Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

MrsBsDayOff

VIP Member
Does anyone recommend Turkey as a holiday? If so, what area and any particular holidays?

I’m in desperate need of sun and can’t decide where I want to go 😂
I loved it. I've been to Istanbul, Kusadasi, Selcuk and Ancient Ephesus, Kas (near Antalya). Beautiful country, interesting culture, fab accommodation and food. Pretty good value destination. I want to go to Cappadocia next. I highly recommend Turkey.

Former_Antelopee

VIP Member
Just not sure on the answer so figured best to ask here - I’m going away this week - I take a few bits of prescribed medication and then some vitamins/supplements that I take, I normally put all my medicine in one of them medicine boxes for each day. Can I take this in my hold luggage in the box or do I need to take it in the original packaging or in my hand luggage in a clear bag?
My friends taken them in a daily meds box before and it was fine. But it probably depends on which country?

Melian

VIP Member
I went earlier this year as part of a cruise.

Things to do? Absolutely nothing 🤣

It is tiny. Expensive. And if the weather isn't great it is thoroughly depressing.

I have been to Jersey and that is also expensive and miserable when grey, but has a lot more going on.
Oh really? That's disappointing! I've been to Jersey and loved it.

Former_Antelopee

VIP Member
‘If you plan to pass through another country to return to the UK, check the travel advice for the country you’re transiting. If you will pass through a red list country, book your hotel quarantine package before travelling to the UK.’

does this also mean if I’m getting a connecting flight when coming back to the uk?? (Not leaving airport)

Lucie1001

Chatty Member
I'm trying to decide where to book for my December holiday, it's between Thailand and Mexico ( Riviera Maya) I've been to both of them several times and spent 6 months in Thailand so know it well. Thailand is my favourite country in the world so it would be my first choice but I wouldn't be surprised if they still have covid restrictions in like tests upon arrival etc which puts me off, the idea of going to Mexico with no tests needed and just lying in the sun with 24/7 all inclusive food and drink does appeal 🤣 what would you book in this situation?
I’ve been to Thailand once and loved it and would probably choose Thailand over Mexico (I haven’t been to Mexico fyi) IF it was pre 2019, but at the minute I would go with Mexico, then Atleast it’s less of a worry. Could you not book more last minute and see what retractions are like then?

mcfeez

VIP Member
The times of some flights I just booked for changed which meant I would’ve had a 16hour over night layover in Vienna. I’ve requested a refund but looking at other flights do you think it’s worth paying £100 extra not to have the flight home to be at 3:30am? And has anyone had a connecting flight in Frankfurt is 1hour long enough?
Where are you flying from? If you are entering from outside the Schengen zone may need to clear immigration.

Rippedjeanmaybe

VIP Member
How does everyone book their holidays? My holiday booking knowledge doesn’t go beyond TUI/Virgin lol
It depends what I’m booking. I’ve booked virgin before for Orlando, but this time I’ve just booked flights & hotel separate.

usually for city breaks I just book all separate and I look around Expedia etc for hotels.

all inclusive I’d go with TUI usually.

Cariad

VIP Member
We looked at The Seychelles, Constance Ephelia being one of the resorts but it was just a bit out of our price range. Do you prefer Maldives or Seychelles
Oo tricky one!....both were outstanding holidays!
The Seychelles offer more in the way of variety of scenery ( beaches and tropical scenery/ rainforests/ incredible rock features) and wildlife, but there's something incredibly special about being on a Robinson Crusoe type island in The Maldives and swimming in crystal clear, warm sea and seeing masses of tropical fish
Kandolhu only took 10 mins to walk around but there was something new to see every day and the sunsets were incredible- we also took a seaplane to island which was a long awaited for dream of mine- the views are unbelievable
Unfortunately, I wasn't very well when I was in the Seychelles and was sadly unable to swim ( had just been diagnosed with an awful autoimmune illness and had awful wounds on my legs- but wasn't going to cancel my holiday!) , so can't vouch for the tropical fish count/ sea life ....you also take a tiny plane over from Mahe to Praslin which was fantastic and the airport is v cute!
however the climate of both was just glorious and so relaxing
Food on both holidays was delicious (Seychelles was buffet and restaurant/ full board basis but the all inclusive on Kandolhu was 5*+
Just fyi.....We booked Constance Lemuria with Trailfinders and because it was our anniversary we got a significant discount- it was the same if it was for honeymoon so maybe have a look again?

101d

VIP Member
Those of you who book holidays yourself (hotel and flight separately) forgive my stupidity but how do you book transfers to/from hotel?

Or do you just do that when you’re there? I’ve only ever booked package hols!

Former_Antelopee

VIP Member
I would say Turkey just because Ive heard that the Philippines is even poorer now then before …
Also turkey is cheaper as well which is why I was leaning towards turkey. Although Philippines was probably #1 on my places to go and northern Thailand was my other 3rd choice,

ginandlipstick

Hello, me again.

keep changing my mind about where I want to go - that’s the problem with never really travelling anywhere?

me and my partner are now thinking of going to Paris at some point in the first half of 2023.

I’ve heard that CDG airport isn’t great but not sure whether it’s better to get the Eurostar or fly from Gatwick? Any advice please?

We’re staying at Eden Roc Resort, which is in Kalithea I think. We’d like to go to the Springs and the cat sanctuary that’s there that looks after all the strays on the island 😂 We’d definitely like to go to Lindos but still trying to decide whether to get a boat trip or the bus there and we want to see the Acropolis… and we want to go to Rhodes Old Town but not sure when to go to these, day or night and how long to spend there?

We were actually in Eden Roc Kalithea this summer, our 3rd visit. I have 2 older teens (+ one 20 yo :0 ) and they still love it.

Food is fab (buffet & a la carte), love the beach bar and its been refurbished recently. Entertainment is a bit naff, but enjoyable :LOL:

Emmelina Ball

VIP Member
Has anyone got a private transfer from Palma airport in Majorca with a car seat? There’s 5 of us and we arrive late so don’t want to wait for shared shuttle plus it would take much longer to get to our hotel. Was looking at transfers through holiday extras (who also supply easyJet transfers) but they just don’t provide car seats. Anyone know any reputable companies in Majorca that do?

ETA: it’s for a nearly 3 year old so needs more than a booster.
Not been Majorca but anywhere I’ve ever been on holiday with children we always get private transfer because it’s more practical and they have always had car seats because they know children are on the booking id never even have thought they might not! We usually travel jet2 and get the private transfers through them if it’s an option for you?

Shinythings

VIP Member
Thinking about possibly a week in Malta next year. Main things that put me off is lack of beaches and it seems very built up but OH really wants to go.

Sell it to me, or is my assessment accurate?

Gossip2211

Anyone got any recommendations for this time of year that aren’t crazy busy? Thinking somewhere in Italy, or Spain/Mediterranean vibe