Holidays #3 2023 & 2024

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Came back from Dubrovnik and I’ve not enjoyed it. Some of it is related with stress from work and home which probably didn’t help.
Can somebody recommend a short haul flight to somehwere so I can get my groove back.
Not the obv touristy cities like Barcelona, Paris etc
Even better if it’s good for some R&R and a little bit of sightseeing
That's a shame about Dubrovnik.

I really love Nice. I found it really chilled, not too busy when I went at the end of August. Beautiful coastline and really easy to get around, Cannes, Antibes etc are all within 30 mins on the train and even into Italy. I got a really cheap deal with easyJet holidays. Lots of small quaint villages along the trainline to explore.

Reactions: 2

I really love Nice. I found it really chilled, not too busy when I went at the end of August. Beautiful coastline and really easy to get around, Cannes, Antibes etc are all within 30 mins on the train and even into Italy. I got a really cheap deal with easyJet holidays. Lots of small quaint villages along the trainline to explore.
Thank you this sounds really nice

After a crap day at work yesterday booked Oslo. At least something to look forward to now.

• Heart
Reactions: 7

Yes I loved nice, so easy to get train to other places

I’m also in the “keep booking” camp. So far this year we’ve had/are having:
4-night cruise for my birthday in February
Trip to Vegas in April for a music festival
Trip to Pasadena in May for another music festival
Currently on the plane to Malaysia for 2 weeks
A week in Hawaii in September
A few days in the UK in October (for a concert)
A cruise for the Christmas holidays

And then we have:

Galapagos/Machu Picchu July 2025
A Rhine cruise November 2025
Chile and the Panama Canal March 2026
Danube cruise September 2026

plus more concerts, I’m sure.

And I’m still looking for things to book and deposit.

Interesting to see people going to Santa Barbara. That’s my husband’s hometown. Many happy memories there. We live in Florida now but most of our family is still in California.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
This year was a tough year for us and we had to cancel a few things at the start of the year.

So far we’ve been to Tenerife for a few nights and then we have a California road trip booked for September.

In between I’m doing a Scotland road trip, Belfast for a few days and London for a couple of nights.

Next year I’m looking to book Rome & Sorrento, Krakow & Paris plus some UK places.

You’ve got to make the most of life while you can, we don’t get a say in when it ends.

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.