Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Megansnarkle

VIP Member
Read the room. So glad you get all giddy and excited while those of us with anxiety struggle. When you’ve had two major surgeries and have to have assistance come back with your excitement.

I didn’t mention my surgeries but I did mention my anxiety.
Bit of an overreaction to a post from someone who just shared their experience of getting ready for holiday in response to your question, isn't it? Shiny's response wasn't seeking to minimise your experience or anxiety, but just shared their thoughts.

• Heart
Reactions: 24

Blond3g1rl

VIP Member
Read the room. So glad you get all giddy and excited while those of us with anxiety struggle. When you’ve had two major surgeries and have to have assistance come back with your excitement.

You asked a question and some gave their view/opinion. Get over it.

Reactions: 13

Tinkerbell cat

VIP Member
We have quite a busy year planned with trips but I work in travel so the perks are good

Palma Nova - end of the month - this is just a last minute booked holiday, using a companion voucher and got a good deal on a hotel. I used to work in Magaluf 10yrs ago for 2 seasons so its going to be very nostalgic going back. I know not everyone's cup of tea but Palma Nova is lovely.

London - May - going to visit my partners family and travel down to Cornwall for a few days.

Krakow - July - My brother is getting married out there, about an hour outside of Krakow. I've never been but somewhere I've always wanted to go.

LA & Vegas - August - This has been planned for a while for my birthday. My partner is going to drive up to Vegas. I've never been to America so I'm really looking forward to it.

London - August - Going to stay in Staines for my younger siblings birthdays, will do a day out in Thorpe Park

Benidorm - September - Again not everyones cup of tea but I love Benidorm! The people watching is something else and Old Town is beautiful.

Thailand - January - I know this is technically 2024 but we go away just before New Year. My partners family live out there. It's probably my favourite place on earth.

I know that seems like a lot but we literally work and save so we can travel - I think my favourite thing is collecting the magnets haha

• Heart
Reactions: 11

Honestly this was not called for. I didn’t read your initial post as being anxiety driven.
Maybe we can get back to discussing holidays instead of “arguing”. The post is about holidays after all. There are a couple of threads about anxiety to post in

JoJo76

VIP Member
Just got back from Crete. Met this chap!

I know a lady out there who I met in 2018 who looks after the ferals. She feeds and neuters and we adopted a beautiful boy from her. I save up every year and paid for a family of 5 to be neutered when we were there.

Attachments

• Heart

Pinhead Larry

Chatty Member
IMG_5754.jpeg

We also arrived at the RIU palace Santa Maria yesterday in Cape Verde. Been amazing so far! Paid for the cheapest room but they’ve upgraded us because we’re both celebrating birthdays

• Heart
Reactions: 10

Former_Antelopee

VIP Member
Bit of an overreaction to a post from someone who just shared their experience of getting ready for holiday in response to your question, isn't it? Shiny's response wasn't seeking to minimise your experience or anxiety, but just shared their thoughts.
I agree should expect both views if asking a question 🤷‍♀️

Reactions: 9

HoGi

VIP Member
Just checked into the premier inn before my holiday to Cape Verde tomorrow 🥳

• Heart
Reactions: 8

Pinhead Larry

Chatty Member
We’ve just booked a trip 😁 anyone been/got any recommendations for the below places?

Singapore
Kuala Lumpur
Penang
Bangkok
Koh Samui

• Heart

Shinythings

VIP Member
Maldives honeymoon in May and let me tell, I cannot wait. Keep getting excitement butterflies thinking about it.

• Heart

thegreencow

VIP Member
My first holiday of the year is to Cornwall next week. I'm very excited as I do love staycations. It's my first holiday since my Grandma died so it will be nice to have a breather from reality for a bit. The past few months have been chaotic.

Not me packing my suitcase 41 days in advance 🧳🤣
And here's me thinking 3 days in advance is too soon.🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 7

101d

VIP Member
I've got 4 holidays booked! I don't know what the hell has taken over me or how I'm going to pay for them all 😂

Mexico - 36 days
Egypt - 282 days
Secret city break - 294 days
Tunisia - 485 days!!

• Heart
How in advance do people start packing? We're going to Austria on Saturday and I haven't started yet 😬

I don't really want dresses etc. to crease and I want a more accurate weather report because it looks like rain so far 😭
I have two extremes and no inbetween. I either pack a week in advance or throw everything in the suitcase the night before

• Haha

Shinythings

VIP Member
I know this sounds pathetic but coming on this thread now is actually painful 😔

Had the most perfect honeymoon and we need to move next year so really have to focus on that so can't really go away until after then.

But holidays are my happy thing. I feel at my happiest when I'm away and I just feel so sad knowing I'm not going away any time soon. I always used to have another holiday to look forward to to get me out of the blues so this feels crap. I know that's such a first world problem, but it's the way I feel 🤷‍♀️

• Heart
  • Sad

Shinythings

VIP Member
This time in two weeks we'll be at the airport hotel ready to fly out in the morning to The Maldives for our honeymoon! We're risking it a bit going in the changeover season where the weather can be more unpredictable so keeping everything crossed.

• Heart

JoJo76

VIP Member
Sorry for my post. I was having a bit of a MH mad breakdown. I accept the responses.

• Heart