Holidays #3 2023 & 2024

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Oooh eager to hear about Lisbon as I’ve booked it for September 😊

Got a long weekend in Cotswolds coming up, then Greece in June.

I really want to go to Lake Como but I’m trying to weigh up when to go. I’ve seen a great deal for May for four nights but don’t know if I’m better opting for the latter end of July/early August.

Also really fancy Paris this year too for a girly trip. Trying to twist my best friends arm to go in December as a Christmas present for each other rather than us buying gifts.

Reactions: 1
Oooh eager to hear about Lisbon as I’ve booked it for September 😊

Got a long weekend in Cotswolds coming up, then Greece in June.

I really want to go to Lake Como but I’m trying to weigh up when to go. I’ve seen a great deal for May for four nights but don’t know if I’m better opting for the latter end of July/early August.

Also really fancy Paris this year too for a girly trip. Trying to twist my best friends arm to go in December as a Christmas present for each other rather than us buying gifts.
I'd go May personally. I've been in June twice and it was glorious weather. Plus July and August will be absolutely rammed.

• Heart
Off on a Norwegian fjords cruise in August, so excited! Its been 6 years since our last cruise.

Been looking at flights to Thailand today for next February, yeah I don't think I will be going! Use to be able to fly out there for £400-£600 tops, not anymore, more like £1100 per person (from Manchester).

Back to the drawing board!

• Heart
Haven’t been on a holiday abroad since 2019 and our last family holiday was before our second child was born (he’ll be 6 in August). We’re going to Florida in October for two weeks to do Disney/Universal Studios etc and can’t wait. A good friend of mine got me an amazing planner for my birthday with lots of helpful information in it, and I just purchased new suitcases for the kids so feeling very excited that it’s only a few months away now. 🤩

• Heart
Reactions: 6
So far booked (with my husband) a mid-week break in London at the end of April and for my birthday week in June a gorgeous cottage in the North Yorkshire Moors. In the autumn I’m going to Munich with my daughter for a few days.

I’m planning some more holidays for this year, but still deciding where to go.

Reactions: 4
Hi I wanted to go away end oh July (just me and my 11 year old) I fancy Greece but somewhere traditional that would also have other families there?

As she is an only child I don’t want her to feel isolated but don’t fancy big hotels if that makes sense?

Does anybody have recommendations?

Why is there an angry face to the OP? Lol, anyways …
Ive got 3 holidays lined up so far, Egypt, Greece and Dubai and I’m so excited!!! My first one is in July so I’m doing a lot of holiday shopping atm 😁

Reactions: 3
Hi I wanted to go away end oh July (just me and my 11 year old) I fancy Greece but somewhere traditional that would also have other families there?

As she is an only child I don’t want her to feel isolated but don’t fancy big hotels if that makes sense?

Does anybody have recommendations?
We go to a traditional village in Crete called Koutouloufari, and there is a neighbouring village called Piskopiano. Lovely villages and amazing food. A little further along is Old Hersonissos which is the most beautiful village square, again with gorgeous food.

Then if you want a bit more going on go 10 mins down the hill to main Hersonissos which has loads of shops, bars, there's an arcade, tons of sea front places to eat and drink. There is also a place called Star Beach where you can rent loungers, loads of pools, activities and right on the beach. There is also a waterpark close by.

We always go out of school holidays and stay in a small adult only hotel, but there are loads of really nice family hotels.

If this sounds like something you would like, there is a very active facebook group called Koutouloufari for ever (spelled like that!) and people will fall over themselves to help with recommendations.

In short, there is something for all ages!

We go to a traditional village in Crete called Koutouloufari, and there is a neighbouring village called Piskopiano. Lovely villages and amazing food. A little further along is Old Hersonissos which is the most beautiful village square, again with gorgeous food.

Then if you want a bit more going on go 10 mins down the hill to main Hersonissos which has loads of shops, bars, there's an arcade, tons of sea front places to eat and drink. There is also a place called Star Beach where you can rent loungers, loads of pools, activities and right on the beach. There is also a waterpark close by.

