Holidays #3 2023 & 2024

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Going to Gran Canaria in September (puerto mogan). I’d never heard of it before booking but it looks very quaint and scenic! Can’t believe how much holidays have gone up! I didn’t expect to be going away again this year (went to Cuba in January) but me and my boyfriend were looking at holidays in Cornwall and it was cheaper to go to Gran Canaria!

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Went to Paris in February. Going to Lanzarote in April, Menorca in July and Zante in August! Would love a trip to Vilamoura over Halloween if I can!! So excited for my travels this year!! 😁😁

Reactions: 1
Off to Sweden and Denmark in June.

Can someone please recommend things to do in Dundee?

Reactions: 3
Vietnam in April, Spain in September and New York City in November. Also a weekend break to Cork sometime in the summer.

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Maldives honeymoon in May and let me tell, I cannot wait. Keep getting excitement butterflies thinking about it.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Warsaw next week

Vienna in June

Currently gathering ideas for a September getaway

So I’m going to the the 2n3d boat trip this week. I went to get my refund as they said I’d get 50% refund as I was cancelling within 48 hours. When I got there they said head office made a mistake and I couldn’t get any refund.
So told them I’ll see how I am tomorrow and I’ll probably just do it then. I’m feeling much better today at least so I think I’ll be able to do it just still weak so hoping in 2 days I’ll be ok.
Most annoying thing is as I thought I’d get some refund I booked a hotel instead for £188 which I cannot get refunded, so I’ll lose that money 😭. At least flight instead which luckily they hadn’t confirmed so I got a refund for that.

Going to Gran Canaria in September (puerto mogan). I’d never heard of it before booking but it looks very quaint and scenic! Can’t believe how much holidays have gone up! I didn’t expect to be going away again this year (went to Cuba in January) but me and my boyfriend were looking at holidays in Cornwall and it was cheaper to go to Gran Canaria!
I was a holiday rep in Gran Canaria years back, and I loved it when I had an airport transfer that would take me there. I'd always have an hour until someone picked me up, so I'd sit by the Marina with coffee and Mojo potatoes. Bliss. This was in the late 90's mind, but I don't think it's changed too much.

We should have been going to Mexico next week for husbands 50th, but I can't manage the travel due to injury and am awaiting further surgery. We have 11 days booked in Crete at the end of August. It's a small village, totally unspoilt and adult only hotel.

Croatia in May and Majorca in September. Holidays are all crazy expensive this year, so was delighted that I managed to find a couple of good deals.

We're going to Paris in May and hopefully Vienna in July time! I'd love to book more but my partner doesn't have much annual leave left 😭

We've just booked our third wedding anniversary trip (/honeymoon, really, as we never got one due to getting married in 2020) to Rome and I am SO excited. Wife and I haven't had a holiday abroad together since 2014 so I'm like a kid who has just been told they're going to Disney with my countdown already.

Other than the obvious things, does anyone have an recommendations for things off the beaten track, or that tourist sites might not recommend? My wife speaks decent enough Italian so they don't have to be things that cater to a touristy population.

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Signed up for an island hopping tour for today, heated tour C was the best so went for that (only available spot anyway)- ended up getting on the wrong boat and did tour A.
Luckily Tour A and your C are hard to pick for the best your from what I’ve heard.
Currently waiting for people to get ready to go to the food market 😋

Philippines is the most beautiful place I’ve been - never have looked at a view and thought it could be on a postcard
59CFD8F9-2888-46E9-9F65-9B54EA60FCBB.jpeg

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Can someone please recommend things to do in Dundee?
Discovery Point is worth a visit, there's a historical ship you can go on board and its got quite a good museum/visitor centre. It's next to the V&A which I've heard v mixed reviews on, but might be good if there is a decent exhibition on. We were going to check it out last year but didn't have time.

Will you have a car? If so St Andrews isn't too far to drive and is beautiful, and the coastline around St Andrews is stunning. Also Glamis Castle is so lovely, or Scone Palace, both not too far to drive from Dundee.

Maybe someone else can give you more recommendations for actually in Dundee, sorry 😅

Thanks for the new thread!

It feels like I’m really catching up with travel after Covid, finally 🤍

June: Lisbon and Cornwall
September: Mallorca
November: Honeymoon! Southern USA 🇺🇸

• Heart
Thanks for the new thread!

It feels like I’m really catching up with travel after Covid, finally 🤍

June: Lisbon and Cornwall
September: Mallorca
November: Honeymoon! Southern USA 🇺🇸
You'll have to update when you've been to Lisbon. I've booked to go there in July

Also booked New york in June

Thinking of booking a couple of days in Lisbon for my other half as a surprise. Which area would be best?