Holidays #3 2023 & 2024

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Have never been to Vienna, but would love to go! Absolutely love Poland. Been to Gdańsk , Warsaw and krakow.
poznan and Wrocław are on my list.
Poznań is beautiful, it is to date one of the best vacations I’ve ever been on. Was there for a week, had a busy day every day and still didn’t see everything. Service is excellent there too. I loved Warsaw but Poznań is even better.

I also would like to see more of Poland.

Reactions: 2
Xmas market questions!
A friend and I want to do a Xmas market abroad. Where is good to go? And are there any that start in Nov?
I can’t really take time off in Dec.
I’m sure somebody mentioned that Croatia is good.
Also is there a website maybe with some info
I'd have a google as I think most of the German ones start the last week of November. We've done Frankfurt and daytripped to Heidelberg which is gorgeous v traditional, also done Munich which is great. Bruges is v touristy but I love it, always nice to visit in the winter 😊 Now you're making me want to plan a christmas market trip!

We went to cologne mid November a few years ago (not for the Xmas markets) and they were getting set up the stalls for the following week, so would say end of November!

Reactions: 1
Xmas market questions!
A friend and I want to do a Xmas market abroad. Where is good to go? And are there any that start in Nov?
I can’t really take time off in Dec.
I’m sure somebody mentioned that Croatia is good.
Also is there a website maybe with some info
I think most start in the last week of November, you’ll be able to find out the dates online. We went to Strasbourg the last weekend in November last year. My post might be in the last thread, other than it being very busy the opening weekend, it was good!

Ooh please share! I’ve booked Majorca September and Egypt although that’s in Jan. trying to go to Greece but can’t seem to decide where and it’s looking pretty expensive atm 😭😭
Me and my partner have lots of Little uk getaways planned but would like to do Amsterdam, Cambridge and Lisbon for a few nights
Exciting!!! Greece is so expensive isn’t it, didn’t realise how much it would all add up to at first :eek: we are very excited.. Amsterdam and Lisbon are lit!!

Off to Tenby tomorrow for the weekend. Have lovely restaurants booked for both nights.,
just gonna chill walk eat and drink.😀

• Heart
Imo just google and look at tripadvisor ratings before anything else as long as the hotel has everything you want.
That’s why I like onthebeach as you can filter for tripadvisor ratings whilst looking. I never pick it unless it’s 4 stars on tripadvisor but prefer 4.5 😄 I think the tripadvisor ratings are the most important thing. Which makes my friend a nightmare to book with as she just looks at the professional pics and goes of that 🙄 and then I look and the tripadvisor score is like 3 stars and I refuse. I then find one with a good tripadvisor rating and she looks at the professional pics and will be like I don’t like the decor so no 🙃
I am the same !! My other half just looks at pictures but I like to see what everyone else says!

I’m going to Dubai on 25th and so excited, we only have three days (didn’t book longer cos of the dog lol) but we are going on a speedboat tour, a helicopter from the palm, a zip wire across the marina, an abra boat ride at madinat souk, burj khalifa and a meal at Hell’s Kitchen restaurant. Not as much time for some sunbathing as I would like but no point in lying around and not seeing anything. Totally appreciate we are not seeing any of ‘old’ Dubai but just don’t have time!

Reactions: 3
I’m off to portugal next week, will be basically travelling and exploring alone…will I look really stupid with a little phone tripod to take photos of myself? 😅

• Heart
I’m off to portugal next week, will be basically travelling and exploring alone…will I look really stupid with a little phone tripod to take photos of myself? 😅
Nooo do it! I used to be self conscious doing it but you’ll probably never see those people again 😂
Have a lovely time ❤

• Heart
Okay coming from my previous post about greece, I think we're now going to do a city break in August 😂
Any tips for Milan or Rome?
More as in anything we should avoid, places to visit, restaurants?
Our hotel is within walking distance / 15 min journey to the centre :)

We went to Rome in October and had the best time. Would warn Rome in August will be very hot and humid and super busy.

Some food/drink recommendations from my husband's friend who grew up in Rome and still spends a lot of time there -
https://www.trapizzino.it/en/ for delicious streetfood like pizza but in a pocket shape - we visited the one in Trastavere but there are a few outlets across the city
Santa Trastavere was a cute spot for dinner/drinks
404 Name Not Found is a cute bar
Slow Wine Beer Food was so good for pasta - but was cash only

Visit the Patheon first thing in the morning on a weekday - its free and you hopefully wont have to queue much.
Book the Colosseum online before you go don't get sucked in by ticket touts.