We always go out of school holidays and stay in a small adult only hotel, but there are loads of really nice family hotels.

If this sounds like something you would like, there is a very active facebook group called Koutouloufari for ever (spelled like that!) and people will fall over themselves to help with recommendations.

In short, there is something for all ages!
Fab thank you I’ve been looking at Corfu and Kefalonia today but this sounds ideal!!
Do people (families) tend to stay in the more lively areas or the area you stay?

Fab thank you I’ve been looking at Corfu and Kefalonia today but this sounds ideal!!
Do people (families) tend to stay in the more lively areas or the area you stay?
Both, but from what you’ve said Koutouloufari might suit you. There are some bigger hotels where more families go (not huge, just bigger where we stay. Marni, Asterias and Koutouloufari Village are popular places.

Both, but from what you’ve said Koutouloufari might suit you. There are some bigger hotels where more families go (not huge, just bigger where we stay. Marni, Asterias and Koutouloufari Village are popular places.
Thanks so much. I don’t particularly want to stay AI in bigger resorts as we like to go out and eat etc

I think this is tonight’s research for me 🤣

Thanks so much. I don’t particularly want to stay AI in bigger resorts as we like to go out and eat etc

I think this is tonight’s research for me 🤣
The village places are B&B or self catering. I’d deffo recommend that FB group.

A thread for tips and recommendations on travel destinations.

If anyone has any for Japan that would be great, thanks!

My main bit of advice for Japan would be to go for as long as you can! It’s SO far away. We went for 10 nights a few years ago (Tokyo and Kyoto) as that’s all we could take off work with the travelling either side and was just not long enough with the travelling and the jet lag.

I think 2.5-3 weeks would be ideal as then you’d be able to go more places. It’s an amazing place and we adored Tokyo! X

• Heart
My main bit of advice for Japan would be to go for as long as you can! It’s SO far away. We went for 10 nights a few years ago (Tokyo and Kyoto) as that’s all we could take off work with the travelling either side and was just not long enough with the travelling and the jet lag.

I think 2.5-3 weeks would be ideal as then you’d be able to go more places. It’s an amazing place and we adored Tokyo! X
Thanks a lot! So true, it’s such a long way to go and then try to fit everything in… might struggle with anything less than what you recommend. I’ll definitely take that on board in my planning! :) x

Hi all, I feel a bit silly asking this but we're going to Paris in the beginning of May and with all the news of the protests do you think it would be relatively normal when we go?
Obviously the main strike is today but the news of fire outbreaks and trash piling up in the city has me wondering about our trip.
(I totally agree with what they're protesting/striking about, I just get worried about the violence that can sometimes happen)

Feel free to tell me I'm being stupid etc. I wasn't really thinking about it until family members were stressing about it

Does anyone have recommendations for Thailand? Places to visit, where to stay, and in particular hotels in Koh Samui?

Does anyone have recommendations for Thailand? Places to visit, where to stay, and in particular hotels in Koh Samui?
You'll probably fly into Bangkok, I'd recommend doing a few nights there. Lots to do and see.

Chiang Mai in the north is a great city too.

For Koh Samui make sure the weather is good for the time of year you are going. The Andaman coast (Phuket, Krabi etc) tends to have better weather at certain times if you are looking for beach destination.

You'll probably fly into Bangkok, I'd recommend doing a few nights there. Lots to do and see.

Chiang Mai in the north is a great city too.

For Koh Samui make sure the weather is good for the time of year you are going. The Andaman coast (Phuket, Krabi etc) tends to have better weather at certain times if you are looking for beach destination.
Thanks! We will probably travel to different places. Planning to get married there so we'll spend a decent amount of time there too.

Get pocket WiFi from the airport and Google translate, which is brilliant.

You might otherwise need to be a bit more specific on what you want to do/see and in how long.