’re due a Cornwall holiday the last week of May.. what are the chances of that still going ahead? 🤔
I’m not too scared about travelling with the potential of catching it. I’m currently still working in the care industry so risk catching it everyday. Tempted to book a holiday so I have a break to look forward to after the 60 hour weeks I’m working but more nervous it’ll get cancelled!
When do you all think we’ll be able to properly holiday again?

Reactions: 2
I’ll be dubious. Simply because the the thought of myself or a loved one being poorly in a different country terrifies me.

Our Cornwall trip for Easter has obviously been cancelled, we’re booked to go to Spain end of August, if there’s flights I’m going. We also book Disneyland Paris first week in aug, not booked yet but if everything’s back up and running I’ll be booking

Just a thought...

How many of us will feel comfortable going abroad once lockdown is lifted? Not so much going to the country but travelling, flying etc 🤔
I'm ready to go now. I've got 3 different hols booked this year. I accept that my first won't happen and the 2nd is unlikely to happen, but my 3rd - as long as they open the boarders, I'm out!

I just think if you’re gonna get it , you’re gonna get it regardless of what country you might be in or go to
I know people who had it and are fine now. There is no guarantee about me being fine, but I've never been concerned about myself. I don't stay in this myself but for others.

Reactions: 1
First chance of getting on a plane and on holiday I’ll be there. I want to make up for the lost time staying at home as I have already had to cancel 2 holidays, I’m a bit lover of travelling and seeing new places, next year I’m planing on booking a one way flight to Australia to live and work if I can

Reactions: 16
I’ve got a holiday to France booked at the end of August. If flights are on, and the people I’m going with are still happy to go, I will be going.
I think it will depend on how long the lockdown lasts as to how strange it will feel to be travelling -for example, if the restrictions have only just been lifted, being in an airport and on a plane with so many people in a small space will feel strange. But if restrictions have gradually been lifting for a while (for example, since June), I think I’ll feel comfortable with it. Definitely packing hand sanitiser (if there’s any in stock by then😂)

I live on a small island in the Caribbean and if I want to see my family I have no choice but to fly, though quite honestly, it doesn’t bother me.

We were due to go to Portugal in May. Obviously that won't be happening now.
My husband is talking about going somewhere in September, but I'm not too keen on the idea to be honest.

It's not so much being in another country. It's the actual getting there. Jammed into a small plane for a few hours with a couple of hundred people infected with God only knows what. I'm far from OCD, but I think planes are dirty and germ ridden at the best of times.

I’ll be going to Thailand at the end of the year for sure. I could catch it tomorrow by walking into ASDA or if my partner goes and gets it. I could get it from handling a package.

I’ll be supporting the travel sector as much as possible since hundreds of thousands may loose their jobs and I’d like to travel in the future for a decent price

Reactions: 12