We didn't do the Vatican this time as I've done it before but again I think that's one to book online ahead otherwise you'll be queueing for a long time.

• Heart
We went to Rome in October and had the best time. Would warn Rome in August will be very hot and humid and super busy.

Some food/drink recommendations from my husband's friend who grew up in Rome and still spends a lot of time there -
https://www.trapizzino.it/en/ for delicious streetfood like pizza but in a pocket shape - we visited the one in Trastavere but there are a few outlets across the city
Santa Trastavere was a cute spot for dinner/drinks
404 Name Not Found is a cute bar
Slow Wine Beer Food was so good for pasta - but was cash only

Visit the Patheon first thing in the morning on a weekday - its free and you hopefully wont have to queue much.
Book the Colosseum online before you go don't get sucked in by ticket touts.

We didn't do the Vatican this time as I've done it before but again I think that's one to book online ahead otherwise you'll be queueing for a long time.
You're a star, thank you so much!
We are stuck between Rome or Milan, so trying to get as many different opinions as possible !!

You're a star, thank you so much!
We are stuck between Rome or Milan, so trying to get as many different opinions as possible !!
Definitely 100% go for Rome!! You can easily see all the interesting sites in Milan in a day, for me there’s no comparison. I’ve travelled to quite a few places in Italy, and Milan is the only place I wouldn’t rush back to, once you’ve seen the Duomo and the pretty shopping arcade right next door, that’s about it 🫣 it’s quite a financey, busy city. Even if you’re into fashion or football, there’s not loads to see. Sorry I promise I’m not a hater 🤣 there’s lots of other places you could visit from Milan though - the lakes, Venice, Verona, even further afield as the trains are cheap, fast and very nice and simple to use.

• Heart
This time in two weeks we'll be at the airport hotel ready to fly out in the morning to The Maldives for our honeymoon! We're risking it a bit going in the changeover season where the weather can be more unpredictable so keeping everything crossed.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
This time in two weeks we'll be at the airport hotel ready to fly out in the morning to The Maldives for our honeymoon! We're risking it a bit going in the changeover season where the weather can be more unpredictable so keeping everything crossed.
Ooo lucky you!....been to Maldives twice ( both times in September to Kandolhu and had fabulous time) and would return in a heartbeat .....the view from the plane as you head over the atolls towards Male is breathtaking

Okay coming from my previous post about greece, I think we're now going to do a city break in August 😂
If you are trying to choose between the two I'd go for Rome. Rome has tons of restaurants and how busy it is does not always indicate quality so check reviews. I'd also recommend eating local so the Roman dishes ie carbonara, amatriciana, suppli etc (Italians are super intense about food regions). Visit Trastevere, it's really fun for nightlife and food.

I was in Rome back in February went last year too I love it! Travestere area is a nice place for food and bars. Roman Forum is a must. I stay in Piazza Navona and if your near there I would highly recommend Il Tagliere Toscana for lunch and Pointe E Parione for dinner. They do the best homemade pasta. Castel D'Anglo which is close to the Vatican has amazing views of the city from the top you can stop for coffee or spritz there. Jewish Quarters are very interesting to visit and have a muesuem to also visit that we enjoyed. Only thing I would say to avoid is eating near tourist attractions as the food isn't as good and can be expensive.

• Heart
Has anyone been to Turkey end of July/early August? Wondering if it’ll be too hot for my 5 year old.

Trying to find a decent AI holiday in summer holidays without it costing £4k plus for the 3 of uso_O. Problem is I’m fussy when it comes to hotels and we’ve been lucky previously with getting some good deals (admittedly out of term times).

I have been at the end of august and it was hot. I took a pic of one of the temperature things and it was 37 degrees!
I don’t remember it being horrible to be in though, with a pool, shade and drinks etc

Has anyone been to Turkey end of July/early August? Wondering if it’ll be too hot for my 5 year old.

Trying to find a decent AI holiday in summer holidays without it costing £4k plus for the 3 of uso_O. Problem is I’m fussy when it comes to hotels and we’ve been lucky previously with getting some good deals (admittedly out of term times).

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.