Holidays #3 2023 & 2024

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Anyone with a family of 6, give any recommendations of where you're going, who you booked with and the cost?
I really struggle with holidays for large families

I’ve recently returned from 2 weeks in Costa Rica, for anyone who loves nature and wildlife I thoroughly recommend it - it’s an amazing, beautiful country. We did a 3 centre destination trip to get the most from the most micro diverse country on the planet (I used Hayes and Jarvis for this).

We are going to Malta in August - has anyone been who can recommend any sight seeing trips?

• Heart
Reactions: 1
Does anyone else have a travel wish list? Currently saving and looking at buying a home so all travel plans are on hold and it’s slightly depressing me 🥹

Los Angeles
San Fransisco
Iceland
Tulum
Positano
Portofino
Amsterdam
Venice
Austria
Maldives
Paris
Rome
Santorini

• Heart
Does anyone else have a travel wish list? Currently saving and looking at buying a home so all travel plans are on hold and it’s slightly depressing me 🥹

Los Angeles
San Fransisco
Iceland
Tulum
Positano
Portofino
Amsterdam
Venice
Austria
Maldives
Paris
Rome
Santorini
Usually I have more on my list but been to a few of them recently so it’s shorter than normal, I need more inspo 😄
1. Somewhere to see the northern lights either Lapland/Iceland
2. Cappadocia
I’ll probably go to one of these next year I just can’t decide which 😄
3. Some YouTubers went to Norway and went swimming with wild orcas that’s on my bucket list but very expensive so probably will never happen 😂 (unless I win the lottery)
4. Galápagos Islands

For sure! Sometimes it changes but these are the permanent fixtures.
Japan
China
Vietnam (happening soon)
New Orleans in the US
The Philippines
Singapore

I've done most of my favourites in Europe but low key
Krakow
Lisbon

Usually I have more on my list but been to a few of them recently so it’s shorter than normal, I need more inspo 😄
1. Somewhere to see the northern lights either Lapland/Iceland
2. Cappadocia
I’ll probably go to one of these next year I just can’t decide which 😄
3. Some YouTubers went to Norway and went swimming with wild orcas that’s on my bucket list but very expensive so probably will never happen 😂 (unless I win the lottery)
4. Galápagos Islands
Omg I’ve always wanted to swim with wild orcas but I thought it was impossible 😂 Do you have a link to the video?

Omg I’ve always wanted to swim with wild orcas but I thought it was impossible 😂 Do you have a link to the video?

There you go if it doesn’t work it was Kara and Nate. To be honest I did think it would be more expensive that it is, although it is still expensive. I priced it up just to see, for I think it’s 6 days on the boat, flights from the UK, 1 night hotel before, 2 night after and a husky ride experience it was I think £4500. Obviously expensive but I expected just the boat to swim with the orcas to be more than that. They have different boats the one I looked at was the cheapest, pretty sure they probably stayed on the best one 😄

Hey lovelies, looking for some help with some decent priced and nice hotels in Greece - preferably near Rhodes?
I am so unsure on every hotel as you think you've found the one and then look on tripadvisor ... 😄
We are wanting somewhere we can relax, but we are not planning on being there everyday as we'd like to be tourists - any recommendations?

Reactions: 3
I'd go May personally. I've been in June twice and it was glorious weather. Plus July and August will be absolutely rammed.
When in June did you go? I’m looking at going the last weekend in June and wondering what it would be like then! Do you have any recommendations at all as well please? ☺

Honeymoon in Mexico this July!
And we've booked Egypt next March for our one year anniversary :love:

Reactions: 2
Anyone with a family of 6, give any recommendations of where you're going, who you booked with and the cost?
I really struggle with holidays for large families
I've just returned from Tenerife, whilst we are only a family of 3 our package was a steal via Jet2 and whilst we were AI, we were so close to some amazing restaurants and bars and it is still good value. Tapa's for 3, 2 deserts, a bottle of good Cava and 2 cokes - €60! If you avoid the local supermarkets and go to the big ones (Mercadona for example) your money goes further

Xmas market questions!
A friend and I want to do a Xmas market abroad. Where is good to go? And are there any that start in Nov?
I can’t really take time off in Dec.
I’m sure somebody mentioned that Croatia is good.
Also is there a website maybe with some info

Why is there an angry face to the OP? Lol, anyways …
Ive got 3 holidays lined up so far, Egypt, Greece and Dubai and I’m so excited!!! My first one is in July so I’m doing a lot of holiday shopping atm 😁
Ooh please share! I’ve booked Majorca September and Egypt although that’s in Jan. trying to go to Greece but can’t seem to decide where and it’s looking pretty expensive atm 😭😭
Me and my partner have lots of Little uk getaways planned but would like to do Amsterdam, Cambridge and Lisbon for a few nights

• Heart
Just been to Poland and onto Vienna next. Not sure what to expect with Vienna, I'm sure it will be very pretty but I'm not thinking too touristy.
Have never been to Vienna, but would love to go! Absolutely love Poland. Been to Gdańsk , Warsaw and krakow.
poznan and Wrocław are on my list.

• Heart
Hey lovelies, looking for some help with some decent priced and nice hotels in Greece - preferably near Rhodes?
I am so unsure on every hotel as you think you've found the one and then look on tripadvisor ... 😄
We are wanting somewhere we can relax, but we are not planning on being there everyday as we'd like to be tourists - any recommendations?
Omg In the same boat as you!! I found a gorgeous one then one reaaallllyyy negative review tipped me right off the whole holiday 🫣

Disney Florida in July and Cruise on The Anthem of the Seas to the Norwegian Fjords in September. I cannot wait. Haven’t had a holiday abroad in nearly 20 years!!! 🎉🎉🎉🎉

• Heart
Reactions: 5
I went to the Maldives in January and going to Turkey in July. Fancy a European city break in September, not sure where yet.

Have never been to Vienna, but would love to go! Absolutely love Poland. Been to Gdańsk , Warsaw and krakow.
poznan and Wrocław are on my list.
Both times I've been to Poland has been in March so would like to go in Summer next times. I did 2 hours in Krakow on a long trip from Warsaw so would probably stay over properly next time. I've heard Wroclaw is great too.

Imo just google and look at tripadvisor ratings before anything else as long as the hotel has everything you want.
That’s why I like onthebeach as you can filter for tripadvisor ratings whilst looking. I never pick it unless it’s 4 stars on tripadvisor but prefer 4.5 😄 I think the tripadvisor ratings are the most important thing. Which makes my friend a nightmare to book with as she just looks at the professional pics and goes of that 🙄 and then I look and the tripadvisor score is like 3 stars and I refuse. I then find one with a good tripadvisor rating and she looks at the professional pics and will be like I don’t like the decor so no 🙃

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.