Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Northeast1988

VIP Member
I just think if you’re gonna get it , you’re gonna get it regardless of what country you might be in or go to

Reactions: 25

Bubble And Squeak

First chance of getting on a plane and on holiday I’ll be there. I want to make up for the lost time staying at home as I have already had to cancel 2 holidays, I’m a bit lover of travelling and seeing new places, next year I’m planing on booking a one way flight to Australia to live and work if I can

Reactions: 16

Northeast1988

VIP Member
I feel exactly the same I work in health so risk getting it daily. Intrigued how people feel about plane journeys though
Yea totally I’m a nurse and I wear full PPE every day but whose to say , I’m not gonna get it from touching the bell on the bus or pushing a trolley around Tesco or opening the communal door in my apartment block

• Heart
Reactions: 13

urghmummybloggers

VIP Member
I’ll be going to Thailand at the end of the year for sure. I could catch it tomorrow by walking into ASDA or if my partner goes and gets it. I could get it from handling a package.

I’ll be supporting the travel sector as much as possible since hundreds of thousands may loose their jobs and I’d like to travel in the future for a decent price

Reactions: 12

muncher

We have an apartment in Spain, we want to go when its generally considered safe. Its in an area with low population and low number of Corona cases (Almeria) and quite frankly feel like Im going mad here, just need to escape.

Reactions: 9

Sallycinnamon_

First chance we get I will be booking a flight somewhere. Had 2 holidays cancelled due to covid 19. I will take strict hand hygiene precautions on the plane.

Reactions: 9

RedMagnolia

VIP Member
I was travelling in South East Asia at the beginning of the year, and really struggled to get a flight home in February. It was also nerve-wracking, wondering if anyone on the plane (two flights) had the virus. I had to quarantine myself for 2 weeks, then returned to work after that. I am a frontline NHS nurse too, and every day is a challenge. I will be so, so glad when the risk of illness is over and we can all relax. I won't be travelling again for a long time. Staycations for me for the foreseeable future.

Reactions: 7

TJ90

VIP Member
I’ll be going abroad as soon as I can. The world will need people to act as normal as possible once this is over to boost the economy. I’ve had three holidays cancelled up to now. The minute flights are touching down in other countries I’ll be booking a last minute deal. To be fair I’d settle for anywhere that isn’t my living room or Morrison’s once a week at the moment

• Heart
Reactions: 7

Keiffers pipe

I’d be really interested on everybody’s thoughts on going away soon given the new announcements, and if anybody is planning on?
Long story short, we were supposed to get married in Italy on 30th July. That’s all been cancelled and moved to next year BUT we booked a mini moon in Croatia for a week after the wedding, going on 5th August. The hotel has been fully paid and our return flights haven’t been cancelled, and it’s looking likely travel advice will mean that we can go. If we can go the hotel won’t refund us and we can’t claim on the insurance as it’s simply us not wanting to travel, and we’d lose almost £3k.
I’m so conflicted - obviously it’s a lot of money to lose, but more than the money I’d love nothing more than a holiday after the past few months (as we all would) and Croatia has such a low infection rate I wouldn’t be worried about travelling. But on the other hand I’d feel incredibly selfish going away at the moment. Im really interested in what you guys would do?? Xx
I am on holiday now. Hotel fabulous. Loads cleaning staff and sanitizer stations . All staff in masks.

Flight wasn't great but not the airline's fault , just some passengers who thought the rules didn't apply to them 🤬

• Heart
Reactions: 6

101d

VIP Member
I have my first trip to Florida booked for June 5th! Not currently cancelled but obviously expecting it to be. The holiday was already cancelled once when Thomas Cook went bust, maybe we are just not meant to go! :p

• Sad
Reactions: 5

TheMeg

I feel exactly the same I work in health so risk getting it daily. Intrigued how people feel about plane journeys though

TheMeg

Just a thought...

How many of us will feel comfortable going abroad once lockdown is lifted? Not so much going to the country but travelling, flying etc 🤔

• Sad

Pixipoppy

VIP Member
Can’t see myself feeling much different about travel than before, there’s always a risk of catching SOMETHING on a plane, or It crashing, or being hit by a bus etc. I’ll probably just be a bit better with hand hygiene (not to say I wasn’t before!).

Doingitforthegram

Chatty Member
I've got a break booked in this country in 10 weeks time and if the lockdown is lifted I know I'll still feel nervous... I cant see in my mind how we can go from how we are now to just enjoying a family holiday with no concerns or anxieties.

Redwine

I think 2020 will pretty much be a write off. And then when the airlines do start again the flights will be mega expensive to make up for the loss.

Tor88

I’m due to go to Turkey in September and I’m hoping we can go. Not nervous about the flight as there’s usually so many germs anyway but nervous of the airport. Easier to maintain hygiene in a confined space where you’re not moving than a large airport.

Bubble And Squeak

Yesterday me and my boyfriend bought a little van to convert into a camper, that way we can still get away and tour Scotland/England and Wales for the next year or so and hopefully by 2022 travel will go back to the normal as we knew it! We are planing a working holiday visa in Australia

Reactions: 4