Holidays #3 2023 & 2024

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Okay coming from my previous post about greece, I think we're now going to do a city break in August 😂
Any tips for Milan or Rome?
More as in anything we should avoid, places to visit, restaurants?
Our hotel is within walking distance / 15 min journey to the centre :)
I don't know about Milan but would 100% avoid Rome in Aug & Sept. We went in Sept and it's so humid that you can't do anything in the day, you need to wait until the evening for the air to cool. After we went we were told that even Romans leave the city at that time of the year

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Has anyone been to Turkey end of July/early August? Wondering if it’ll be too hot for my 5 year old.

Trying to find a decent AI holiday in summer holidays without it costing £4k plus for the 3 of uso_O. Problem is I’m fussy when it comes to hotels and we’ve been lucky previously with getting some good deals (admittedly out of term times).
Same as 101d I went probably at around 13 and with the pool and shade it was fine

Reactions: 1
Got Crete in August as previously mentioned, but fancy a city break in November for our anniversary. Torn between Gothenburg to see husbands family, we haven't been since covid and we love it there. But also fancy Istanbul. Will wait a few months as just had a big surgery and want to see how my recovery goes.

Does anyone else have a travel wish list? Currently saving and looking at buying a home so all travel plans are on hold and it’s slightly depressing me 🥹

Los Angeles
San Fransisco
Iceland
Tulum
Positano
Portofino
Amsterdam
Venice
Austria
Maldives
Paris
Rome
Santorini
Just to add if anyone has any recommendations of where to stay/eat/drink/activities in any of these places I’d appreciate it ☺

Does anyone else have a travel wish list? Currently saving and looking at buying a home so all travel plans are on hold and it’s slightly depressing me 🥹

Los Angeles
San Fransisco
Iceland
Tulum
Positano
Portofino
Amsterdam
Venice
Austria
Maldives
Paris
Rome
Santorini
I love this idea so much omg

Rome
Miami
LA
Basically route 66
Rhodes
Ibizia Old Town
Bali
Tokyo
Paris (Not so much but still maybe a day!)
Santorini
Lake como

• Heart
I love this idea so much omg

Rome
Miami
LA
Basically route 66
Rhodes
Ibizia Old Town
Bali
Tokyo
Paris (Not so much but still maybe a day!)
Santorini
Lake como
Ooo I’m adding Japan to my list, I reckon the food alone would be heavenly 😍

• Heart
Reactions: 2
My to do list is (in no particular order):

US and Canada Roadtrip
Hawaii
US national parks
Antigua
Turks & Caicos
Bora Bora
Australia
Safari
Zanzibar
Costa Rica visiting Arenal, cloud forest and some time on the beach
Some more Greek islands
Patagonia
Seychelles

• Heart
My bucket list…

Maldives
Bhutan
Korea
Taiwan
Bali
Botswana
Panama Canal
Brazil
Nazca Lines
Cappadocia
Galapagos was on it but we’ve got that booked for 2025
Hawaii was on it but we’ve got that booked for 2024

already booked:
Lapland for December 2023
Borneo for May 2024
Hawaii for September 2024
Galapagos for July 2025

plus some weekends n Las Vegas, Pasadena, London. Also moving to Florida in the next year or two so will need to do a house-hunting trip there.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Well we had booked our dream holiday 2wks in Florida Disney/universal etc for August this year. Today we went in to TUI to claim a refund as we had to cancel due to my oldest son being diagnosed with incurable stomach cancer. TUI were absolutely brilliant and wavered the cancellation fee so we got a full refund. This evening we have booked a week away in our favourite place in the uk Cornwall. Fingers crossed we are able to make it.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Well we had booked our dream holiday 2wks in Florida Disney/universal etc for August this year. Today we went in to TUI to claim a refund as we had to cancel due to my oldest son being diagnosed with incurable stomach cancer. TUI were absolutely brilliant and wavered the cancellation fee so we got a full refund. This evening we have booked a week away in our favourite place in the uk Cornwall. Fingers crossed we are able to make it.
So sorry to hear of your sons diagnosis. Mind yourself

Thinking of you and your family. Really pleased to hear that TUI were so good though, always nice to hear a positive story about these brands as I think you mostly hear when things go wrong, rather than right.

Hopefully you make it to Cornwall and have a fantastic time. I think we might book a few days in Cornwall for my birthday at the end of September 😊 can't beat a few days by the sea!

Going to Vegas for the first time in September 😀 very excited, staying at planet Hollywood. Any recommendations at all for things to do/places to eat/ must sees are appreciated

Xmas market questions!
A friend and I want to do a Xmas market abroad. Where is good to go? And are there any that start in Nov?
I can’t really take time off in Dec.
I’m sure somebody mentioned that Croatia is good.
Also is there a website maybe with some info
I went to the Bruges Christmas Market a few years ago, and that was the last week of November

Does anyone have any tips on how to get cheaper flights? We've tried sky scanner, but surely there must be other sights too?!

I think we’ll do Bruges. I can imagine it looks spectacular as well
It was lovely, I went with my best friend who, unfortunately, is no longer with us. She had terminal cancer, and died 15 months after we went, but we made lots of lasting , happy memories on that trip.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
My wish lists changes all the time, but I definitely want to see a lot more of Poland!
Canada, more of the east coast of America, South America, more of the Greek islands and the Azores.

Doing a fair bit of planning for 2024 at the moment
Love all the bucket lists on here!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.