Holidays after virus

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Has anyone booked foe nest year yet?
I am considering it but not sure if it's better to wait a while. I see a lot of travel company's are now pushing 2021 holidays.
Has anyone been to Bali? It's my other half's BIG birthday next June so want something a bit special.
Any thoughts on Bali would be much appreciated.

I booked Lanzarote for Aug 2021 before the coronavirus crisis.
It's a little flicker of happiness to focus on 😊

• Heart
Reactions: 2
I’ve been looking for next year, but its triple the price of what we paid for the one that got cancelled this year. Trying to hold off hoping they drop a bit. I understand they need to make the money back, but the prices are ridiculous.

I’ve been looking for next year, but its triple the price of what we paid for the one that got cancelled this year. Trying to hold off hoping they drop a bit. I understand they need to make the money back, but the prices are ridiculous.
I totally agree with you. It's shocking.

Reactions: 1
Yeah I was so up for booking something next year, but as the months have went on I’ve realised maybe not the best idea if your paying triple the price and maybe not getting the same experience if attractions are not open or open on a limited basis, or other changes that have to be made, just won’t make it the same for me

I stupidly accepted the voucher off jet2, just before they rang me (early last month) i seen a couple that seemed not to bad in price. Anyway once my voucher arrived on email went to book, the free child places had been took off & prices shot up. It like they knew 😂 I’ve only got till 31st july to use this voucher aswell, so can’t see much dropping before then.

• Sad
I have just compared the holiday I am supposed to have in July with the exact same one next year.... £950 more expensive!!!

• Angry
  • Sad
We were hoping to go on a cruise before all this happened, the 2021 prices are now triple what they were in January!! I suspect they’ve bumped them up so that people with vouchers don’t get any deals ... super unfair for all involved!

Last edited:
  • Angry
Reactions: 3
Am I being optimistic thinking I’ll be able to fly to Alicante in September 🥴?

Am I being optimistic thinking I’ll be able to fly to Alicante in September 🥴?
You might be able to fly there, but you may have to quarantine when you get there and/or get back to the UK. If you are going to a resort then there will have been changes made to a lot of things that may make it feel different to an usual holiday if that makes sense, ie set dinner times, set sun loungers, no entertainment, reduced numbers in bars and restaurants. I just feel that it wouldn’t be worth the money if you are getting the usual experience we are use to getting out a holiday

I guess the rubbish bit is, that if that is the case you aren’t going to be able to choose to cancel & still get your money back? The holiday would need to be cancelled to get a refund. I’ve got a holiday booked for October and if that is the case I would rather not spend all that money

You might be able to fly there, but you may have to quarantine when you get there and/or get back to the UK. If you are going to a resort then there will have been changes made to a lot of things that may make it feel different to an usual holiday if that makes sense, ie set dinner times, set sun loungers, no entertainment, reduced numbers in bars and restaurants. I just feel that it wouldn’t be worth the money if you are getting the usual experience we are use to getting out a holiday
My dad has a house there so not a hotel environment

Jet2 starting flights from 1st July now.
I'm due to go to canaries on 2nd... but still no idea if theres even gonna be anything open. Will I have to self isolate getting there and coming home?!

Sorry I didn’t read the to and from bit ... i don’t think Spain’s announced its plan for being open yet so not sure about when you get there but definitely 14 days when you get back

D8935FED-6723-48F1-A2C0-015DD58FEB5F.png

I am due to take my mum on a surprise holiday to Dubai in October (for her 60th birthday). It has to be paid for by mid August and I really don’t know what to do! I’ve looked at the prices for next year and like most on this thread it’s over double the price I paid and I just won’t be able to afford it then so even if I pay it and it gets cancelled then a voucher may not cover the same holiday again next year. Should I pay the balance in August or just lose my deposit and move on?

I am due to take my mum on a surprise holiday to Dubai in October (for her 60th birthday). It has to be paid for by mid August and I really don’t know what to do! I’ve looked at the prices for next year and like most on this thread it’s over double the price I paid and I just won’t be able to afford it then so even if I pay it and it gets cancelled then a voucher may not cover the same holiday again next year. Should I pay the balance in August or just lose my deposit and move on?
We lost our deposit and moved on.. but our deposit was only £49 each so we didn’t lose anything in the grand scheme of things, depends how much your deposit is. If it’s not that much and you really don’t want to go, then I would cancel. Some airlines are staying their flights up again in July so there might not be a chance it will be cancelled on their end

We lost our deposit and moved on.. but our deposit was only £49 each so we didn’t lose anything in the grand scheme of things, depends how much your deposit is. If it’s not that much and you really don’t want to go, then I would cancel. Some airlines are staying their flights up again in July so there might not be a chance it will be cancelled on their end
My deposit is £300. I can afford to lose it but I want to hold out hope for the holiday as it’s a “special one”. I got a fantastic deal on it in the first place and I just know I’ll never be able to afford take her if it’s not this year. I only booked in Feb too - bloody typical!!

Side note - I have told family & friends I that I’m not having a birthday this year and wiping out the entire year so could persuade my mum to do the same and turn 60 again next year 😂🤷🏼‍♀️