Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

sushimama

Chatty Member
How is the situation with London airports now? Is it still so bad? I want to visit London for a weekend in December and I can choose between Luton or Stansted, I usually preferred Luton as I find it more manageable. Do you still need much longer to pass the security?

champagnepinkk

VIP Member
Wanting to go to Mykonos or Santorini later this year, anyone who eats halal food how did you find it? Worried there wouldn’t be much option! ❤

Bobbleowl90

VIP Member
Anybody been to Ibiza recently for a family holiday and if so what/where do you recommend for food, bars, sightseeing etc? :)

101d

VIP Member
I am having to move my holiday to Italy to be earlier as they are bringing a rule in from 1st feb that you have to have had your last vaccine within 180 days! I got boosted on 19th December so 180 days takes me to 17th June… I fly on 20th June!
That's weird.... so are Italians getting jabbed every 6 months?

Dragon100

Chatty Member
More on topic we have a week booked in Cornwall in June and have a week booked off work in September but no firm plans of where we want to go yet. But will be somewhere in England as i don't fly!!
tonight we have booked September holiday!! In June we are s self catering near mevigissy with dad (who is not too mobile) in September we are back to Cornwall on our own near helston in a B&B and able to do the things we have been too far away to do on our usual Cornish holiday.

Melian

VIP Member
Those of you who book holidays yourself (hotel and flight separately) forgive my stupidity but how do you book transfers to/from hotel?

Or do you just do that when you’re there? I’ve only ever booked package hols!
I find that public transport is fine for me. As a non driver I'll book my hotel on the basis of public transport availability.

Shinythings

VIP Member
Love it - got engaged there, been 3/4 times and my sister is getting married there next year.

there’s so much to see - Gozo, Camino, a few rocky beaches dotted around. We spent a week there last summer - did a couple of days in st Julian’s, 4 days in Gozo(some hiking, some chilling) and then 2 more days in st Julian’s.

people are so friendly too
OK, that's sounding better! I guess the other thing that puts me off a built is how built up it seems, is it as bad as it seems?

Dot_Cotton

Chatty Member
I have a beautiful lodge booked in Norfolk for March but I'm having a dilemma.

Payment is due on 17th. I have been told I need an op and won't be able to drive for 6 weeks. Was initially told 18th Jan for op but no appointment yet. Do I cancel/move dates of the holiday (for a fee) or hope the op doesn't clash and risk losing a lot of money?? :(

Other than that, no holidays, but hoping to book my honeymoon for 2023!
It’s tricky. I’d be tempted to wait until the last minute and if the appointment hasn’t come through by say 16th change the date.

SpindleWhorl

VIP Member
Anyone been to Madrid? Thinking about going in September for a few days as the flights are decent and weather might still be ok

Former_Antelopee

VIP Member
Thank you both so much . We going late Aug have waterpark, boattrips pool/beach days planned and maybe a meal out as we are all Inc. I think you both nailed pretty much what I have so far so maybe I'm not out of touch as I thought I was haha. Our last couple of holidays have been winter ones so think that's what's thrown me. Thank you so much for your help I feel much less stressed now 😊
One thing I take is a T-shirt I’m happy to swim in just incase I get burnt - but I often get burnt easily especially on my shoulders. Just meant I could still enjoy myself but cover up areas where I want to avoid the sun getting to

mcfeez

VIP Member
I’m travelling by Eurostar in February to Paris, I need to present a negative Antigen or PCR test - I had covid at Christmas and so did my best friend who I will be travelling with, so will both be traveling within 90 days of a positive result. Are we best going for an antigen one instead of PCR?
Yes the PCR is the one likely to pick up an old virus. If antigen is allowed I think its always the one to go for anyway as it tends to be cheaper and a lot faster results

SpindleWhorl

VIP Member
Just booked for Riga, I will be going on the 18th Sept, I will have 3 full days there so thinking of doing a day trip on one of the days. Any tips?

Happy Lady

VIP Member
Hello.. help! 🤣 I’ll be celebrating my 30th birthday next year in March…and I’m torn between St Lucia and Mexico!
7 nights for both

St Lucia - would be the wellness retreat The Body Holiday

Mexico I was thinking to go to both Cancun and Tulum - Cancun first 4 days , have a day to explore + beach day, a day for activities - horse riding, zip lining, quad biking, cenote swimming, a yacht day trip on my bday , then Tulum- a beach club day with massages, and a day for flexible exploring…

Torn. I originally wanted to go to an absolutely lovely wellness retreat in Bali - this is my number 1 choice but their restrictions make that difficult right now… kinda gutted.

What do you think?
Bali is awful. Visited in 2018 on a cruise and was very disappointed. Overcrowded, needed updating, but could see that years back it could have been lovely. Now outdated, cracked flags, and old unkempt buildings.

Sarah123456789

Chatty Member
Aah interesting, we are looking for Thailand for next summer…with kids but 11/13 so need good family activities too? I know absolutely nothing about it so where do I start?! Will be Aug.