Holidays #3 2023 & 2024

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Can’t believe we’re almost a quarter way through the year already!
where is everyone off to next?

We’ve got a gorgeous Airbnb in Tenby coming up soon for a few days. Really looking forward to it.
in may we’re off to Porto for five nights. Absolutely love it there.
We’ve cancelled a holiday in Greece with tui.
Was given the option to choose other accommodation or get a refund, as the hotel we were staying in was closing!
we chose the refund, so now looking for a week in June somewhere.

Got other holidays later in the autumn as well.
Really lucky to be having a bumper year for holidays.
BTW, what has happened to the price of travelelodge and premier inn!!!
They used to be my go to for a cheap few days away. Looked at two nights recently for Edunburugh. Nearly £300 for 2 nights 😬
I could get a flight and hotel for that in Europe,- WTF..

Reactions: 6
Dubai end of April for 4 nights
Switzerland (geneva and Grindelwald) end of august for 5 nights
A week in florida in November for disneyworld
---
Vietnam in April, Spain in September and New York City in November. Also a weekend break to Cork sometime in the summer.
Ooo where in Vietnam? That’s on my bucket list!
---
Thinking of booking a couple of days in Lisbon for my other half as a surprise. Which area would be best?
If you are fit and healthy I found Lisbon quite walkable, and there are trams to get around. Some parts are pretty hilly (alfama district). We stayed near rossio metro and it was easy to get around from there

Reactions: 1
Does anyone have recommendations for Thailand? Places to visit, where to stay, and in particular hotels in Koh Samui?
I've stayed in Anantara Bophut hotel, which is very close to Fisherman's village on N of Koh Samui ...lots of good places for eating out and night market
alternatively head to Anantara Rasananda on Koh Phangan ( short boat journey from Koh Samui) ...beautiful hotel in stunning location on NE of island...we arrived by speedboat direct to beach in front of hotel ( very James Bond)
first time we went in July , 2nd time September....weather was great both times- had occasional thunderstorms but it's the tropics and didn't last too long

Just been to Poland and onto Vienna next. Not sure what to expect with Vienna, I'm sure it will be very pretty but I'm not thinking too touristy.

Reactions: 4
I usually book and pay straight away for my holidays. But this time I’ve paid monthly instalments and liked it as it’s an amount I don’t really notice going out. I’m just wondering if anyone knows of a booking site that does instalments over more than 12 months? Just to keep the payment under £100 a month really. I see hays travel have some for 16 months but seems you can’t look online yourself at their holidays so looking for another option

I usually book and pay straight away for my holidays. But this time I’ve paid monthly instalments and liked it as it’s an amount I don’t really notice going out. I’m just wondering if anyone knows of a booking site that does instalments over more than 12 months? Just to keep the payment under £100 a month really. I see hays travel have some for 16 months but seems you can’t look online yourself at their holidays so looking for another option
I think Jet2holidays offer more than 12 months

Reactions: 2
Can anyone recommend somewhere to stay in Vancouver? We’re doing an Alaskan cruise in September leaving Vancouver so we’ve booked flights to have 2 days there before the cruise leaves. Be grateful for any reasonable hotel recommendations!

London for the coronation.
Pasadena, CA for Cruel World Festival for a weekend in May
Las Vegas for 2 nights in June just to go to a Gordon Ramsay restaurant😂
Latitude Festival in July
Finland in December for the Northern lights
Dorset for Christmas

Already been to South America in February this year

Oooh eager to hear about Lisbon as I’ve booked it for September 😊

Got a long weekend in Cotswolds coming up, then Greece in June.

I really want to go to Lake Como but I’m trying to weigh up when to go. I’ve seen a great deal for May for four nights but don’t know if I’m better opting for the latter end of July/early August.

Also really fancy Paris this year too for a girly trip. Trying to twist my best friends arm to go in December as a Christmas present for each other rather than us buying gifts.
I went in August a few years due to going my daughters school holidays. I’d aim for early to mid July assuming it’s cheaper than late July and august

• Heart
I was looking at going this year but ended up going somewhere else. But preparing for next years holidays since I already used all my annual leave this year😄
But has anyone been or both Iceland and Lapland and if so which was better? I’m leaning towards Lapland possibly in Jan

Just been to Poland and onto Vienna next. Not sure what to expect with Vienna, I'm sure it will be very pretty but I'm not thinking too touristy.
If you get a chance, breakfast at Café Central in Vienna is wonderful. But either make reservation, or queue early in the morning before opening, as it gets very busy.

We have quite a busy year planned with trips but I work in travel so the perks are good

Palma Nova - end of the month - this is just a last minute booked holiday, using a companion voucher and got a good deal on a hotel. I used to work in Magaluf 10yrs ago for 2 seasons so its going to be very nostalgic going back. I know not everyone's cup of tea but Palma Nova is lovely.

London - May - going to visit my partners family and travel down to Cornwall for a few days.

Krakow - July - My brother is getting married out there, about an hour outside of Krakow. I've never been but somewhere I've always wanted to go.

LA & Vegas - August - This has been planned for a while for my birthday. My partner is going to drive up to Vegas. I've never been to America so I'm really looking forward to it.

London - August - Going to stay in Staines for my younger siblings birthdays, will do a day out in Thorpe Park

Benidorm - September - Again not everyones cup of tea but I love Benidorm! The people watching is something else and Old Town is beautiful.

Thailand - January - I know this is technically 2024 but we go away just before New Year. My partners family live out there. It's probably my favourite place on earth.

I know that seems like a lot but we literally work and save so we can travel - I think my favourite thing is collecting the magnets haha

• Heart
Reactions: 11
I was doing a years savings challenge but right now I have what I’d need to book Lapland for 5 nights in Jan in that pot. Dilemmas 🤔

I was doing a years savings challenge but right now I have what I’d need to book Lapland for 5 nights in Jan in that pot. Dilemmas 🤔
Book it!!!! I’ve been 4 times, it’s my fave place on earth and just magical!

• Heart
Book it!!!! I’ve been 4 times, it’s my fave place on earth and just magical!
I probably will is 5 nights enough time? My plan was to do husky sled and northern lights. Any other recommendations? Have you been in Jan. I’ve read it’s a good time to visit although I’m sure someone said previously on here to avoid Jan 🤔
I have £440 in my savings pot and £95 left over that I didn’t spend whilst on my last holiday. It’ll cost £510 for flights and accommodation in Lapland so perfect 😅

I probably will is 5 nights enough time? My plan was to do husky sled and northern lights. Any other recommendations? Have you been in Jan. I’ve read it’s a good time to visit although I’m sure someone said previously on here to avoid Jan 🤔
I have £440 in my savings pot and £95 left over that I didn’t spend whilst on my last holiday. It’ll cost £510 for flights and accommodation in Lapland so perfect 😅
Omg do it!!!

• Haha
I went to Vienna recently and really liked it! The Vienna pass is worth getting. The zoo is included in it and zoos aren’t normally my thing but it was amazing. I recommend a cheesecake from The Truth (delicious) and dinner at Brasserie Palmenhaus Wien. It had mixed reviews but the food was actually really nice and in a cool setting. Enjoy!

So I was going to book Lapland in jan but now I’m unsure. Either that or cappadocia in March/April. Has anyone been to both?