Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Romy

VIP Member
Ah yes, good point! Fucking Trump.

Here's an article about it:

Although now reading more about it, it's as clear as mud what the rules are. Seems many have been fine with ESTA's, others not. Seems even the US embassy doesn't really know!
Oh I read the article. I didn't know, it's quite recent. Probably a way to grab more money....

StillLucilleBluth

VIP Member
Does anyone have any thoughts on where would be good (and safe) to go as a single woman where I could just stay in the resort and read and swim and sunbathe for a week?

ElectricDreams

VIP Member
We are off to the Isle of Man and Northern Ireland on Friday. Weather looks good for NI... While we're in IOM! Forecast rain all week 😕 still, might be glad of it after the heatwave this week!

Were hoping to meet up with some people we met on a cruise in February, they've kindly invited us to go for dinner and show us a bit of their part of the world, which will be nice 😊 any tips for things to see and do in either of these places would be welcome. We'll have the car so hoping to see as much as we can.

We were hoping to fit in a short cruise round the Greek Islands at the end of August, prices are really cheap at the moment, however flights cost 3x more than the cruise so I don't think it'll happen!

My friend asked me about going on a cruise. I get seasick but I’ve been told that on a cruise it’s unlikely I’d feel seasick. Just wondering if anyone has any experience?
I even felt seasick once walking on a walkway across the sea by just looking at the sea as I walked. Day trips on boats I can cope with as I know I’ll have a good time even if I’m sick/feel sick. The only place I never felt seasick on any boat and we went on a few was in Thailand no idea why. I don’t find travel sickness tablets worked for me on boats.
It's very unlikely you'd get seasick on a cruise, the ships are very stable and if you were to go to the Med, Aegean, Adriatic, Caribbean etc the seas are usually very calm. I've cruised many times and can honestly say I've never felt much movement, in fact once I had to look out of the window to check we were actually moving as I couldn't tell 🤣

There are things you can do to minimise it, eg book a cabin low down on the ship and towards the middle, as these are the most stable areas and there are remedies you can take.

Last edited:

Colin

I was in Barcelona, Spain. Yes you need a mask inside. No test needed although a friend recently had their whole flight tested on arrival.

noseybirdxo

VIP Member
I unfortunately had quite a negative experience there which put me off for life and so did one of my closest friends who went there separately to me so wouldn't go again. But lots of people are return visitors so it's obviously got something to offer.
Yeah I’ve always been put off it in the past without any good reason but the fact so many return has got me intrigued.

To be honest, I just want a holiday and I just have no idea where I want to go and my boyfriend isn’t being much help 😂

Escapist

A little over 4k, obviously i’m not sure what dates you’re restricted to and i had to just make up childrens ages so I don’t know if that changes things, but have a play around. I stayed here in Mexico with my boyfriend and it is a brilliant hotel and resort, it would be great for kids. There’s a massive lazy river too 😂 View attachment 1114038
Thank you so much, definitely will have a play around ❤

101d

VIP Member
Has anyone ever been to Costa Rica? Thoughts?

Looking at honeymoons for next July- also thinking Dubai & Bali (one trip). Anyone have any other recommendations??! Thanks!!

noseybirdxo

VIP Member
We were actually in Eden Roc Kalithea this summer, our 3rd visit. I have 2 older teens (+ one 20 yo :0 ) and they still love it.

Food is fab (buffet & a la carte), love the beach bar and its been refurbished recently. Entertainment is a bit naff, but enjoyable :LOL:
Ah really? Our first time and i’m really excited! What a la carte restaurants did you do? My boyfriend is a fussy eater haha! Did you do any excursions? My friend stayed there earlier in the summer and did a boat trip to Lindos, I wouldn’t mind getting a boat there but I wouldn’t wanna be like dictated to timing wise as feel it would be a long day and maybe a bus would be better x

Shinythings

VIP Member
Does anyone recommend Turkey as a holiday? If so, what area and any particular holidays?

I’m in desperate need of sun and can’t decide where I want to go 😂
I unfortunately had quite a negative experience there which put me off for life and so did one of my closest friends who went there separately to me so wouldn't go again. But lots of people are return visitors so it's obviously got something to offer.

Miss polar

VIP Member
Lovely to see people getting to go on holidays again!
I have a question about changing a tui holiday if anyone can help.
I need to change the booking for another holiday but I want to choose a 4 day city break rather than the week long holiday that I booked.
I know you have to pay a fee to change your holiday/dates, but does anyone know if you have to change to the same amount of days iyswim?
Hope that makes sense🤔

Off to Bordeaux soon for four nights. Any tips, advice where to go, eat etc? Going with my daughter and we’re staying in an apartment.

Should have said three nights, not that it makes much difference!

Last edited:

Former_Antelopee

VIP Member
I don’t think there’s much you can do to be honest. You willingly paid for the flight change - it’s not like they’ve taken money from you without you knowing or anything. Did you pay on a credit or debit card?
My dad said he read you can be charged but it’ll be refunded. That’s stupid if not as we would not have changed the flights if the website didn’t say they were cancelled so it’s completely their fault? I don’t see how we can be blamed in the slightest as we were trying to check in and were unable as they said they were cancelled. If you’d we that the obviously you’d do something about it? Also you’d do it asap as you’d want to make sure you get another flight?

Former_Antelopee

VIP Member
6838C174-362B-427D-A96E-BE751B871ADC.jpeg
Just have a question as all these rules confuse me! So if my flight to get there (with layovers) would take over 10hours is this breaking the rules? Or does this just mean if I flew to Jordan and Jordan was the layover that time would have to be under 10hours? I think it’s the second but it confuses me! (Hope this makes sense!)

Former_Antelopee

VIP Member
1 hour could be Ok in Frankfurt as they have an international transit area i.e. no need to clear Schengen border because you aren't entering it. If you do have to do any security or passport clearance though I think you're stuffed! If you have checked bags and they do transfer for them for you - an hour is (potentially) not enough time so your bags might arrive on a later flight.
Thank you. Yeah I need to decide what bag I’m taking. I’m doing a tour there going two days before and staying one night extra but may see if there are better flights if I go a day later or come back the day earlier. Need to get paid Monday before I can book anyway