Holidays after virus

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I don't think holidays will happen but flights will. Ie if you're travelling say to Germany or turkey to see family it will be fine, but resort holidays won't happen. We were due to pay a massive final balance on our summer holiday to Malaysia but the agents told us it's best not to pay and to ask for a credit note for the deposit. Apparently the credit note it's atol protected and we can use it against another holiday for next year. Still don't know if that's right but it made no sense to pay thousands for a holiday we know will definitely not be happening and it could until the end of the year to get the money back.

Does anyone think there will be any point holidaying in the uk this year? According to the exit plan (if it’s correct) they won’t be letting bars and restaurants open until the end of August/September. I know we’ll have to wait and see what’s officially said but would there be any point if there’s nowhere to eat out etc? I really feel for the small businesses that will suffer, it’s awful. Obviously we’ve got to put health first
I agree with the comment above holidays won’t be the same this year even ones that happen at the end of the year we’ll always have to take caution and they’re still unsure weather it’s going to a seasonal virus .. I think next year will still be different too , life’s Proberly going to be different for a long time, everywhere’s going to suffer so many people have lost there jobs and won’t be able to afford holidays abroad

Reactions: 1
I don't think holidays will happen but flights will. Ie if you're travelling say to Germany or turkey to see family it will be fine, but resort holidays won't happen. We were due to pay a massive final balance on our summer holiday to Malaysia but the agents told us it's best not to pay and to ask for a credit note for the deposit. Apparently the credit note it's atol protected and we can use it against another holiday for next year. Still don't know if that's right but it made no sense to pay thousands for a holiday we know will definitely not be happening and it could until the end of the year to get the money back.
I'd ask for a refund as a credit note might only be good for the company you originally booked with. If they go out of business I'd imagine the credit note would be worthless. Also I'd check about your final payment as if you don't pay it the company could say it was a breach of contract and refuse to pay any monies already paid.

We asked all these questions, they said the credit invoice is atol protected so if they go bust we'd get the deposit monies back. It's not ideal but would be happy to book another holiday with the company using our deposit. They can't issue a refund unless we pay the final balance and then if cancelled it could take months for a repayment. We weighed up the options and went for atol protected credit note.

It's a nightmare!

We are booked to go to Florida in October - everything is booked directly with Disney so I'm confident if we can't go we will just be refunded, however if we can as we are both very low risk, we will be going.

I have booked 2 Florida trips for next year (May and October) rather than the usual 1 we would have in case this year does get cancelled.

If we can't go to the US by October but for instance, Tenerife were open, i will book something for there.

Does anyone think there will be any point holidaying in the uk this year? According to the exit plan (if it’s correct) they won’t be letting bars and restaurants open until the end of August/September. I know we’ll have to wait and see what’s officially said but would there be any point if there’s nowhere to eat out etc? I really feel for the small businesses that will suffer, it’s awful. Obviously we’ve got to put health first
I was saying to my boyfriend that if we could then book a little self catering lodge somewhere in the highlands or go wild camping! Take our own food, means we will still get a break somehow

I have tickets for a festival in sept... this is hardly likely to go ahead is it, but theres no updates from festival organisers, and we need to cancel hotels and stuff.
I suspect they'll offer the chance to roll tickets forward for next year if its cancelled 🤷🏼‍♀️

I have tickets for a festival in sept... this is hardly likely to go ahead is it, but theres no updates from festival organisers, and we need to cancel hotels and stuff.
I suspect they'll offer the chance to roll tickets forward for next year if its cancelled 🤷🏼‍♀️
My son had a ticket for the Transmit festival in Glasgow. It was cancelled just over a week ago and he was offered a refund or a ticket for next year.
To be honest it had to be cancelled for the name alone.

• Haha
Reactions: 2
Just a question on here anyone doing a sun hoilday deal? Mine was suppost to be on 15th of may with a carvan site in skegness. Apparently we can still go even though nothing will be available to us ie entertainment shops etc. Because the carvan is two metres apart from each other. But some else I know also doing a sun hoilday different campsite in june has been told its cancelled and getting a full refund. I've told them we dont want to go in may and just lost £70 because they wont refund
I have a sun holiday booked for August 31st. Obviously too far to contact the company about it just yet, but they've closed the park so we would get a refund if it isnt open I believe. I thought they couldnt legally refuse a refund now? Its not essential travel so you arent allowed to go to the site.

I have a sun holiday booked for August 31st. Obviously too far to contact the company about it just yet, but they've closed the park so we would get a refund if it isnt open I believe. I thought they couldnt legally refuse a refund now? Its not essential travel so you arent allowed to go to the site.
Going to phone on Monday if they havent already emailed s response to a email I sent after i rudely got told on the phone i would lose my money then

Does anyone think butlins will be open by August September?
Possibly the accommodation but not the entertainment & pools so they’ll maybe give people the choice if they still want to come or not then again I think boris might say no essential travel to stay in place for a few months

• Sad
I have a holiday booked for October and my husband is frantic about it as he said this will still be going in for long time and he said sharing a pool with people and going into accommodation after people is going to increase the risk of catching this. I dont know what to do as we didnt take holiday insurance and it's a group booking to Lanzarote. Any advice welcome?

I have a holiday booked for October and my husband is frantic about it as he said this will still be going in for long time and he said sharing a pool with people and going into accommodation after people is going to increase the risk of catching this. I dont know what to do as we didnt take holiday insurance and it's a group booking to Lanzarote. Any advice welcome?
Give the pool a miss and why not take a disinfectant spray with you and give the room a once over when you first get in.

I’ve heard pools are fine as the Chlorine kills it but it’s the risk of someone swimming near you 🤮

Can you look at changing the date, we are due to go away in October too, when all this started I was thinking it’ll all be gone by then but there’s no way I’m risking it. Im going to change it to next year

I want to go On holiday as we’ve booked for September but I’ll don’t the thought of a holiday with no pool etc is very very boring, I’d love to be able to cancel but we’d lose all the money. We have insurance but this pandemic is not covered by it. So if it’s on we have to go I suppose but I’d just like for them to say no holidays this year etc. Obviously they won’t as tourism is needed for the economy and they’ll keep us hanging on but I think non essential travel will be banned for a while.

Don’t want to be negative but I don’t know if travel will be allowed this year at all, especially with so many now ignoring lockdown rules I wouldn’t be surprised if there is a second peak.

I certainly wouldn’t be booking anything because god knows when you’d get the money back if it can’t go ahead or if the company goes bust.

Reactions: 4